Robot Rage Survivors Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

robot rage survivors rr2 rearmed

HomeLatest imagesRR ChatRegisterLog in

Robot Rage Revivors

Go down 
+3
Grevious437
2D4
digit
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
digit
Add mint
digit

Robot Rage Revivors Empty
PostSubject: Robot Rage Revivors   Robot Rage Revivors EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 5:27 am

Hey guys, so today I was feeling quite nostalgic about robot rage and even more so about the good times we used to have together. I think it's time to accept the fact that the robot rage we all knew and loved isn't going to come back anytime soon but I'd still love to be able to have some sort of fellowship together. I'd love to see this forum get more active and if you have any ideas whatsoever, feel free to post them bellow.

I've been looking through the forum and some of the topics that caught my eye for revival where the play by script and superpowers in dreams. I want to try to bring back play by script pretty much as it was. I know this probably won't explode with popularity very quickly, but hopefully it can bring a little more life into these desolate forums.
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

PostSubject: Re: Robot Rage Revivors   Robot Rage Revivors EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 6:09 pm

Looking at the "online in last 24h list" it's pretty much just us 2 and 2D4 appearing once a week or so, and random guests from time to time,, but who knows, maybe this will catch someone's attention.
Back to top Go down
http://rrlobbychat.com
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: Robot Rage Revivors   Robot Rage Revivors EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 8:44 pm

Yeah, I noticed that as well. If you have some ideas please let me know.
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: Robot Rage Revivors   Robot Rage Revivors EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 2:24 am

We all feel what u mean .. and I will be checking in from time to time, for sure. I do seem to remember I also wrote a play by script part .. but I can't seem to find it. I think what we could do is share anything we find worth sharing in the many various topics this forum has
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: Robot Rage Revivors   Robot Rage Revivors EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 4:56 am

Yes, that seems like a good idea. That's kind of what I had in mind for 'worth a mention' but that didn't really get going very long.
Back to top Go down
Grevious437
Lowest Of Low

PostSubject: Re: Robot Rage Revivors   Robot Rage Revivors EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 2:48 am

I'll be honest, the new Robot Rage will never be the same. i would love to play the game again, but i just dont know how i can contribute to making the forum grow... I just began here on this forum, i used to play this when i was younger, and im now saddened by the fact it went down  Sad
Back to top Go down
X-Terminator32
V.I.P.

PostSubject: Re: Robot Rage Revivors   Robot Rage Revivors EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 4:23 pm

You know.. money talks! If we had enough money, i'm sure if we called racketspel and arranged a payment of a sum of money in exchange for them to either re-create or re-up robot rage they would do it. Money is the key to everything.. you could even pay professional developers to re-make the game almost exactly the same as it once was. Anything is possible, but all we're doing is reaching out with words and we need more than words! We need physical action! I'm more than ready to donate a few hundred dollars from time to time to save up for this game! It would be more than worth it in the long run.
Back to top Go down
http://rrlegacychat.com
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: Robot Rage Revivors   Robot Rage Revivors EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 7:12 pm

I agree with both previous posts (don't know how I missed your post earlier, Grevious). I would also be willing to donate a couple hundred if it would mean getting RR back. I think we mentioned this before, maybe I'll search the forum and find the exact thread and post the link here.
Back to top Go down
Shaolin_Fists
Killah Mod
Shaolin_Fists

PostSubject: Re: Robot Rage Revivors   Robot Rage Revivors EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 12:37 pm

oh yes, the dream lives on. the dream that I will never give up on... X-term can we make another call?
Back to top Go down
X-Terminator32
V.I.P.

PostSubject: Re: Robot Rage Revivors   Robot Rage Revivors EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 3:29 pm

what do you mean by another call? As in, call them and see?
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: Robot Rage Revivors   Robot Rage Revivors EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 6:52 pm

Hmm... not sure who or what he is referring to either. However, I found the other topic which does not prove as educational as I previously though it would be. Here it is nonetheless... The poll.
Back to top Go down
Shaolin_Fists
Killah Mod
Shaolin_Fists

PostSubject: Re: Robot Rage Revivors   Robot Rage Revivors EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 6:44 am

yes to call raketspell.. remember last year(or the year before)? there was a lot of hype about a 2nd call Razz

Back to top Go down
X-Terminator32
V.I.P.

