Robot Rage Survivors Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

robot rage survivors rr2 rearmed

HomeLatest imagesRR ChatRegisterLog in

Robot Rage Revivors

Go down 
+3
Grevious437
2D4
digit
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
digit
Add mint
digit

Robot Rage Revivors - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robot Rage Revivors   Robot Rage Revivors - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 2:56 am

just tried to log in and it said no guest log ins are allowed... not completely sure about the account info tho, anyone else have this problem?
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

PostSubject: Re: Robot Rage Revivors   Robot Rage Revivors - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 2:59 am

Yeah, saying the same...though I'm registered and logged in just recently...

And can't even register...

Unable to create file /home/robotrag/public_html/cgi-bin/Members/7775747468616d616372656c.dat. Most likely the access rights for this folder have been set incorrectly, prohibiting write access.
Back to top Go down
http://rrlobbychat.com
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: Robot Rage Revivors   Robot Rage Revivors - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 3:40 am

wow, haven't been around for some time and have too many new posts to catch up on but this is/was truely great news, I hope X Term will let us know what's going on soon .. !

My suggestions to let Raketspel know: That the game needs to have space for robots to be personalized and customized, this will attract all the great painters and players. It needs to have a leader score board, so competition will draw in many gamers. And my final point is, there could be money to be made when you refrain from making players pay for packs or superior weapons etc but find many sponsors that like to advertise for a good price in the game. The billboards can be placed on the inside of the walls on the roof, and alongside the borders outside the frame of the game, like facebook has it for instance, adds of all kinds. Even this forum has those adds, it only enhances the experience, any credible webpage has them. One other option I had in mind was to sell types of robots of chassis wheels etc that have existing company names, so these brands can also be sponsors, like in need for speed world and free pre existing paints that you can put on your robot, with brand names, giving you certain perks or rewards for wearing that branding that company logo on your robot. also the chat needs to return.
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: Robot Rage Revivors   Robot Rage Revivors - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 5:07 am

Great suggestions, 2D4. I was also thinking that advertisers could sponsor tournaments which would have the winner win some sort of coupon for the product advertised or something of that sort.
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: Robot Rage Revivors   Robot Rage Revivors - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 11:40 pm

If you remember that tiny building next to the pit you fall in, it had some grafitti on it, that could be the wall of fame, ultimate winners could have their name up there, in the color of their choosing, with a star next to it. Another wall could be made for the best painters, competitions every 3 months or so. This doesn't cost anything but it will produce a lot of activity. One should never underestimate the power of the ego Smile

Being able to make new robots with "new identities" and names was one of the things I liked so much and that should be possible in the new RR for sure
Back to top Go down
NoMercI
RR Novice
NoMercI

PostSubject: Re: Robot Rage Revivors   Robot Rage Revivors - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 11:41 pm

I was just wordering what your thoughts were about a mobile platform. Its not that I'm a 100% percent on board with the idea but i think it gives an interesting perspective. And im not talking about the quick cash grab micro transaction games appstores are filled with. Just a free mobile platform that is not pay to win and is just the game no strings attached.

The reason i was thinking about this is because the time of mini on-site gaming is kind of over. Sites like miniclip are shifting towards mobile platforms because thats where the crowd is going and thats where sponsors are going. What i am trying to say is that, if a potential RR remake will be launched, it might do as well as it once did if it is released the same way the old RR was. People nowadays are either playing 'casual' games on their mobile platforms or playing full fledged games on their PCs/consoles. I was thinking maybe a new RR should be either a full fledged indie game with a bigger budget or a game with a mobile port (and a pc port as well ofc).

Just putting my thoughts out here not saying i am really convinced either. What do you guys think? any alternatives maybe?
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: Robot Rage Revivors   Robot Rage Revivors - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 11:53 pm

Well personally I don't even own a mobile device with internet options, but that is just me. How much of quality can even be crammed inside a tiny touch screen ? If RR would be build for online PC first, would it be hard to modify it for a smartphone version in addition later on ? That would be the way to go, first we have to see if it becomes the succes it once was.

Maybe I am being naive but the RR we had was full fledged enough for me, I did not have the pacman experience
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

PostSubject: Re: Robot Rage Revivors   Robot Rage Revivors - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 11:58 pm

Definitely wouldn't want to see it on a mobile platform, just cause I hate phones being used that way xD

If it was an indie game it would make much success, I'm currently playing just 1 game from time to time which was recently released on Steam and there are a lot of people that have played Robot Rage and only have good things to say, so if the game was released like that it would definitely top the Steam charts Very Happy
Though the game would have to be different at some point, since Steam likes it's achievements lol
Back to top Go down
http://rrlobbychat.com
NoMercI
RR Novice
NoMercI

PostSubject: Re: Robot Rage Revivors   Robot Rage Revivors - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 12:11 am

Yea I see what you guys are saying. I never play games on my phone but I was just trying to reach the bigger public. But it comes with a lot of downsides. My ideal situation would be a steam version like jork said although I don't think a 2k budget is going to cut it.
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: Robot Rage Revivors   Robot Rage Revivors - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 12:51 am

I also say that it would have to be a full fledged PC game. I wouldn't really like to see it on any gaming consoles, let alone mobile phones No It was just such a serious gaming experience for me back then, I'd hate to see it reduced to a mobile level.
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: Robot Rage Revivors   Robot Rage Revivors - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 5:02 pm

My feeling tells me there should be a way for so many RR enthousiasts to join hands and co produce an epic new RR game, but like allmost always in this world, it raises questions like, who ownes what and who calls the shots. Raketspel allready has the advantage of a large team of RR die hard volonteers, free of charge
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: Robot Rage Revivors   Robot Rage Revivors - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 12:07 am

Well... I doubt it's free of charge, but I understand your point. I'd love to be part of the production team, but where's the playing field?
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: Robot Rage Revivors   Robot Rage Revivors - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 4:41 pm

Offcourse, you are right, just a manner of speaking. That is indeed the question
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Robot Rage Revivors   Robot Rage Revivors - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Robot Rage Revivors
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2