Robot Rage Survivors Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

robot rage survivors rr2 rearmed

HomeLatest imagesRR ChatRegisterLog in

RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed

Go down 
+15
jork
JLesis
Noobfaces
Miloto
jbab
Mr G W
NoMercI
2D4
DrakenDevelopment
Anonymous1
Kraddy
-Max
Farum
RageTester
digit
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
AuthorMessage
NoMercI
RR Novice
NoMercI

RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed - Page 17 EmptySat Jul 28, 2018 3:46 pm

Dont worry about it. the last 10% of a project may take 90% of the time sometimes. even if you're not able to show any progress. Keep doing your thing
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed - Page 17 EmptySun Jul 29, 2018 9:23 am

Hehe, keep it up, we've been here for years without our game, nothing can make us leave now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://rrlobbychat.com
pionner
Reborn
pionner

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed - Page 17 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2018 12:00 am

Ever wondered how our roof looks like from other roofs?
Spoiler:
Just implemented a freecam that we'll need for some tests (and an open alpha trailer for later this year).

Tomorrow we'll be testing server's ability to put 2 players into one instance. Hope it will work well Smile
Back to top Go down
http://robotrage.pro
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed - Page 17 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2018 12:19 am

Looking good and good luck!
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed - Page 17 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2018 12:45 am

I think you guys are doing an amazing job and any progress at all is way more than I couldve ever expected a few years ago. Thanks for all of your hard work and best of luck on your future developments.
Back to top Go down
pionner
Reborn
pionner

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed - Page 17 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2018 1:58 pm

Update: we have a working lobby now. A lot of minor issues like text not fitting the window, bot rotation logic not attached to the menu (which causes preview bot to just float in the middle oft the screen), but overall functionality is ready.
You are able to enter it, see all the bots that are currently in the lobby and challenge somebody.
Oponent gets notification, he can accept or refuse and the battle starts.

We finally implemented UDP packets handling into the server and the client. Till now, we only operated on TCP, which is more reliable to transfer data, but it takes longer time, because after every packet client has to wait for server to respond with ACK packet ("yup, got it bro!"). UDP doesn't have built-in verification if the packet arrived to the destination, so it doesn't wait for the ACK. We'll use it to update oponent's position in the level (x,z,rot) about 10-20 times per second (we'll have to test which value is the best compromise between the two).

Oponent's bot loads correctly (except paintjob) during the battle.
We also have almost-working oponent position updating during the battle, it currently sends only rotation, however that is easy to fix issue that we'll tacle down during code refactoring, probably this weekend.
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed - Page 17 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2018 8:31 pm

WHAT, IT DOESN'T LOAD THE PJ? MAJOR ISSUE! MAJOR ISSUE!!!!
Jokes aside, can't wait to try it out!
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed - Page 17 EmptySun Aug 19, 2018 8:42 pm

Sounds like you're making good progress! Maybe send the packets once every 5 seconds for that real nostalgic feel Razz
Back to top Go down
JLesis
Sea Scumb
JLesis

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed - Page 17 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2018 10:48 am

This seems to be coming along nicely! Any idea if a playable version comes out before the end of the year?
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed - Page 17 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2018 8:36 pm

digit wrote:
Sounds like you're making good progress! Maybe send the packets once every 5 seconds for that real nostalgic feel Razz
Or a whole minute if you are BAZIGUDINHO.
Back to top Go down
pionner
Reborn
pionner

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed - Page 17 EmptyTue Aug 21, 2018 10:27 pm

So, here is a video of what I told you about before, plus some ambient that we implemented (code, sounds are from interwebs Razz) today.

video:
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed - Page 17 EmptySun Sep 09, 2018 10:23 pm

Amazing work guys! It feels great to see the bots back in action Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pionner
Reborn
pionner

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed - Page 17 EmptySun Sep 09, 2018 10:24 pm

Thanks Very Happy
We are preparing something even better I think, but shh... it's a secret for now, not fully finished yet.
Back to top Go down
pionner
Reborn
pionner

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed - Page 17 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2018 1:29 am

FINALLY!

We finished a major level rework. It was sometimes sad to look at these low resolution textures, hey, it's 2018, we can have some nice textures here!
So, we decided to rework the entire level, changed almost all textures and models to higher quality ones. It took us quite some time, but I think the final effect was worth it.