PostSubject: Re: Robot Rage Revivors   Robot Rage Revivors EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 1:10 pm

I mean we could... the last time i called they said that it would cost more money to bring the old game up than it would be to make a new one. They also said that the software they used to edit/make it was outdated and they used newer programs. So I didn't really push anywhere else with him, but I could call again and see what i get this time.
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: Robot Rage Revivors   Robot Rage Revivors EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 9:52 pm

If it actually would cost less to make a remake, it would be amazing to have a replica of RR2 with newer technology and fewer glitches.
Back to top Go down
Shaolin_Fists
Killah Mod
Shaolin_Fists

PostSubject: Re: Robot Rage Revivors   Robot Rage Revivors EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 11:09 am

Would be nice to get a quote, and then see if we can invest in making one. Id be willing to be a backer in the project and im sure many others would
Back to top Go down
X-Terminator32
V.I.P.

PostSubject: Re: Robot Rage Revivors   Robot Rage Revivors EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 4:25 pm

So, I literally have just gotten off the phone with Raketspel with some great news! I talked to the guy about bringing back the old game and running the old servers again and sadly he said it wouldn't be possible due to a glitch in older browsers that it possible to play via P2P (Peer to Peer). He said it wasn't the way that it was supposed to be coded, but it worked so they allowed it to run that way. The old game was just designed for the way things ran in the past and can't really be updated being that the game code is too old. However, I asked him about funding for them to make a new Robot Rage and he seemed optimistic about it and said he would love to have him and his team re-create a new version. He said miniclip really missed the 'point' of the game when they remade their own crappy version of it. So the rest of the conversation went good and he said that he would talk to his team about making a new version and how much it would cost (since I told him that I would fund them for it) and he asked for my email so we could make contact and told me that he would get back to me soon with information about working on this new project! So hopefully I'll hear back from them soon and we can see about getting this awesome game remade and back! Smile

Hope this gives everyone a little bit of hope that there's definitely a chance now that this could be revived Smile
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

PostSubject: Re: Robot Rage Revivors   Robot Rage Revivors EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 6:45 pm

I need to find a full time job, quick!

But on topic, it sounds promising if they are interested themselves.
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: Robot Rage Revivors   Robot Rage Revivors EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 10:33 pm

That's the best news I've heard all year. Thanks for making that call X! I will definitely consider investing in a remake Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Shaolin_Fists
Killah Mod
Shaolin_Fists

PostSubject: Re: Robot Rage Revivors   Robot Rage Revivors EmptyThu Sep 11, 2014 2:49 pm

thats amazing, thanks for making the call X-term. id be willing to invest money, however, if they need a large amount, although I love the game, i think it would only be fair to invest a decent amount to be guaranteed some return or a share in future potential profits as a reward for risking X amount of money.

Im just thinking ahead here. because im happy to throw some money for nothing in return, but large amount requires some sort of potential reward in the future (Even to break even is good enough for me)
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: Robot Rage Revivors   Robot Rage Revivors EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 3:57 am

I agree with you completely. I'd also be willing to put in a lot more if there was a possibility of getting some if it back.
Back to top Go down
NoMercI
RR Novice
NoMercI

PostSubject: Re: Robot Rage Revivors   Robot Rage Revivors EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 5:30 pm

Oh man I don't want to jump ahead of things but man would it be awesome if Raketspel would start developing a new RR. It would be even more amazing if we could actually have some input on the game or at least give them feedback! If i recall correctly the last time X-term called they estimated the cost of a new RR somewhere between 500 to 2000 bucks so it is not a too expensive project.

oh and thanks for doing this X-term you just made my day with this news.

Last edited by NoMercI on Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: Robot Rage Revivors   Robot Rage Revivors EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 9:41 pm

hmm... I thought it was going to be well over 2000. That seems very reasonable to me. (Nice to see you again NM)
Back to top Go down
NoMercI
RR Novice
NoMercI

PostSubject: Re: Robot Rage Revivors   Robot Rage Revivors EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 11:46 pm

I find $2000 a little bit too inexpensive though, i mean you need 3d modelers and programmers and you have hosting fees after the game is done. And what about PR and advertising? 2k just doesn't add up.

But thats what X-term said last time he called Raketspel
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: Robot Rage Revivors   Robot Rage Revivors EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 12:21 am

It does seem a bit optimistic...
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

PostSubject: Re: Robot Rage Revivors   Robot Rage Revivors EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 2:49 am

Wow, the chat used to be pretty crowded Very Happy
I believe Raketspel hasn't sent X any e-mail since last time...but I don't know since I haven't seen him for a while, might be just cause I don't go to chat that often...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Robot Rage Revivors   Robot Rage Revivors Empty

Back to top Go down

Robot Rage Revivors
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next