Robot Rage Survivors Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

robot rage survivors rr2 rearmed

HomeLatest imagesRR ChatRegisterLog in

IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here

Go down 
+7
Carl
Noobface
TRC
jork
digit
TheHat
2D4
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here - Page 7 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 11:45 pm

Have you checked her other paints ? they are on the website below the blue text and in order of age. I wonder why you make this about you updawg ? I am posting something about akiane, who is considdered a child genius, and not indirectly saying anything about you or your drawing abilities. I could say the same .. I have been drawing a lot as a child and even went to art school, it's just another story of someones life.

I disagree about the perspective, it seems exactly right to me, the cross is large but it 's not close, hence the dolphin is smaller than the others,the large dolphins are above the large rocks in the forefront, not above the cross, it all makes sense. It takes skill to paint light refecting in water, or transparent things like glass at this age it's close to a miracle. I read her book - we have it where i work - and in fact she was also brought up in a very poor family, so it's not that she was some snotty girl who had everything she wanted. Thanks for the kind reply ! Smile
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here - Page 7 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 11:54 pm

I was just telling you why i was not impressed...

I'd go on but it would only cause trouble and we are not really talking about the main focus which was if she was inspired by God or not.
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 12:20 am

That's true Smile

That was the Topic. Maybe it is a stretch since most people first ask the question: does God even exist ? in one way or another. All I can say is, I get like a special feeling when I look at some of her images. A clean, fresh feeling, like a pleasant long walk in a forrest. I know some about art and especially some about poetry because I write myself and love words and the poetry she wrote is allmost even more impressive than her paints, maybe I am reaching .. but it feels to me like something devine touched it.

The Infinity Of Beginning

The fog dew
is the reflection of my glance.
Tears are already
my second life . . .

Yet I still fear
to live a life
that has already lived
in the eyes of the future.

In defense chasing nature
is a victory of delusion—
Floating feathers of a hymn
are footsteps to the voice.

The choir on a dewy folded leaf—
I wither at once
and vanish
in the immortality of the finish line . . .

The Flame Of The Time

The scars are opened
to smell the wounds.
The stain—on wood.
The lumps—in light.

Limping through the fire of visions
it is too late to change the laws.
It is too soon to awaken destiny.
Grace slips by evolving into a crown.

Surprising rise of uncountable force
seeks angelic loyalty.
Quieting predators' fury is like passing
through a throbbing gangrene.

Unimaginable is the pain,
the flame of time.
Unexplainable is the healing.
Unanswerable is the judgment.
Back to top Go down
TheHat
H€®Ø
TheHat

PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 12:44 am

May I quote this, and show my thinking process?

The Flame Of The Time

The scars are opened (How?)
to smell the wounds.
The stain—on wood.
The lumps—in light. (Why?)

Limping through the fire of visions
it is too late to change the laws. (Why not?)
It is too soon to awaken destiny. (Why not?)
Grace slips by evolving into a crown.

Surprising rise of uncountable force
seeks angelic loyalty.
Quieting predators' fury is like passing
through a throbbing gangrene.

(Sidenote, replace angelic with satanic and it sounds really Opposite-of-christian)

Unimaginable is the pain,
the flame of time. (Of what?)
Unexplainable is the healing. (But it is explained)
Unanswerable is the judgment. (But it is...)

Here is what I take of this
(The scars are opened) From what? Im going to guess this is someone who has sinned and is going to hell, because later in the poem she states *Unimaginable is the pain*

(it is too late to change the laws. It is too soon to awaken destiny.) Why cant you change the laws? Some laws are stupid and have been changed. Why cant we meet our destiny, whatever it is, right now? She is saying some foolish things...

(Unimaginable is the pain,
the flame of time.)Answered above, of hell

(Unexplainable is the healing.)Doctors can cure diesiese that were once fatal, and we have the science and knowledge to do so.
(Unanswerable is the judgment.) Im not doing a whole unit on prediction if you say that, girl >Sad

Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 1:23 am

If you are only in your mental mind (and you are) than the meaning evades you
completely .. it is poetry, it's truth is like the scent of an orchid .. subtle , it is not a recipe
or technical manual. Your notes are funny but I dont think they make a lot of sense (to me)
No offense..

If you ask me what this poem is about ? well it shows a tiny part of things hidden and the future of the earth. The earth now, wounded and crippled, the time of reconing, that has not yet come and the time to change the consequences of past events, (that has passed, so it's no longer possible to change it). It is a description of the point we are as a planet and the deep impact of things to come.
Back to top Go down
TheHat
H€®Ø
TheHat

PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 1:31 am

Hmm, yeah. That way makes sense too.

