Robot Rage Survivors Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

robot rage survivors rr2 rearmed

HomeLatest imagesRR ChatRegisterLog in

Destructo Bots Suggestions

Go down 
+11
TRON
alw98
TheBot
jork
TRC
Shaolin_Fists
DrakenDevelopment
2D4
spektral
digit
-Max
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
DrakenDevelopment
RR Minus
DrakenDevelopment

Destructo Bots Suggestions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destructo Bots Suggestions   Destructo Bots Suggestions - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 8:08 am

TheBot wrote:
Two small things about the paintshop:

It'd be nice to be able to speed up or slow down (or stop) the spinning Bot on the right that shows what it actually looks like.

I'd love a thinner option for the brushes.

Drag with Right mouse button to stop spinning.
Back to top Go down
http://drakendev.com/
TheBot
Lowest Of Low
TheBot

PostSubject: Re: Destructo Bots Suggestions   Destructo Bots Suggestions - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 3:15 pm

DrakenDevelopment wrote:
TheBot wrote:
Two small things about the paintshop:

It'd be nice to be able to speed up or slow down (or stop) the spinning Bot on the right that shows what it actually looks like.

I'd love a thinner option for the brushes.

Drag with Right mouse button to stop spinning.

Oh nice! Didn't see that.

Just thought of something else, being able to zoom in on your bot.

Oh and you'll need to change the Kamikaze Bombs LOL. Instant double KO even if the other bot is on the other side of the map XD They'd be a lot better if there was a small incentive to force a tie such as 10-ish credits when there's no winner, but a MUCH smaller and/or weaker blast. Otherwise they just get used for griefing.

Edit:
Laser is way overpowered in my opinion. Should probably make it a short range weapon. (and maybe make it and the armor regenerator use more energy)

Descriptions on shop items (not really important though)

Any way to self detonate the micro bot?

Spear gun seems glitchy when you ram people with it (it consistently sent me, and sometimes the bot, flying a good distance away). Actually this might just happen when you ram people at high speed I'm not sure.

For some reason the bot keeps spinning again as soon as I draw a single line...
Back to top Go down
alw98
Sea Scumb
alw98

PostSubject: Re: Destructo Bots Suggestions   Destructo Bots Suggestions - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 2:07 am

Make driving like RR, and this is what i mean by that: add acceleration. That means whenever you make a hard turn you powerslide. I remember doing that in the good old days :L

PS: Not sure if speed or velocity or acceleration, but whichever one is speed and direction. Ya know.
Back to top Go down
DrakenDevelopment
RR Minus
DrakenDevelopment

PostSubject: Re: Destructo Bots Suggestions   Destructo Bots Suggestions - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 2:56 am

alw98 wrote:
Make driving like RR, and this is what i mean by that: add acceleration. That means whenever you make a hard turn you powerslide. I remember doing that in the good old days :L

PS: Not sure if speed or velocity or acceleration, but whichever one is speed and direction. Ya know.
Personally, I didn't really that that. That's why DB has fixed wheels. I'm open for your opinions on whether I should try and replicate it, but not based on nostalgia of making it like that for the sake of it.

I think all I'd need to do is lower sideways friction.
Back to top Go down
TRON
RR Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Destructo Bots Suggestions   Destructo Bots Suggestions - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 6:00 pm

A lobby where you can see whos online, and challenge them, like RR had.
Back to top Go down
TRON
RR Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Destructo Bots Suggestions   Destructo Bots Suggestions - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 6:00 pm

make it browser based also, if possible
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: Destructo Bots Suggestions   Destructo Bots Suggestions - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 3:58 am

Assign different keys to weapons (make it customizable?)

Settings accessible in battle

Spek Mods Razz
Back to top Go down
DrakenDevelopment
RR Minus
DrakenDevelopment

PostSubject: Re: Destructo Bots Suggestions   Destructo Bots Suggestions - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 7:53 am

iN GOD I TRUSTâ„¢ wrote:
Assign different keys to weapons (make it customizable?)

