Robot Rage Survivors Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

robot rage survivors rr2 rearmed

HomeLatest imagesRR ChatRegisterLog in

RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed

Go down 
+15
jork
JLesis
Noobfaces
Miloto
jbab
Mr G W
NoMercI
2D4
DrakenDevelopment
Anonymous1
Kraddy
-Max
Farum
RageTester
digit
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
AuthorMessage
digit
Add mint
digit

RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed - Page 15 EmptySat Apr 21, 2018 8:51 pm

Looking good! I like the idea of having choices for the UI. As for the music, I hope that it is easily mutable (no offense to Johan)
Back to top Go down
pionner
Reborn
pionner

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed - Page 15 EmptySun Apr 22, 2018 12:10 am

Yes, you will be able to turn off the music in the options menu. You will also probably be able to select if you want to hear it in menu/battle only.
Back to top Go down
http://robotrage.pro
-Max
RR Novice
-Max

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed - Page 15 EmptySun Apr 22, 2018 4:32 am

Great idea. I like what I see, I like what I read.

You guys are awesome. cheers
Back to top Go down
Miloto
Lowest Of Low
Miloto

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed - Page 15 EmptySun Apr 22, 2018 3:42 pm

Not gonna lie might have to pull a 24 hour play binge with friends when this launches! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pionner
Reborn
pionner

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed - Page 15 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2018 11:43 pm

Work in progress here Smile

Here is our little checklist, please excuse the mix of Polish and English, it was never meant to be published Razz
These are changes from just this week.
Spoiler:

We decided to make it in English to make it readable for you... after having half of it done in Polish Razz
Back to top Go down
pionner
Reborn
pionner

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed - Page 15 EmptyMon May 07, 2018 12:35 am

We'll need a volunteer to write 1-2 sentences of description for each weapon/part present in game. They will be displayed in shop item summary.
Anyone? Smile

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
-Max
RR Novice
-Max

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed - Page 15 EmptyTue May 08, 2018 4:21 am

Do you need the old descriptions or you want new ones? The old description only gave the basic info about every items. Price, Weight, Placement, Damage, etc.

If you don't have the old ones, I can rewrite the whole thing for you. I have all of them somewhere.
Back to top Go down
pionner
Reborn
pionner

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed - Page 15 EmptyTue May 08, 2018 7:42 am

We want new ones, more like item description, as stats etc we already show somewhere else. If you still want to write them, I'll send you examples and other stuff you need on PM later.

Still making progress, we just decided to show you more changes less often instead of boring you with every minor detail Smile

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
pionner
Reborn
pionner

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed - Page 15 EmptyTue May 08, 2018 10:05 pm

I want to ask you for your opinions.

We created a draft of item equipping system. We wanted it to be something more than just boring text, so here it is:
Spoiler:

For now it's just an image, we want to know what you think before we start implementing it.
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed - Page 15 EmptyThu May 10, 2018 8:27 am

Ugh, you mean those green arrows? Completely unnecessary.
Don't mean to sound negative, but all those extra ideas can wait, saying from personal experience, I often have lots of ideas to put in my work, but time isn't limitless, so I often end up with things not quite done, what I mean to say is leave it for later if you'll feel like it.
Back to top Go down
http://rrlobbychat.com
pionner
Reborn
pionner

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed - Page 15 EmptyThu May 10, 2018 8:51 am

We are not limited by time, we will release when ready, so no problem there.
We have to implement it now, it's one of the last things we don't have in menus, then we'll fix some bugs and finally jump into gameplay. Just want to finish menus so we don't have to go back to them later.

