Robot Rage Survivors Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

robot rage survivors rr2 rearmed

HomeLatest imagesRR ChatRegisterLog in

Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift    Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 4:20 am

Apparently...
But I don't really remember when I was actually sleeping at this time of day. Either I wake up at this point or go to sleep. Which reminds me of 2nd option as I haven't gone to sleep yet, tho I'm not even sleepy...
Back to top Go down
http://rrlobbychat.com
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift    Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 4:32 am

Heh, well if you don't mind I think I'll wait to change it until I hear some more opinions, right now it's 1-1
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

PostSubject: Re: Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift    Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 4:38 am

No need to fix something that ain't broken Razz
And it's not broken btw.
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift    Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 4:40 am

My opinions, summary:

White instead of yellow lettering in the type box

Background forum back to the way it was

edges around the new buttons a little less white (preview and send) otherwise kool

Lose the strange lightgrey beam (where it sais author and message on this page)

banner is fine, more extensive slideshow

jork wrote:
No need to fix something that ain't broken Razz
And it's not broken btw.

Exactly

Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift    Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 5:10 am

Hmm... I agree with you on the border for the buttons and the light grey beams. I can't really make the sideshow longer for various reasons. I'll work on those tomorrow, I'll probably mess something up in my current state of mind.
Back to top Go down
BEASTY
The Creator
BEASTY

PostSubject: Re: Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift    Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 5:12 am

2D4 wrote:

edges around the new buttons a little less white (preview and send) otherwise kool

yellow to white can change.

back ground is just dandyy how it is. no change

edges around the new buttons make them easyer to see and stand out. no change. unless igit does.

light grey beam havnt seen it but yeah get rid. change

IGGGGI what state of mind are u in? sleepy?
Back to top Go down
https://rrsurvivors.forumotion.com
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift    Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 5:20 am

Uh, kind of sleepy, kind of lazy... Heh. I was just planning to make the border slightly darker...but not now.
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift    Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 3:52 pm

EastTheBeast wrote:
2D4 wrote:

yellow to white can change.

back ground is just dandyy how it is. no change

edges around the new buttons make them easyer to see and stand out. no change. unless igit does.

light grey beam havnt seen it but yeah get rid. change

IGGGGI what state of mind are u in? sleepy?

The edges of the button isn't really a problem, it just has a lot of white compared to other buttons with RR theme and those stand out fine btw. Well about the background, that's a pity (for me) but I guess you guys like it better. Overal I liked the forum a lottt when it was updated last time. The only thing I really wanted to change was the redbrown that was still left in the background of the quote and some buttons but you know howthey say that you can't always get what you want Smile No slideshow needed igit, just put something funny up there
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

PostSubject: Re: Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift    Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 8:11 pm

=/
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift    Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 8:19 pm

yes?
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

PostSubject: Re: Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift    Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 9:22 pm

You removed the nice bg...
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift    Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 9:33 pm

better now?
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

PostSubject: Re: Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift    Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 10:29 pm

Much better Very Happy
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift    Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 10:45 pm

The forum has gotten so darkly .. it's a little depressing and gloomy .. feels like it's winter in august Sad
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift    Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 11:01 pm

We are the survivors, I think dark and gloomy fits our theme pretty well. Razz
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift    Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 12:08 am

well i can only say I agreed with Jork, not to fix things when they aren't broken I like:

New color quote background

new color poll statistics

new buttons preview/send

But for the rest of the changes, I really liked the old forum better, especially the dark background is too sombre for my taste
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

PostSubject: Re: Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift    Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 9:49 pm

Pretty interesting frame, but was fine without it, now it has a feeling that we are limited but I don't think we should have any boundaries. Good effort tho.
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift    Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 9:50 pm

ok, i was just testing it out Smile
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

PostSubject: Re: Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift    Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 10:05 pm

Test it out on 2D4, I'd like to hear his opinion on this. Smile
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift    Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 12:26 am

ok, ill leave it up a full day?
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift    Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 1:28 am

No borders. I agree with jork, also the moving header is not good, it's not straight, best just leave it as it was.

I think the glowy effect is great, especially when it will be christmas but it can lose it's specialness when everything is glow Smile

and make the background as it was !! RR stonegrey, lighter, lol
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift    Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 1:34 am

The new effects on this forum really test my stomach .. I am feeling nauseous .. and dizzy, on top of that the names are all glowing as if I am looking at the page through a foggy mist .. Like I am all alone on a misty sea
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift    Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 2:02 am

Ok, I agree with the effects, I was just testing them out Razz I liked the border thou Sad

and as far as i know, the background we used to have is gone forever. If you have a screenshot of it before the change then i might look into changing it, but otherwise I can't.

BTW not every name glows either... so I'm not sure what you're talking about there. If I only gave glows to certain people then they would feel left out. As you can see, it is impossible to please everyone. So the only logical reason it to include everyone in this.
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift    Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 2:14 am

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound so negative, I know you do this in your sparetime with a lot of enthousiasm. I think the glow I meant was from how something glows up if you get your mouse over it ? The old background .. let's see, I think there are samples in the old Topic, the RR background, or something like that, I think East the beast simply took the game background as a sample. Thanks for everything you do here, you are awesome !!
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift    Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 2:16 am

No problem. I can get the glow off the links. I wanted to before but forgot to :B
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift    Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next