Robot Rage Survivors Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

robot rage survivors rr2 rearmed

HomeLatest imagesRR ChatRegisterLog in

Destructo Bots Suggestions

Go down 
+11
TRON
alw98
TheBot
jork
TRC
Shaolin_Fists
DrakenDevelopment
2D4
spektral
digit
-Max
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
-Max
RR Novice
-Max

Destructo Bots Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Destructo Bots Suggestions   Destructo Bots Suggestions EmptyThu May 09, 2013 8:59 am

I made this thread so we can get all suggestions listed at the same place.
Post all Destructo Bots suggestions here.
DO NOT report bugs in this thread!
Click Here to report a bug.

Suggestions:
Point ranking system.

Change weapon prices.

spray paint in the paint-shop

Ability to change key assignments.

Last edited by -Max on Sun May 19, 2013 1:02 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: Destructo Bots Suggestions   Destructo Bots Suggestions EmptyFri May 10, 2013 12:28 am

Destructo Bots Suggestions Untitl15

I made this comparrison so you can see the difference clearly in design , color and angle (perspective)
I do not mean to be critical of this new RR version because I really appreciate it, the work and the effort, so let me just
say that first. Having said that, I like the second picture better for many reasons not exactly clear to me, everything
just looks better somehow, and I do not like the large blue icons on the screen, they are wayy to large , my grand grand grandmother has no need for this info Smile

Question, was it not possible to rip the graphics and the arena/roof from our old RR and adjust it to your liking /?

Thanks for all the great work you are doing !
Back to top Go down
DrakenDevelopment
RR Minus
DrakenDevelopment

PostSubject: Re: Destructo Bots Suggestions   Destructo Bots Suggestions EmptyFri May 10, 2013 12:38 am

2D4 wrote:
I made this comparrison so you can see the difference clearly in design , color and angle (perspective)
I do not mean to be critical of this new RR version because I really appreciate it, the work and the effort, so let me just
say that first. Having said that, I like the second picture better for many reasons not exactly clear to me, everything
just looks better somehow, and I do not like the large blue icons on the screen, they are wayy to large , my grand grand grandmother has no need for this info Smile

Question, was it not possible to rip the graphics and the arena/roof from our old RR and adjust it to your liking /?

Thanks for all the great work you are doing !

The original Robot Rage files are locked and cannot be opened. Plus, I don't want to infringe on copyright as I want to commercialize this game.

The reason for the menu being SO large is because on iPhones, the resolution is double, so everything is still the same size on the screen but requires images twice as big to keep that screen size. For the PC version I'll force it to use the smaller graphics.
Also, in regards to the color blue, I'm not sure what to do. Keep them blue, or make them white? (Which might make it a bit duller)

Something I notice about the old version is that there is a bit more color contrast in the buildings and rooftop ground. I'll play around with the texture colors to get something with a bit more bababoom.
Back to top Go down
http://drakendev.com/
DrakenDevelopment
RR Minus
DrakenDevelopment

PostSubject: Re: Destructo Bots Suggestions   Destructo Bots Suggestions EmptyFri May 10, 2013 12:40 am

Also, that "Thrasher" building with the brick was the first thing I ever modeled and textures so I might need to look at it again. Perhaps you guys could come up with some cooler meshes.
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: Destructo Bots Suggestions   Destructo Bots Suggestions EmptyFri May 10, 2013 12:48 am

I'd be happy to attempt designing anything if you would give me some details Smile
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: Destructo Bots Suggestions   Destructo Bots Suggestions EmptyFri May 10, 2013 1:16 am

I would advice you to use 2 colors for everything, like grey and yellow or black and yellow (for instance) that will look coherent. Offcourse we used to have yellow and grey like in this forum, that is not a bad choice at all. Certainly not white in my opinion.

I have to be honest, I think the miniclip team did a pretty neat job on the graphics of the post doomsday type arena , but I see your point as you want to make your own thing. I will be playing your game though Smile
Back to top Go down
DrakenDevelopment
RR Minus
DrakenDevelopment

PostSubject: Re: Destructo Bots Suggestions   Destructo Bots Suggestions EmptyFri May 10, 2013 1:18 am

2D4 wrote:
I would advice you to use 2 colors for everything, like grey and yellow or black and yellow (for instance) that will look coherent. Offcourse we used to have yellow and grey like in this forum, that is not a bad choice at all. Certainly not white in my opinion.

I have to be honest, I think the miniclip team did a pretty neat job on the graphics of the post doomsday type arena , but I see your point as you want to make your own thing. I will be playing your game though Smile

I also love what they've done with the graphics, it looks amazing.
I'm not a graphic artist though and it's tricky to get the flashy graphics that they have with the limited experience I have.
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: Destructo Bots Suggestions   Destructo Bots Suggestions EmptyFri May 10, 2013 1:23 am

I do like your logo and font though ! I love grey, so grey with orange isn't a bad idea too. Just take your time, polishing and fine tuning the game you want to make Smile
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: Destructo Bots Suggestions   Destructo Bots Suggestions EmptyFri May 10, 2013 1:24 am

Ps. Wouldn't it be coooool if you could buy the rights and files of the old RR from raketspel ? We have the phone number of the director of Raketspel on this forum, maybe they will hand it to you for a friendly price, just to get back at Miniclip Wink
Back to top Go down
DrakenDevelopment
RR Minus
DrakenDevelopment

PostSubject: Re: Destructo Bots Suggestions   Destructo Bots Suggestions EmptyFri May 10, 2013 1:26 am