What I'm trying to say is that we want to write it right the first time, with all elements in place. We're just asking about overall looks. If you have better idea, feel free to throw it at us Smile we didn't start writing the code yet. We just want to avoid putting in another boring list and make it appealing to new players too.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed - Page 15 EmptyThu May 10, 2018 7:59 pm

For me the appeal was in simplicity, with more menus one can only get more confused imo, but they might be good at times, personally I'd have it clean, what do others say?
Back to top Go down
pionner
Reborn
pionner

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed - Page 15 EmptyThu May 10, 2018 8:23 pm

Well, we asked the same on facebook, and here it is:
RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed - Page 15 TciYy3K
Back to top Go down
-Max
RR Novice
-Max

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed - Page 15 EmptyThu May 10, 2018 9:12 pm

I'd prefer the way the old menu workshop worked just for the fact that you had the items and their impact on your bot performance at the same place. Way easier to understand and play with.

The way I see it in your picture, there's no way of telling how fast or strong my bot is, and what impact the parts I select have on the bot. You probably already planned that (with that big empty box) but not having it on the picture makes it hard to tell if this workshop would be a better option.

Last edited by -Max on Sat May 12, 2018 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Farum
Reborn
Farum

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed - Page 15 EmptyFri May 11, 2018 3:20 pm

jork wrote:
For me the appeal was in simplicity, with more menus one can only get more confused imo, but they might be good at times, personally I'd have it clean, what do others say?

Sure, we can relate to that. On the other hand - please, remember that we are trying to refresh a little the game to get more players to play with. For now we think that menu is very simple for a game like that. We want to put little gizmos like that to make workshop menu look a little bit refreshed Wink
And, what is most important - remember that original menu was a little box on 800x600 screens. We had to add some things to fill up empty spaces on 1920x1080 screen.

-Max wrote:
I'd prefer the way the old menu workshop worked just for the fact that you had the items and their impact on your bot performance at the same place. Way easier to understand and play with.

The way I see it in your picture, there's no way of telling how fast or strong my bot is, and what impact the parts I select have on the bot. You probably already planned that (with that bug empty box) but not having it on the picture makes it hard to tell if this workshop would be a better option.

Remember, image's purpose is to only to show the equipment feature. We plan to put all stats/tweaking things (armour etc) in this empty space on image.
Back to top Go down
NoMercI
RR Novice
NoMercI

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed - Page 15 EmptyFri May 11, 2018 8:17 pm

Do remember that most of us are here for nostalgia's sake and want to see a game that resembles the original RR as closely as possible. so you might find us a little more conservative haha. Personally, i don't mind the changes to the menu's that much if you believe it makes the game more accessible to the broader public, as long as the core game play stays the same as the original RR.

Keep up the work!
Back to top Go down
pionner
Reborn
pionner

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed - Page 15 EmptyFri May 11, 2018 9:30 pm

Let's address the elephant in the room: if we aim only in old players, the server will be empty for the most of the time. We have to make it interesting for new players, which means more modern menus, but also new maps and new weapons have to be added.
As for changing the core gameplay, as we promised earlier, we'll separate new content from original with 2 gamemodes: "classic" and "extended". (also first releases will not have any new content)

We don't want to change everything, but we also don't want to blindly copy everything from the original, that's why it's a remake, not a remaster.

We do respect your opinions and understand reluctance to changes, we all know how RR3 ended up after making changes players didn't like.

So, let's take a look at the original, and I'll try to explain our train of thought:
RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed - Page 15 DTJCMqv

We have top list here containing spare parts, which we replaced with more informative one (aside from model, there is now name, weight and size). This is not the point of the discussion, so I'll skip it.
Below that, we have stats: used space, max speed and armour. We have nothing against it, we'll leave it as it is, maybe just add a number next to it, showing exact value since spare parts list has them now.

And finally we have long list of parts. Aside from remove button, an item can have key, placement and armour balance.
We want to move keybinding to settings and make it more predictable: assign buttons to slots instead of individual weapons, eg. Z for front weapon, X for rear etc. Fully customizable, you'll be able to assign any button on your keyboard to any slot.
Next in the line is armour balance. We want to make it an actual slider and place it under 3 bars on the left (used space, max speed, armour).