By the way, when you asked "does go exist" I say for most people he exists, including me. Except his name isnt god, its Science. (& chocolate milk)
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 1:36 am

This really made me think .. I mean I am not the expert .. it is a feeling I get when I read that
poem but it's actually pretty hard to describe what it means in words.

*Another thing came to my mind

The flame of time, flame meaning light> exposing things/bringing things to light, the same way
time does ! So, time and fire are the same thing here as we can also see in the title, The flame
of time, a flame something passing , time also something that goes by. As this flame of time
lights up it exposes wrongs and bad things and gets devine assistence in it's task to "clear" it up
and heal/burn/do away with things that linger from the past or stand in the way of a new earth
with more grace and peace. This hurts big time but everything heals miraculously and the change
is irreversable.
Back to top Go down
Carl
RR Pro
Carl

PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 7:16 am

TheHat wrote:
This is the same concept as Joan of Arc. Sent by god to do something. Ehn, nope. EVERYTHING is can be proved right/wrong by science. (in my opinion)

Point-blank wrong and self-refuting.

TheHat wrote:
Im glad that I wasnt born into a deeply religious family because you seem kind of obssesed with the ideas that other random people feed you. Is it posible to to take 2 of every animal on a boat? Well, it is now with a huge cargo ship, but was it when noah's ark took/takes place? Why would anyone believe that? Its brainwashing, and its working.

I can call anything you say 'brainwashing,' TheHat, but that doesn't it true.

TheHat wrote:
Hmm, yeah. That way makes sense too.

By the way, when you asked "does go exist" I say for most people he exists, including me.

That makes no sense whatsoever. You can't say something exists for some people but not for others. Things either exist or they don't, plain and simple. Do you see people going around saying things like "New York exists for you or not for me" or "Apples exist for you but not for me"?

TheHat wrote:
Except his name isnt god, its Science. (& chocolate milk)

Science is not a god, but the scientific evidence does show us that there is a God, the God of monotheism.
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 7:29 pm

(Quote and video from Hat)
Spoiler:

I don't get it, you say anything can be explained by science and then you illustrate this with
a video that makes the opposite point.

I have to agree with Carl for the most part and there are many things that cannot be proven
by science. For the most part science is the art of "safely assuming" anyway. If you have proven
that something exists or works a certain way, you still have not proven that God didn't create
it that way !. I have to say how ever, that The existence of God can also not be proven this
way. I guess, - like science does a lot of the time - , we have to assume he exists from what
we see around us, or not .. depending on what seems to make more sense in our own frame
of mind.

It is very important and self evident that everyone has, or must take the
responsibility to allow another person to see things his way and not to
judge someone for this reason - many bloody wars have been fought
for this reason -

Matthew

XIV. 7:1 JUDGE not, that you be not judged.
7:2 For with the judgment that you judge, you shall be judged; and with the
measure that you mete, it shall be measured to you.
7:3 But why dost thou look at the rod that is in thy brother's eye, while the
rafter that is in thine own eye thou dost not consider?
7:4 Or how sayest thou to thy brother, Permit that I draw forth the rod from
thine eye, and, behold, there is a rafter in thine own eye ?
7:5 Hypocrite ! draw forth first the rafter from thine own eye, and then thou
wilt see to draw forth the rod from thy brother's eye

Surprising that this part is never quoted that much by people. They do
not like to look at their own faults I guess, it's always more pleasurable
and convenient to point out someone else his mistakes. (not adressing
anyone specific here) Matthew is profound. I am going to read it little
by little

Last edited by 2D4 on Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 8:19 pm

@2D4 carl posted that video which probably explains why it opposes Hat's idea... 2D4... PAY ATTENTION!!!!! bounce
Back to top Go down
TheHat
H€®Ø
TheHat

PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 8:47 pm

People that have "faiths" view
Cool story > Logic

that is all.
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 11:18 pm

UP•DAWG wrote:
@2D4 carl posted that video which probably explains why it opposes Hat's idea... 2D4... PAY ATTENTION!!!!! bounce

Okay Smile I guess i thought it was a part of the quote of hat's message .. it happens. The rest of
my message stands !
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 1:50 pm

" To be able to lie, you have to have a certain degree of competence, you have to know
what truth is. " Chomsky in Understanding Power.

