Robot Rage Survivors Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

robot rage survivors rr2 rearmed

HomeLatest imagesRR ChatRegisterLog in

POST YOUR DESKTOP :)

Go down 
+11
Shaolin_Fists
NoMercI
jork
BEASTY
RageTester
MackAO
Noobface
TheHat
moonmasher
digit
Carl
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
TheHat
H€®Ø
TheHat

POST YOUR DESKTOP :) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: POST YOUR DESKTOP :)   POST YOUR DESKTOP :) - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 10:22 pm

Where it says "Link?"
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: POST YOUR DESKTOP :)   POST YOUR DESKTOP :) - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 10:25 pm

I am looking for the link to the dark soft - software - theme not the small piece that's
on display there
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: POST YOUR DESKTOP :)   POST YOUR DESKTOP :) - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 10:27 pm

Well... there are some technological technicalities that, if not done right, may cause your computer to not start properly. But if you know how to do it then here is the link Dark Soft
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: POST YOUR DESKTOP :)   POST YOUR DESKTOP :) - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 10:51 pm

Thanks Smile

I may wanna be carefull then .. so does this software turn all the windows and everything dark ? that would be awesome ! the light always hurts my eyes, (being a natural bat) even in the lowest settings. Is there something like a manual on how to install it or should I just take the risk ?

Btw, something totally unrelated, my father bought my mom a new laptop today, so she has a laptop that is three times faster than my current machine Smile I feel the urge to buy a new one also but I don't want to spend my money on something that is "allmost" what I want.
My wishlist:

- i7 processor
- 6 gb RAM or more
- DDR3 or above
- videocard with 2gb mem or higher
- 17 inch screen
- silent fan !
- multicolor LED backlit keyboard !
- lots of usb ports
- good price

Things that do not matter:

- how heavy it is
- how long the batteries last
- fancy looks, I like it plain
- wireless connectivity
- a webcam
- signed by MJ
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: POST YOUR DESKTOP :)   POST YOUR DESKTOP :) - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 11:07 pm

I think this might help, not sure... didn't watch the whole vid...
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
TheHat
H€®Ø
TheHat

PostSubject: Re: POST YOUR DESKTOP :)   POST YOUR DESKTOP :) - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 12:47 am

@2D4, Why would you get a laptop then? Desktops are usually about half the price and most of the things in your "dont matter" list are what most people say are bad about desktops. Not portable and you said you dont care about weight. My desktop was 1200$ for monitor and CPU, (21" LED monitor, 6GB ram, Intel i7)
Fans on desktops are silent. You can buy lightup keyboards for GOOD prices, instead of paying 200$ extra on a laptop.

Ehn, but it does depend what you are using it for! Im just assuming gaming! If so desktops are better for a lower price! Mine can run NFSW on high graphics with very minimal lag! A laptop for 1200$ would probably be pretty bad, (Alienware 11" for 1500$ that my friend got has silent fan and lightup keyboard but the computer itself is absolute shit!)

I would recomend a desktop, incase I didnt say that earlier (lol)
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: POST YOUR DESKTOP :)   POST YOUR DESKTOP :) - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 1:13 am

Thanks for the advice but I really love laptops, they feel subtle and I love the compactness and everything about it, so that choice has allready been made. I want to suggest that for 1200$ I can get a laptop with the same specs u have. In fact in the local store is an offer for an asus with i7, 2.4 cores DDR3 750GB 7200rpm a videocard with 2Gb (or 1 I beg to differ) and 6GB Ram. This is a 17.3 inch. It just does not have the keyboard Sad and I wasn't too impressed by the looks. This one costs €699 wich is 900 dollar?
Back to top Go down
TheHat
H€®Ø
TheHat

PostSubject: Re: POST YOUR DESKTOP :)   POST YOUR DESKTOP :) - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 2:20 am

Check its "Rating".

Processor=7.5
RAM=7.7
Graphics=7.0
"Gaming Graphics" (3D)=7.0
Primary hard disk=5.9

Scores are 1-7.9, so mostly 7's are BADASS.

Very Happy

Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: POST YOUR DESKTOP :)   POST YOUR DESKTOP :) - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 2:41 am

Hmm how can I find their ratings ? Not all i7's are the same. I looked up the benchmarks of the processor, it was a 6.3 on a scale leading up to ten, the meanest clockers being a 9.something and the videocard was pretty much a 2 and not worthy of a gamer but at least it had a gb of memory. After seeing some youtbe video's I would say this set would score a 4.7 on the windows index
Back to top Go down
Carl
RR Pro
Carl

PostSubject: Re: POST YOUR DESKTOP :)   POST YOUR DESKTOP :) - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 5:43 am

UP•DAWG wrote:
Ah! Why it is one that I made myself Smile (it has almost 4000 downloads affraid )
Here is the link
Here is a background I made as well Ta-da!