2D4 wrote:
Ps. Wouldn't it be coooool if you could buy the rights and files of the old RR from raketspel ? We have the phone number of the director of Raketspel on this forum, maybe they will hand it to you for a friendly price, just to get back at Miniclip Wink
One would need money for such an affair. In reality I don't need the files anyway. I've already recreated the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: Destructo Bots Suggestions   Destructo Bots Suggestions EmptyFri May 10, 2013 1:27 am

True
Back to top Go down
spektral
Sea Scumb
spektral

PostSubject: Re: Destructo Bots Suggestions   Destructo Bots Suggestions EmptySat May 11, 2013 2:22 am

If indeed you ever wanted to use your game engine to recreate or have a quick 'play' in the old arena (for non commercial use, otherwise Raketspel would be breathing rather strongly down your neck) let me know, I manually recreated the former arena in 3Ds Max a couple of years ago with relative accuracy.

Destructo Bots Suggestions Rr-future_zpsb8bc1a36

With the classic textures...

Destructo Bots Suggestions Rr-classic_zpsd32d042a

The above was only a preliminary first draft though (didn't take into account correct lighting, shadows, perspective [as opposed to the fish-eye lens look for that pic], had no external skyscrapers, and the midnight scene background is far too close and lo-fi, etc.) Would require a little further work to bring it up to speed.

Fully polygon count optimised, (~200 triangles).

Destructo Bots Suggestions Modelling2

A slightly evolved bot.

Destructo Bots Suggestions Rr-bot_zps0f72a68e

Or the classic low-poly bot (medium chassis) with old wheels...

Destructo Bots Suggestions Modelling4

Last edited by spektral on Wed May 22, 2019 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: Destructo Bots Suggestions   Destructo Bots Suggestions EmptySat May 11, 2013 2:45 am

I am astounded !! Man this looks GOOD !

I want this ! I know I can't have it but this looks awesome, including the bots, this is what we may all have had in mind for a new RR ?

Pedigree Job spektral
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: Destructo Bots Suggestions   Destructo Bots Suggestions EmptySat May 11, 2013 2:50 am

I actually saw those before, they inspired me to make my own version of the bot as well. Would definitely be cool to see them in action!
Back to top Go down
DrakenDevelopment
RR Minus
DrakenDevelopment

PostSubject: Re: Destructo Bots Suggestions   Destructo Bots Suggestions EmptySat May 11, 2013 2:52 am

Spektral,
THEY LOOK AMAZING!
Perhaps I could get your help with a redesign of the arena and possible extra arenas.
Skype me.
Back to top Go down
Shaolin_Fists
Killah Mod
Shaolin_Fists

PostSubject: Re: Destructo Bots Suggestions   Destructo Bots Suggestions EmptySat May 11, 2013 6:45 am

love the neo-wheels on your bots spektral!
Back to top Go down
spektral
Sea Scumb
spektral

PostSubject: Re: Destructo Bots Suggestions   Destructo Bots Suggestions EmptySat May 11, 2013 9:31 pm

DrakenDevelopment wrote:
Spektral,
THEY LOOK AMAZING!
Perhaps I could get your help with a redesign of the arena and possible extra arenas.
Skype me.

Hi Draken, currently been away from home all this week (been using iPad just to check in when I can), but will hit you up once I get back in a couple of days. Smile
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: Destructo Bots Suggestions   Destructo Bots Suggestions EmptySat May 11, 2013 9:54 pm

YAY
Back to top Go down
DrakenDevelopment
RR Minus
DrakenDevelopment

PostSubject: Re: Destructo Bots Suggestions   Destructo Bots Suggestions EmptyMon May 13, 2013 1:40 pm

Any suggestions guys?
Back to top Go down
Shaolin_Fists
Killah Mod
Shaolin_Fists

PostSubject: Re: Destructo Bots Suggestions   Destructo Bots Suggestions EmptyMon May 13, 2013 1:59 pm

Point ranking system (if there is no chance of this happening) an explanation to help understand the current ranking system.

I also think some weapons need to be more expensive(or become less powerful) such as the laser, it costs 1k but it is a very powerful weapon.

spray paint in the paint-shop
Back to top Go down
TRC
RR Beginner
TRC

PostSubject: Re: Destructo Bots Suggestions   Destructo Bots Suggestions EmptyMon May 13, 2013 3:54 pm

Oh, the ability to change key assignments would be cool too! I miss the 3 wheel option when starting out, also more undos in the paint shop would be sick! Smile
Back to top Go down
TRC
RR Beginner
TRC

PostSubject: Re: Destructo Bots Suggestions   Destructo Bots Suggestions EmptyFri May 17, 2013 7:08 pm

Also, camera zoom?
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

PostSubject: Re: Destructo Bots Suggestions   Destructo Bots Suggestions EmptyFri May 17, 2013 10:27 pm

Needs more power axe!
Back to top Go down
http://rrlobbychat.com
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: Destructo Bots Suggestions   Destructo Bots Suggestions EmptyFri May 17, 2013 10:56 pm

If RR3 had anything right it was weapon upgrades. They didn't do it right, but the idea was good.
Back to top Go down
TheBot
Lowest Of Low
TheBot

PostSubject: Re: Destructo Bots Suggestions   Destructo Bots Suggestions EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 12:53 am

Two small things about the paintshop:

It'd be nice to be able to speed up or slow down (or stop) the spinning Bot on the right that shows what it actually looks like.

I'd love a thinner option for the brushes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Destructo Bots Suggestions   Destructo Bots Suggestions Empty

Back to top Go down

Destructo Bots Suggestions
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next