Robot Rage Survivors Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

robot rage survivors rr2 rearmed

HomeLatest imagesRR ChatRegisterLog in

RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed

Go down 
+15
jork
JLesis
Noobfaces
Miloto
jbab
Mr G W
NoMercI
2D4
DrakenDevelopment
Anonymous1
Kraddy
-Max
Farum
RageTester
digit
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
pionner
Reborn
pionner

RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed Empty
PostSubject: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed EmptySun Mar 19, 2017 2:59 am

Hi
I want to show you a little project I've been working on for some time with a friend.
We are rebuilding 1:1 original RobotRage 2.

screenshot:

It is very early version, a LOT of things are not working, but we are able and willing to finish it.

We also could use some of your help, we don't remember few details etc.

More about our project, some screenshots and videos are on our website: robotrage.pro (can't post a link)

We would like to know if anyone is interested in playing it.

Also to be clear, we are not associated with Miniclip LTD nor Raketspel AB in any way.

Admin Edit: robotrage.pro
Back to top Go down
http://robotrage.pro
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed EmptySun Mar 19, 2017 7:08 pm

That's awesome! Looks pretty good so far! I'd totally be interested in playing it. Feel free to ask any questions regarding specific details. Best of luck.
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed EmptySun Mar 19, 2017 7:18 pm

Where do you sign for beta test, I mean I played the original for like 7 years, it was a while ago, but pretty sure I can assist with some feedback.
Gotta look up for weapon/chassis/wheels n' stuff description.
Back to top Go down
http://rrlobbychat.com
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed EmptySun Mar 19, 2017 8:24 pm

I also have a question for you guys @pionner
Do you have plans on how you are going to implement online multiplayer? Just curious as I have not found many solutions to this besides having a dedicated server running or using node.js if it is web based (but I assume it is not?)
Back to top Go down
pionner
Reborn
pionner

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed EmptySun Mar 19, 2017 9:46 pm

It is far from beta, so no beta test signups yet. Btw. beta will be open.
I sent an email to Raketspel today asking for permission to make a remake. Hope they'll agree (I don't want to wake up someday to discover a lawsuit in my mailbox).

About multiplayer: that's the goal. There will be online server. I own a machine that is running 24/7 as my personal NAS, it should handle RRR. If not, we'll buy a VPS:)

And no, it's not webbased. It's for Windows PC and probably we'll compile Linux version too.

We are also thinking about AI battles, but it's in far future.

I would open source code, but I can't for 2 reasons: I use a library that I paid for and can't share it's not compiled version, and I want to make creating cheats harder.

Also if for some reason I won't be able/willing to continue project, I will share source, but without needed library- that you will have to buy on your own.

Just to be clear: you need the library to compile the game, not to play it, so game will be FREE.

Any questions? Smile
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed EmptySun Mar 19, 2017 10:10 pm

Just gonna throw this out there, in case you need any of this:
some rr stuff:
Back to top Go down
RageTester
Chat Owner
RageTester

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed EmptySun Mar 19, 2017 10:11 pm

Here are the in-game shop details I was able to recover:
https://bestearn.000webhostapp.com/RRparts.xls
I know you were able to adjust armor/speed ratio and armor was round numbers, whatever I marked red I have doubts about...

Original game had sms and credit card payments for SUPER WEAPON buying, but times change and I suggest accepting crypto like Bitcoin...

Last edited by RageTester on Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed EmptySun Mar 19, 2017 10:23 pm

pionner wrote:
I sent an email to Raketspel

That made me laugh.
If you are not familiar with Raketspel, the only way to reach them is through phone call.
Back to top Go down
pionner
Reborn
pionner

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed EmptySun Mar 19, 2017 11:02 pm

Thanks guys, that xls and models will be useful for us.

@jork thanks for letting me know, I'll have to call them then.

edit. Just got reply from Raketspel. We have permission to continue development as long as it's non-commercial Smile
Back to top Go down
RageTester
Chat Owner
RageTester

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed EmptyMon Mar 20, 2017 7:08 pm

I found some more of my old notes and updated the: https://bestearn.000webhostapp.com/RRparts.xls

Also something didn't fit...

RANKING CLASS = REQUIRED POINTS
- = 0-249
+ = 250-499
++ = 500-999
+++ = 1000-1999
++++ = 2000-3999
+++++ = 4000 and more
Only battles between players of same ranking class (-vs-; +vs+) give points and credits.
Winner gets 10 points + 25% of point difference rounded down or just 10 points if winner had more points than looser.
(LARGEST POINTS - SMALLEST POINTS)/4+10

Selling items 10% cheaper than buy price.
Can have 2 batteries.
You could move slowly by turning without spending energy.
Controls = z,x,c for weapons v for spy camera, b for rear view camera, n,m for zooming spy camera in or out.
Armor-regenerator beats kamikaze bomb, also kamikaze bomb had limited range and wave could be outrun, could survive in other corner of arena.
Flash bombs blinded yourself for 1 second as well...
Cloaking device was useless if you had razor-discs.
The more grip wheels had, the slower battery was spent (no wheelspin I guess).
Rolling pin was a perfect shield against any bashing weapon.
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed EmptyMon Mar 20, 2017 10:26 pm

RageTester wrote:

The more grip wheels had, the slower battery was spent (no wheelspin I guess).
wow, I never realized that. that's pretty cool Smile
Back to top Go down
pionner
Reborn
pionner

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed EmptyTue Mar 21, 2017 2:45 am

That's a lot of data to assimilate, thanks Smile

I think I'll post a "report" from time to time if I have something interesting.