Settings accessible in battle

Spek Mods Razz

Spek?
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: Destructo Bots Suggestions   Destructo Bots Suggestions - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 3:54 pm

Spektral
Back to top Go down
DrakenDevelopment
RR Minus
DrakenDevelopment

PostSubject: Re: Destructo Bots Suggestions   Destructo Bots Suggestions - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 12:00 am

iN GOD I TRUSTâ„¢ wrote:
Spektral
Still not following
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: Destructo Bots Suggestions   Destructo Bots Suggestions - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 12:13 am

Have the arena with Spektral's design. clown

Last edited by iN GOD I TRUSTâ„¢ on Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TRON
RR Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Destructo Bots Suggestions   Destructo Bots Suggestions - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 1:10 pm

make it browser based
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: Destructo Bots Suggestions   Destructo Bots Suggestions - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 5:02 pm

Well... this game was supposed to be an iphone app. It's easy to forget that since it plays so well on the computer but I'm not sure it would be worth hosting it browser based if its main market isn't going to be computer based.
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: Destructo Bots Suggestions   Destructo Bots Suggestions - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 11:49 pm

The maker should consider adding revenue by placing adds in the game, this will only make the game look more cool , some billboards, free items or advantages fpr people who choose to place an add on the bot as a paint. Robot models that have brand names etc. To have this work you should make it into a pc game
Back to top Go down
TRON
RR Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Destructo Bots Suggestions   Destructo Bots Suggestions - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 10:10 am

the game is made in unity, so you can make it browser based right?
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: Destructo Bots Suggestions   Destructo Bots Suggestions - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 4:59 pm

Yes, RR3 is made in unity and it is hosted on Miniclip. But I think if you want a good host then it would cost some big sum of cash. I'm not really sure if this is the case, I may be wrong.
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: Destructo Bots Suggestions   Destructo Bots Suggestions - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 12:07 am

Unity is not the best thing since adam left paradise .. my firefox keeps crashing with Unity , like 20 times per hour and I can't even load RR3 in IE, impossible
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: Destructo Bots Suggestions   Destructo Bots Suggestions - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 3:51 am

Chrome...
Back to top Go down
TRON
RR Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Destructo Bots Suggestions   Destructo Bots Suggestions - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 1:44 pm

destructo bots is also made in unity so it can be hosted on browser
Back to top Go down
DrakenDevelopment
RR Minus
DrakenDevelopment

PostSubject: Re: Destructo Bots Suggestions   Destructo Bots Suggestions - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 1:31 am

DrakenDevelopment wrote:
I already have hosting with unlimited data, the only limit I have is on the amount of server communications per second. I'll look into the browser based client and see if all the features I need are compatible.
I've been working on bluetooth connectivity for devices as of late, and am contemplating whether or not I should create a lobby. It would probably make players feel more connected I suppose and more of a community. Just it's quite a bit of work. I'll look into it more.
I posted this in the other topic, but it probably needs to be here too.
DestructoBots has ads in the iPhone version, and on a web based version I would have a banner ad either above or below the game. I'll see if a browser based version is quick enough to load and what the initial download size is.
Back to top Go down
DrakenDevelopment
RR Minus
DrakenDevelopment

PostSubject: Re: Destructo Bots Suggestions   Destructo Bots Suggestions - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 1:32 am

What are peoples opinions of the new arena?
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: Destructo Bots Suggestions   Destructo Bots Suggestions - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 7:31 pm

Dere iz neuw arener?
Back to top Go down
DrakenDevelopment
RR Minus
DrakenDevelopment

PostSubject: Re: Destructo Bots Suggestions   Destructo Bots Suggestions - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 12:47 am

iN GOD I TRUSTâ„¢ wrote:
Dere iz neuw arener?
Yeah, the new theme.

I've got another idea for the game. In most games a crate will appear in the middle of the arena with a random outcome for the contents: either credits, a damaging explosion or disable pulse, or free weapons.
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: Destructo Bots Suggestions   Destructo Bots Suggestions - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 7:20 pm

Eh... I don't really like that. Puts more stress on luck then on strategy
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: Destructo Bots Suggestions   Destructo Bots Suggestions - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 12:23 am

Try to make it less neat and more tarnished ? I do like the apocalyptic look of the other RR
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Destructo Bots Suggestions   Destructo Bots Suggestions - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Destructo Bots Suggestions
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next