Thanks! I tried changing the start orb that comes with Dark Soft to yours using the Windows 7 Start Orb Changer, but it gave me the following error (I did run as admin):

POST YOUR DESKTOP :) - Page 4 64438448

EDIT: I replaced Dark Soft's explorer.exe with the original explorer.exe while leaving the rest of the system files in place, this allowed me to change the start orb. Will using the original explorer instead of the new one have any side effects? Is there another way to do this?
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: POST YOUR DESKTOP :)   POST YOUR DESKTOP :) - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 7:55 pm

Using the original explorer would cause some stuff to not show up that would match the dark soft theme such as the forward and back buttons, refresh button, and more while using the explorer. As far as functionality, I think it should run smoothly.

TRY THIS FIRST Maybe another problem is that you don't have the latest start orb changer that can be found here which supports .PNGs as well as .BMPs
Back to top Go down
Carl
RR Pro
Carl

PostSubject: Re: POST YOUR DESKTOP :)   POST YOUR DESKTOP :) - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 9:51 pm

UP•DAWG wrote:
Using the original explorer would cause some stuff to not show up that would match the dark soft theme such as the forward and back buttons, refresh button, and more while using the explorer. As far as functionality, I think it should run smoothly.

TRY THIS FIRST Maybe another problem is that you don't have the latest start orb changer that can be found here which supports .PNGs as well as .BMPs

I used that version. It seems like something is wrong with the permissions, even though I did run it as admin.
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: POST YOUR DESKTOP :)   POST YOUR DESKTOP :) - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 9:54 pm

I assume you have the UAC disabled?
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: POST YOUR DESKTOP :)   POST YOUR DESKTOP :) - Page 4 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 4:57 pm

Anyways... here is my newest one...
Spoiler:
BTW the note thing was for my sister XD
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: POST YOUR DESKTOP :)   POST YOUR DESKTOP :) - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 7:40 am

Desktop I am looking at when I close this window

POST YOUR DESKTOP :) - Page 4 BhEAql

POST YOUR DESKTOP :) - Page 4 4aFtkl
Back to top Go down
RageTester
Chat Owner
RageTester

PostSubject: Re: POST YOUR DESKTOP :)   POST YOUR DESKTOP :) - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 2:02 am

Tried to remove as much as I can from the desktop, well here's my latest creation Twisted Evil
Spoiler:
Also I see same ship image while my computer starts and during user logon, thanks to this tool called LogonStudio...
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: POST YOUR DESKTOP :)   POST YOUR DESKTOP :) - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 2:53 am

Sweet desktop man Smile
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: POST YOUR DESKTOP :)   POST YOUR DESKTOP :) - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 3:48 am

Kewl Dist... I also have a background changer for the logons and such. I would edit it even more but I share this computer with the rest of my family and they would not like it... lol

anyways here is my current one... not sure if i showed this to you before...
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: POST YOUR DESKTOP :)   POST YOUR DESKTOP :) - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 6:39 am

Made it myself again

POST YOUR DESKTOP :) - Page 4 YdhKjl
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: POST YOUR DESKTOP :)   POST YOUR DESKTOP :) - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 8:45 pm

2 Shortcuts for Internet Explorer...
2 Shortcuts for Mozilla Firefox...
2 Shortcuts for painting programs (Paint.net should be the only one XD)
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: POST YOUR DESKTOP :)   POST YOUR DESKTOP :) - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 10:12 pm

LoL

I can explain ..

I often do too many things at once, so then when I need paint (paint.net takes too long to load on my laptop, I am not a very patient person) or I need either of the browsers, there is always one that is not covered by some screen. As you can see they are strategically positioned
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: POST YOUR DESKTOP :)   POST YOUR DESKTOP :) - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 11:29 pm

lol, or you could just pin them to the taskbar and they would be visible at all times...
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: POST YOUR DESKTOP :)   POST YOUR DESKTOP :) - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 12:08 am

hmmmm

I might try that, but I fear I will mix them up with the other open windows on the taskbar
Back to top Go down
TheHat
H€®Ø
TheHat

PostSubject: Re: POST YOUR DESKTOP :)   POST YOUR DESKTOP :) - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 5:57 pm

POST YOUR DESKTOP :) - Page 4 Deskto10
Here is my clutter. Yeah, it's bad I know. Picture was taken by me, it's Hadrian's wall.
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: POST YOUR DESKTOP :)   POST YOUR DESKTOP :) - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 6:45 pm

Looks delicious.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: POST YOUR DESKTOP :)   POST YOUR DESKTOP :) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

POST YOUR DESKTOP :)
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next