Hope you'll like it.

Spoiler:

Full gallery here: https://imgur.com/a/AuN3c8e

edit. and a video:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed - Page 17 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2018 8:17 am

It's like when you wake up in the morning, everything seems a bit blurry, then you rub your eyes and be like whoah!
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed - Page 17 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2018 3:49 am

Looks great! You guys just keep exceeding my expectations! Well done
Back to top Go down
-Max
RR Novice
-Max

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed - Page 17 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2018 7:18 am

Loving it, you guys are awesome.
Back to top Go down
JLesis
Sea Scumb
JLesis

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed - Page 17 EmptySun Oct 07, 2018 9:15 pm

Man I wish this was already reality
Back to top Go down
NoMercI
RR Novice
NoMercI

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed - Page 17 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2018 5:22 pm

reeeee i dont like change! Just kidding, new textures really capture the feel of the origina while still keeping it as 2018 as possible. i like it
Back to top Go down
pionner
Reborn
pionner

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed - Page 17 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2018 9:44 pm

Hi all,
We have bad, bad news. When we started this project, we didn't think it will grow so big (codewise) and didn't pay enough attention to code quality. During early development we made some very bad design mistakes that are now constantly disrupting our work. We were aware of these flaws for a long time now and were working around them, thinking that it won't be that big of a problem, building new functionalities as they should be built, but on awfully written core.
So, most of the code is fine and written with MVC in mind (separation of game logic, data and rendering), but the core have to go. Aaaand the problem with the core is that it is well... the core. Everything is connected to it in one way or another, so we can't just replace it, we'll have to write it from scratch and then copy good functions one by one fixing all references and rewriting ones that are flawed.
It will be a lot of work, so we won't be able to release anything this year.
From the bright side, we'll be able to implement things that were simply not possible with old core, such as team battles or CTF (basically anything including more than 2 bots). We'll be able to develop new stuff much faster in the future.

Well, to summarize we want to say that we are sorry, and that we hope you'll still support us in this never-ending journey.

As always, feel free to ask us anything you wish to know.
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed - Page 17 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 9:03 am

Oh man!
Not a big problem at all, at least for me as I'm not coding anything there.
It's great that you've found issues early on and can improve already, all the best!
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed - Page 17 EmptySat Oct 20, 2018 4:08 pm

Thanks for the update! Hopefully this provides a great learning experience for you both and makes the end product all the better.
Just hope we aren't pressuring you guys too much. Take your time and have fun!
Back to top Go down
pionner
Reborn
pionner

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed - Page 17 EmptySat Nov 10, 2018 1:43 am

Quick update.
Some of basic structures of the new core are in place, and already they allow us some things, that were not possible with the old one.

We are now able to refresh the screen during loadings, without any problems, which we used to make original-like progress bar. And while talking about loadings, level is now loaded once, on game start, and not like before before every battle.
So, why that? Because we replaced the panorama in the menu with "real" flyby over the level.

And now the most important thing: we are still preparing build scripts, but when we finish them, we'll be able to seamlessly compile Windows, Android and Linux (no MacOS and iOS for now, but I'll take care of them later) from the same source files (not possible with old core).

Screenshots, notice, that these are from Android emulator, as I just managed to compile new core for Android Very Happy
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed - Page 17 EmptyFri Dec 14, 2018 2:28 pm

whoa! thats great news. I cant wait to get my hands on those build scripts. Will also be interesting to see how this ports over to android.

also, sorry for being away for so long. I have a lot of things going on at work and still have a month or so before things slow down at all. That being said, I hope you guys are staying motivated and keep on surviving!
Back to top Go down
X-Terminator32
V.I.P.

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed - Page 17 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2019 6:18 pm

WOW! I'm really loving the new design looks as well as the features. It's awesome to see that you guys are re-writing the core and putting a lot of coding/design hours into re-making this awesome game. If there are any new updates I'd love to see them.

Last time I checked, I thought it was over when we couldn't re-create the old login database. Awhile back, I got all of the old RR files and put them together but we couldn't get past the login screen and the files were unchangeable because they were DCR's. No one knew how to create a new login database file since we didn't know the values or the structure of how it was created.

Anyways though, please post some new updates if possible. I'll keep following until it's released and then share/play it.
Back to top Go down
http://rrlegacychat.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed
Page 17 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next