Robot Rage Survivors Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

robot rage survivors rr2 rearmed

HomeLatest imagesRR ChatRegisterLog in

RobotRage Rearmed: alive again!

Go down 
+6
TRC
Shaolin_Fists
digit
RageTester
jork
pionner
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
pionner
Reborn
pionner

RobotRage Rearmed: alive again! Empty
PostSubject: RobotRage Rearmed: alive again!   RobotRage Rearmed: alive again! EmptySat Feb 16, 2019 12:18 am

I'm sorry for spamming with these threads lately, but well, I think this is important Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://robotrage.pro
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Rearmed: alive again!   RobotRage Rearmed: alive again! EmptySat Feb 16, 2019 11:24 am

So, I'm asuming we can play through VPN or are you planning to host it?
Back to top Go down
http://rrlobbychat.com
RageTester
Chat Owner
RageTester

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Rearmed: alive again!   RobotRage Rearmed: alive again! EmptySat Feb 16, 2019 11:29 am

I got a Raspberry Pi with static IP running from HDD, so could maybe host a server 24/7 not just for local network, but globally
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Rearmed: alive again!   RobotRage Rearmed: alive again! EmptySat Feb 16, 2019 3:04 pm

That's amazing! So I'm guessing that the checksum thing is no longer an issue?
Back to top Go down
pionner
Reborn
pionner

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Rearmed: alive again!   RobotRage Rearmed: alive again! EmptySun Feb 17, 2019 12:56 am

I'm still working on it, IRC connection is pain in the butt.
Well, it turned out only v60 checks for checksum, when we tried using v55, it doesn't require it to run.
Back to top Go down
RageTester
Chat Owner
RageTester

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Rearmed: alive again!   RobotRage Rearmed: alive again! EmptyMon Feb 18, 2019 2:34 pm

I wish I could help... do we really need in-game chat for testing purposes, or do you mean IRC isn't used for chat only? In the end you will still have to re-work player to player connection system... most of people use wireless routers, and so I am afraid we are all "walls" by old standards.
Back to top Go down
pionner
Reborn
pionner

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Rearmed: alive again!   RobotRage Rearmed: alive again! EmptyTue Feb 19, 2019 12:23 pm

IRC is used for lobby, we got it all working now.
We'll post guide how to setup your router to not be a problem Smile
Back to top Go down
RageTester
Chat Owner
RageTester

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Rearmed: alive again!   RobotRage Rearmed: alive again! EmptySat Mar 02, 2019 1:27 pm

RobotRage Rearmed: alive again! Distroyer2
King is back, long live RR
RobotRage Rearmed: alive again! Kingisback
Lobby is down though, so little backwards driving in training
RobotRage Rearmed: alive again! Backintraining
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Rearmed: alive again!   RobotRage Rearmed: alive again! EmptySun Jun 09, 2019 3:01 am

kind of ironic that "RIP NO MORE" has been the last post in a few months. hope you all are doing well and making progress on whatever it is you're working on in life Wink

I see that the discord has a lot more action going on, so I may have to start going there more often
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Rearmed: alive again!   RobotRage Rearmed: alive again! EmptySun Jun 09, 2019 5:16 pm

Yeah, I now check in there quite often, I guess time moves on and platforms change.
If you were reading discord, you might know that there was some sort of breakthrough, don't wanna jinx it, but anyway, I hope we can have some action soon.
And about lack of posts, if there was no bug with the paintjobs, I'd post more, but there is a bug that moves the whole paintjob on the chassi one pixel to the right every time one enters paintshop, so...
Back to top Go down
pionner
Reborn
pionner

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Rearmed: alive again!   RobotRage Rearmed: alive again! EmptySun Jun 09, 2019 10:40 pm

Well yeah, we paused reborn few months ago, and we are now focusing on getting the original working back again. There is this guy on discord, TOMYSSHADOW, without whom we wouldn't be able to pull of any of that regarding original client. We are still waiting for some stuff, but the game (regardless of some serverside bugs I need to smash) is for now pretty playable.