This seemed significant, it also rings true for me.A way to prevent myself from getting upset about what people say when ever it becomes clear to me that I, or any other person just doesn't get it.
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 1:31 am

What is truth? What a Face
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 6:09 pm

Are you asking this to make the point that truth does not exist ? If so, then I can ask, what is lie ? You will have to say: A lie is something that is not true .. but you have failed to define or rather have denied the existence of "truth" so your hands and empty, there will be nothing left, no truth and no lies. You could conveniently claim to be a "buddha" that doesn't label and judge things and has no need for these distinctions but would that in fact be true ? Smile)) So as you can see now, lies only exist by the grace of truth. If there was nothing true, there would be nothing deceitful either. The opposite is not true I think. Truth does very well without lies, It actually prospers quite handsomely without falseness and trickery. This leads (me) to the conclusion that truth is the only thing that really exists, being independent of it's counterpart (and that lies only rely on appearance and therefore vanish when exposed)

I hope my answer satisfies you
Back to top Go down
Carl
RR Pro
Carl

PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 12:02 am

TheHat wrote:
People that have "faiths" view
Cool story > Logic

that is all.

What exactly is that supposed to mean?
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 12:45 am

It's supposed to mean that he believes the Bible is a bunch of stories that lack logic in any sense and that's why people like to believe it rather then science. (BTW I couldn't disagree more...)
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 1:25 am

I agree with you on the bible but I do have a remark. I am reading some
(really awesome) apocryphic writings, in most cases dating even earlier than
the "official" bible texts. It becomes clear to me they were banned from
the bible with malicious intent. One text describes god instructing about the
all the texts and wich should be kept secret. The bible as we know it is a
selection made by man and goes against devine will, it's a sin really.

If you want to be amazed read second esdras - also called esdras 4 - It tells
us what God had in mind with scripture and things you never heard about the
end days. It is 16 chapters but it's worth it. Who or what is the 3 headed eagle
described ?
Back to top Go down
TheHat
H€®Ø
TheHat

PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 2:13 am

UP•DAWG wrote:
It's supposed to mean that he believes the Bible is a bunch of stories that lack logic in any sense and that's why people like to believe it rather then science. (BTW I couldn't disagree more...)

lol at least you think xD
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 7:05 pm

2D4 wrote:
I agree with you on the bible but I do have a remark. I am reading some
(really awesome) apocryphic writings, in most cases dating even earlier than
the "official" bible texts. It becomes clear to me they were banned from
the bible with malicious intent. One text describes god instructing about the
all the texts and wich should be kept secret. The bible as we know it is a
selection made by man and goes against devine will, it's a sin really.

If you want to be amazed read second esdras - also called esdras 4 - It tells
us what God had in mind with scripture and things you never heard about the
end days. It is 16 chapters but it's worth it. Who or what is the 3 headed eagle
described ?
Is it available online, if so could you share a link... yes i know what google is but im too lazy...
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 8:08 pm

Yes sir Smile The other two links are a guy I just found on youtube
who has a lot of this stuff posted and great insight too. The other
is the free nag hamadi library.

http://www.riseisrael.com/Revision1Apocrypha.pdf

https://www.youtube.com/user/Apocryphile1970
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/nhlalpha.html

From a random website:

" The Old Testament Apocrypha covers a broad range of subjects and represents different varieties of literary form. For purposes of convenience they may be classified under the following division:

1. Historical - I Esdras, I and II Maccabees.

2. Legendary - Tobit, Judith, Additions to Esther, Additions to Daniel (Prayer of Azariah and Song of the Three Young Men, Susanna, and Bel and the Dragon).

3. Prophetic - Baruch, Letter of Jeremiah, Prayer of Manasseh, II Esdras.

4. Ethical - Ecclesiasticus, Wisdom of Solomon. "
Back to top Go down
TheHat
H€®Ø
TheHat

PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 3:53 am

Im sorry, but this is how I picture religion. No one can change it.
https://twitter.com/#!/dearshirley
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 4:23 am

amusing stuff ..

Notice how the first one is called quetzcoatl wich is the mayan serpent god of destruction
(that some say is the evil adversary to come at one point) Miss phelps roper seems to be in a relgious frenzy and later the rest of her family happily joins in the fun .. amazing. I could not make sense of what ever her brain was trying to say. This is a good example of the state religion is in NOW in some cases but it is doubtfull to say this is religion.

For those interested, this is the latest clip I watched and I had to relisten many parts to
fully absorb the meaning. It was profound to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhuC_JkcKIg&feature=digest_fri
Back to top Go down
Carl
RR Pro
Carl

PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 8:41 am

TheHat wrote:
Im sorry, but this is how I picture religion. No one can change it.
https://twitter.com/#!/dearshirley

Then you are a prejudiced bigot, just like they are. Harsh, but it's the right definition.
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 7:39 pm

I believe the correct term is atheist... lol, but pretty much the same thing in most cases. (i'm just kidding don't take it seriously... O_o)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here
Page 7 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 18  Next