Robot Rage Survivors Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

robot rage survivors rr2 rearmed

HomeLatest imagesRR ChatRegisterLog in

Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift Empty
PostSubject: Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift    Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 10:59 pm

] < Quote IGIT {>Ok, I think I'll start up a thread with suggestions and if you like any of them I'll PM you how to do it.<[!]>

Okay, I couldn't wait .. we can use this thread ? I want to give my humble opinion, do with it as you like Easton and IGIT. I do not like the new yellow framework, the forum looked better without it - 4 sure - The preview and sedn buttons are better than they were, (brown) but I think they should be yellow not grey, maybe best would be if they look like the yellow/grey buttons you guys made on top: FORUM/PLAY RR.The background of the spoiler-space should be grey or black. I say: try losing the olive bar that east hates and replace with a yellow one, of such a tone that it doesn't annoy. Try other colors ? like silver. Maybe gold ? Not sure. But somehow the frame doesn't work for me

Thanks

2D4

Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift    Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 11:22 pm

Not sure what I think about the border, maybe it could be smaller? I was thinking that the quick reply box background could be the same as the background of the messages in RR and when writing the font would be the same yellow as RR as well... Same background would go for the quotes and same color font. Don't worry, when you post it will still be white. Another possibility for the preview and send buttons would be a black button with a yellow border and font.

Also out of curiosity how big are all of your screens resolution?
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift    Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 11:44 pm

where do i find info on my screen resolution ? I think the preview and send should be the same as the other buttons, (like profile, pm, online) black with yellow. I do not see how the border is an improvement at all .. but maybe it is just me. The site just looks better without it, trust me.
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift    Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 12:01 am

Yes I suppose you're right about the border. I will look into having the buttons the same as the other ones, nice suggestion!
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift    Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 12:03 am

Thanks Smile

---------------------

hey you see that yellow - block border around the firepit ? Maybe it can be used as a basic idea to make something of a seperation between the topics on the main page ? Just an idea, not sure if it is anything that could work,

Hat please help us ! you are full of good ideas
Back to top Go down
BEASTY
The Creator
BEASTY

PostSubject: Re: Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift    Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 12:35 am

2D4 wrote:
The site just looks better without it
quote test...

yah those buttons must be changed and i need to change some font colours
Back to top Go down
https://rrsurvivors.forumotion.com
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift    Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 1:04 am

Kewl Smile

but maybe it shouldn't be too distracting ?
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift    Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 1:27 am

Yea I'm working on it...

Um, how about a change in the user group colors?
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift    Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 1:54 am

Keep at it guys Smile I kinda like what I see. Not sure what u mean by user group colors. The new font for the RRS needs some tuning Smile

and igit congrats dude !
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

PostSubject: Re: Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift    Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 1:57 am

Top banner doesn't suit the page now, it never did actually lol.
Back to top Go down
http://rrlobbychat.com
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift    Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 2:38 am

I agree Smile
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift    Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 2:56 am

Haha well it'll have to do until I get east mine off of my computer. What do you think of my own version of robots (my avatar) being in it? It's either that or my old one. Tell me what you think. And 2d4, what I meant by username color is that admins are blue, mods are green, and members are pink, others are yellow.
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

PostSubject: Re: Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift    Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 2:57 am

Green suited you better IGIT.
Blue...bleh
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift    Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 3:03 am

Yea... I know... I was thinking maybe a white for mods and a green for admins? What do you guys think? I like the yellow for the others, I think pink should be changed tho...
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift    Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 3:03 am

That's fine :0 if you feel better with blue

If I look at the forum, I feel that it wasn't so bad the way it was .. perhaps only the main banner had to change+ other font in banner, buttons update (preview send), background color for spoiler (I think east is working on it) and a new avatar for east ! Smile and ok, east was probably right about the olive that had to go. So pretty much just a little fine tuning. Take a few hallucinating mushrooms and go crazy on it lol
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift    Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 3:08 am

iN GOD I TRUSTâ„¢ wrote:
Yea... I know... I was thinking maybe a white for mods and a green for admins? What do you guys think? I like the yellow for the others, I think pink should be changed tho...

Is that pink ? It would be kool if it was actually real bright pink, this is more like a faded red. I have no opinion on those colrs, as long as they are kool and not all the same, different colors look very sweet on a grey background. \\

Ps. For all the other things, I would say, just try out a few things and see what works
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift    Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 3:14 am

hmm... ok, tell me what you think of the new banner
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

PostSubject: Re: Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift    Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 3:42 am

And how does the one with your sig/avatar style looks like?
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift    Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 3:44 am

I haven't made one yet, does that mean you don't like this?
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift    Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 4:14 am

Ok Smile that is much better isn't it Okey ! updated the buttons, nice !

As far as I am concerned, the things I type in preview message do not have to be yellow, white is okay for me.

What u guys think about the grey beam where it sais, edit post and the one on the main page, I don't know what to think of it. And what about the background color ? is it an improvement ?

Last edited by 2D4 on Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

PostSubject: Re: Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift    Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 4:17 am

iN GOD I TRUSTâ„¢ wrote:
I haven't made one yet, does that mean you don't like this?

Not really...
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift    Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 4:18 am

Thanks, I'm about to turn in for the night. Keep pumping out suggestions, I probably won't get back online for another 20hours...

Ok, I'll work on the other one next time I get on... Any ideas for what it should look like?
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift    Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 4:20 am

There is no hurry, sweet dreams
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift    Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 4:21 am

Yea thanks, you too. I have orientation for school tomorrow so I thought I'd better get some sleep :p
Back to top Go down
BEASTY
The Creator
BEASTY

PostSubject: Re: Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift    Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 8:13 am

i definitely like the black better easyer on the eyes. i wanna add more pics to the title but gj Smile me like
Back to top Go down
https://rrsurvivors.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift    Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift Empty

Back to top Go down

Thread with suggestions ~ RRS facelift
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next