I fixed some models and now working on damages.
screenshot:

How do you like that small bar on the bottom of the screen?
I think it's better option than whole height like in the original, but what do you think?
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed EmptyTue Mar 21, 2017 4:06 am

I think it looks pretty good. Not sure about the padding around the robot name and armour. Seem off center or something...

Glad to see your working on the firepit!
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed EmptyTue Mar 21, 2017 6:49 am

pionner wrote:
Just got reply from Raketspel. We have permission to continue development as long as it's non-commercial Smile

So, that means you won't be able to sell anything, but donations should be fine, no?
Back to top Go down
pionner
Reborn
pionner

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed EmptyTue Mar 21, 2017 12:49 pm

@digit placement is 1:1 copy from a screenshot from original, but I think it's a bit too big. It's offcenter because there were weapons listed under it I think. I'm not too happy with the look of it, but it will work for now, I'll play with it later.

@jork I don't really think so. It's not that I don't like money, it's that I'm not allowed to earn any on this project and I don't want Raketspel to shut it down Wink
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed EmptyTue Mar 21, 2017 3:02 pm

pionner wrote:
@jork I don't really think so. It's not that I don't like money, it's that I'm not allowed to earn any on this project and I don't want Raketspel to shut it down Wink

Oh well, how about contributions then, I can provide some weird sounds for weapons and stuff as original sounds are pretty much gone, pretty sure IGIT can as well. I already have recreated laser (because laser is easy). Will post sounds later when I get home.
Back to top Go down
pionner
Reborn
pionner

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed EmptyTue Mar 21, 2017 4:47 pm

Sounds are one thing I have no idea how to create, so any contribution is welcome Smile
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed EmptyTue Mar 21, 2017 9:29 pm

Here is the laser (can be tweaked in length, pitch or whatever):

The latter sounds are more polished and sound more like the one we had, I've had this patch done, that's why I can post it now, will try more sounds later, would also like to have a priority list, which sounds to make 1st.

Edit: Oh forgot... HEADPHONE USERS BE WARNED, TURN THE VOLUME DOWN!
I didn't use headphones, so forgot to check the levels lol.
Back to top Go down
pionner
Reborn
pionner

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 12:33 am

Thanks.

Meanwhile, take a look at this, I'm proud of myself (that fire effect took me half a day to code) Smile

Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 12:50 am

Pretty sweet, but it keeps burning a lil' longer than it used to once you get out, therefore giving more time to enjoy the view Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RageTester
Chat Owner
RageTester

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 12:59 am

Chassi vs Chassi collisions did 1 damage to each player, guess that was made just for the rare case where both players forget their weapons in garage xD

P.S superb progress!!!
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 1:17 am

Very Happy That fire brought back lots of warm memories! I am very impressed!
Back to top Go down
Farum
Reborn
Farum

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 1:17 am

Hi guys! I'm the second dev, which helps pionner creating game! Very Happy

Besides helping with coding and morale support, my current job is to collect mechanic ideas (for future) like communicating clients with server, how to prevent "players" from cheating, etc.

Any posts with info how "players" cheated are highly welcome!

Last edited by Farum on Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RageTester
Chat Owner
RageTester

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 7:35 am

Nice to meet you Farum.
Old RR had credit bug, which tons of players abused, no real cheating there until it was patched, but someone released old version files you could still play the game from...

Many just used CE (Cheat engine), changed value, armor hack...speed hack to attack enemy b4 fight at his side had even started...

More advanced was WPE Pro(winsock packet editor), used for changing 1 part to another, getting free super weapons, and also you could just record a win and play it back to boost yourself into high scores lol...

The top dawg made a program called ImPoster, which simplified adding wins to your robot and allowed putting custom pictures onto robot... and also one software for paint job transfer from robot to robot.

And probably the wort software made was robot scanner, which meant you can no longer be safe even if you don't enter lobby (bad people used the gained data to reduce Elite player points latter on through ImPoster)...
I have the program myself and also have a full list of all robots(well the ones not deleted by moment of scanning), just imagine this much power...
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 2:38 pm

@Farum, welcome!

I'm not sure how RR's security was as bad as it was. As RageTester mentioned, players could use CE to change values on their end and somehow this value was applied at the "server" end. My theory is that, since RR used P2P connections, each player acted as the server, and as such, there was no true verification going on. The best solution to this problem would be to have actual servers (like Pionner was alluding to) and have every transaction computed there, with the results given to the users after verification. The client should send nothing more than button and key presses. The client could still use CE to change the value on their end, but the server will never know this, and if the client tries to purchase an item with their "new money" it would be rejected because the server knows their true value.

I'm not sure about how the ImPoster or robot scanner worked, but I'm assuming they infiltrated the DB where all the data was put. Maybe dist or jork can provide more information on that... but I think sanitizing and verifying all the information from the client-side should mitigate this problem if I am assuming correctly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed   RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed Empty

Back to top Go down

RobotRage Reborn- remake of RobotRage 2 Rearmed
Page 1 of 18Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next