I'm waiting with releasing anything to avoid failstart like with RR Retro, where it turned out 95% players couldn't connect.
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Rearmed: alive again!   RobotRage Rearmed: alive again! EmptyWed Jun 12, 2019 2:34 am

wow! just read back a couple months and things are looking very promising! very good job to all involved
Back to top Go down
RageTester
Chat Owner
RageTester

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Rearmed: alive again!   RobotRage Rearmed: alive again! EmptySat Jun 22, 2019 4:44 pm

wouldn't hurt right now...
Summer is overheating computers and it's hard to see anything on the screen sometimes...
Might have had patience in the game, but time without it is the real test.
Back to top Go down
Shaolin_Fists
Killah Mod
Shaolin_Fists

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Rearmed: alive again!   RobotRage Rearmed: alive again! EmptyMon Aug 05, 2019 8:11 am

wow this is awesome. I tried it but cant get it working
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Rearmed: alive again!   RobotRage Rearmed: alive again! EmptyMon Aug 05, 2019 3:55 pm

Shaolin_Fists wrote:
Hey, wb!
That's likely cause you need an old browser and install full version of shockwave.
Also try the fullscreen link http://retro.robotrage.pro/fullscreen.php
Back to top Go down
Shaolin_Fists
Killah Mod
Shaolin_Fists

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Rearmed: alive again!   RobotRage Rearmed: alive again! EmptyFri Aug 09, 2019 2:55 am

jork wrote:
Shaolin_Fists wrote:
Hey, wb!
That's likely cause you need an old browser and install full version of shockwave.
Also try the fullscreen link http://retro.robotrage.pro/fullscreen.php

Good to see you still here Smile

It is stuck on 'installing compatibility components'.
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Rearmed: alive again!   RobotRage Rearmed: alive again! EmptyFri Aug 09, 2019 12:05 pm

Well, you can try different browsers, mine works on comodo dragon 13.4.0.0 and Safari 3.525.13.0.
Besides, you should join discord, sooner or later they'll make a standalone version, so won't have to deal with findng a working browser. Right now it's pretty much unplayable as there are practically no fences and yeah, I'm a wall now as I've dumped my modem and changed ISP since, but I heard they might have found a workaround. If everyone will be able to connect to anyone game might rise again.
Back to top Go down
TRC
RR Beginner
TRC

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Rearmed: alive again!   RobotRage Rearmed: alive again! EmptySun Aug 11, 2019 4:47 am

omg
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Rearmed: alive again!   RobotRage Rearmed: alive again! EmptySat Aug 24, 2019 8:30 pm

Great to see you both Shaolin Fist and TRC! Very Happy
hope to see you both in the lobby some time soon
Back to top Go down
Shaolin_Fists
Killah Mod
Shaolin_Fists

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Rearmed: alive again!   RobotRage Rearmed: alive again! EmptySun Aug 25, 2019 7:09 am

I can't wait! I will be playing the game a lot when it comes back!!
Back to top Go down
Shaolin_Fists
Killah Mod
Shaolin_Fists

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Rearmed: alive again!   RobotRage Rearmed: alive again! EmptySat Aug 31, 2019 12:55 am

Bump!

Check the discord to see how to play.
Back to top Go down
RageTester
Chat Owner
RageTester

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Rearmed: alive again!   RobotRage Rearmed: alive again! EmptyThu Sep 12, 2019 7:44 am

Guys could you turn on the browser based version back on? It would really make testing easier...
retro.robotrage.pro
What is the point of disabling the option to play your family on local network?
Back to top Go down
Shaolin_Fists
Killah Mod
Shaolin_Fists

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Rearmed: alive again!   RobotRage Rearmed: alive again! EmptyThu Sep 12, 2019 8:05 am

RageTester wrote:
Guys could you turn on the browser based version back on? It would really make testing easier...
retro.robotrage.pro
What is the point of disabling the option to play your family on local network?

There is a way around this, it's using a VPN on one computer. It may cost money though.
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Rearmed: alive again!   RobotRage Rearmed: alive again! EmptyThu Sep 12, 2019 3:15 pm

Shaolin_Fists wrote:
There is a way around this, it's using a VPN on one computer. It may cost money though.

Well, it will work with port forwarding as well, if you can port forward 1 comp, you'll be able to play basically anyone.
Back to top Go down
Shaolin_Fists
Killah Mod
Shaolin_Fists

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Rearmed: alive again!   RobotRage Rearmed: alive again! EmptyFri Sep 13, 2019 1:02 am

jork wrote:
Shaolin_Fists wrote:

Well, it will work with port forwarding as well, if you can port forward 1 comp, you'll be able to play basically anyone.

I tried to play against my gf and it didn't work
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Rearmed: alive again!   RobotRage Rearmed: alive again! Empty

Back to top Go down

RobotRage Rearmed: alive again!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next