As the only thing left to display are the names of used parts and placement, we want to make it more appealing than just a list. We have a bot preview that is there... basically for nothing. So, why don't we use it to actually show what is equipped and where? Alternative is just a list of items names.

This post is already way too long, so I'll just add: we didn't start to code it yet (we could, but we didn't want before we all agree on the way it should be working), once we start, we won't change the concept, but until we start, we can.
So, if you have an idea how it could be done better, make a mockup in paint and send it to us.
We're not saying that our idea is the best. We're just saying that we feel, that it's better than plain list.
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed - Page 15 EmptyFri May 11, 2018 10:25 pm

I definitely like the slider idea, but the idea of putting a description of what goes where is bugging me, as long as it's only gonna show up in workshop I'll be fine with it, preferably with on/off switch then?
I just have a feeling that people will get tired of it real quick, it's good for new players to get to know how things work tho. Overall I'm not against it as I wasn't planning on spending much time in the workshop anyway xD.
Back to top Go down
-Max
RR Novice
-Max

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed - Page 15 EmptySat May 12, 2018 12:47 am

Can you rotate the bot model in the workshop bot preview? If you can, the whole thing wouldn't align. That bothered me the first time I looked at your sketch. I like the idea, I'm confident that you will figure out a good way of designing it. Maybe the lines could adjust depending on the bot positioning when it is not rotating. Selecting the part you want to interact with could highlight the corresponding line?
Back to top Go down
pionner
Reborn
pionner

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed - Page 15 EmptySat May 12, 2018 12:53 am

@jork what do you mean with on/off switch? To preview bot in workshop without these lines, or something else?

@Max The lines will move with bot and will probably go semi transparent while bot rotates. Workshop's bot preview would also be locked to not rotate by default, as it would be annoying.

And yes, lines would be present in workshop only, sell/buy parts won't change.
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed - Page 15 EmptySat May 12, 2018 5:52 am

pionner wrote:
@jork what do you mean with on/off switch? To preview bot in workshop without these lines, or something else?
Exactly. As long as it won't prevent players from switching the setups fast having to go to tick for it to go on before being able to change the setup.
Back to top Go down
Farum
Reborn
Farum

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed - Page 15 EmptySat May 12, 2018 8:34 am

Players even wouldn't have a chance to change setups, as access to inventory is only via Workshop Wink For now we have coded the RRR in way that prevents player from doing such a shameful tactics.

We learn on Raket Spel's mistakes and we will add couple more of additional protection against such losers to ensure that we provide fair play to rule-respecting players.
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed - Page 15 EmptySat May 12, 2018 8:08 pm

Farum wrote:
Players even wouldn't have a chance to change setups, as access to inventory is only via Workshop Wink For now we have coded the RRR in way that prevents player from doing such a shameful tactics.

We learn on Raket Spel's mistakes and we will add couple more of additional protection against such losers to ensure that we provide fair play to rule-respecting players.

Uhm, not what I meant, but ok.
Just to clarify, my idea was clean robot preview and still being able to change setup like in the old one.
Back to top Go down
Farum
Reborn
Farum

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed - Page 15 EmptyWed May 16, 2018 11:57 am

Here's little preview of mentioned previously redesign of item equipping UI. Of course it's not fully complete, but as always, what do you think about it?

We plan to include several things to improve this option of view:
- floating view - default, as seen on video
- fixed view - list of equipped items won't float on lines; it will display on top of the black box of bot's preview; however lines will connect from list to bot, so player can see which item is which;
- fixed view with no lines - as above, but without lines;

You will be able to select which option of view will be used, so don't worry Wink
Back to top Go down
Farum
Reborn
Farum

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed - Page 15 EmptySun May 20, 2018 12:21 am

Ok, we've sat down and rethinked our idea. Here's preview of what we trying to achieve:

Spoiler:

Bot will be shrinked a little bit in workshop menu, there will be fixed icons with equipped items. When user's mouse will float above icon, it'll highlight and line pointing on that part will appear.

What do you think about that?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed
Page 15 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next