Robot Rage Survivors Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

robot rage survivors rr2 rearmed

HomeLatest imagesRR ChatRegisterLog in

**RRS LC Thread**

Go down 
+7
-Max
2D4
digit
RageTester
I R4G3 I
BEASTY
jork
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Shaolin_Fists
Killah Mod
Shaolin_Fists

**RRS LC Thread** Empty
PostSubject: **RRS LC Thread**   **RRS LC Thread** EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 6:09 pm

Hey guys,

I don't know if you remember the old clan threads on mc but there seems to be missing the same style of clan thread.

LC = Low content

Meaning that there isn't a specific topic for the thread.

This is a place for clan member to chat about whatever, and we will always have a place to refer to.

Rules:
Strictly no double posting <24hr period!

I will begin.

I remember the first time i played RR in 2005 I was at my fathers work. He had finished his shift and i didn't want to leave after spending 5hrs playing the game (because had dialup internet at home). I was hooked on the game since. spent many hours in the lobby learning the game and becoming the best i could at the game.

share your first experience playing the game Smile
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

**RRS LC Thread** Empty
PostSubject: Re: **RRS LC Thread**   **RRS LC Thread** EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 6:18 pm

Summer 2005, I think it was June...
Me and my bro, so to say got to use internet for the 1st time (personal use, not in school I mean), I was 12 back then, and the very 1st game we came across to was RR, it's not by surprise, since I was watching the robot wars show on TV back then and wanted to find something similar to play myself, the 1st experience was going to lobby using just a chassi, ran into some rolling pin, I managed to lose 3 times, then my bro got 1 win, he was the brain, so he managed to get to workshop to purchase a power axe, I started with a dagger and moved to a drill, was using it to around 100 wins and got flame thrower, that was on (bamper) robot.
Back to top Go down
http://rrlobbychat.com
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

**RRS LC Thread** Empty
PostSubject: Re: **RRS LC Thread**   **RRS LC Thread** EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 9:20 pm

No specific topic but the topic is the first time ? I am okay with that. The problem is, I have to think really hard .. I am not sure what year it was .. but I think it was 2003 ? I'm probably wrong. I think I was on miniclip for something else when I tried this game. It was the first 3D game I played so it was instantly cool. I was very amused by the chat and the whole thing so I did not care losing like every game. It always takes me long to master something so I was easy bait for the rest. Then I came up with the nail trick, standing still, dropping all nails in 1 spot (hidden under my chassis) and using the irrational anger of my opponent against himself, most were dead before they had a clue what happened, I got rich and able to buy what ever weapons I wanted, so I was even more hooked :0 What I never understood is why NO ONE else used this trick. I explained it in detail to as many ears as I could find but either no one believed me or they just wanted to stay broke, cheers

Last edited by 2D4 on Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

**RRS LC Thread** Empty
PostSubject: Re: **RRS LC Thread**   **RRS LC Thread** EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 9:24 pm

I've seen quite a few people performing that trick, no idea if you taught it to them or they came to it their own way, but I saw it performed a few times, works only the 1st time tbh. Once you've experienced it you'll be more careful next time, if you are not dumb enough to fall for it every time of course Smile
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

**RRS LC Thread** Empty
PostSubject: Re: **RRS LC Thread**   **RRS LC Thread** EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 9:40 pm

jork wrote:
I've seen quite a few people performing that trick, no idea if you taught it to them or they came to it their own way, but I saw it performed a few times, works only the 1st time tbh. Once you've experienced it you'll be more careful next time, if you are not dumb enough to fall for it every time of course Smile

Hahaha good point, I did see most guys die this same way time after time. The thing is, when you are patient and you pretend to not be there, they come loitering around the corner to see why you are not moving. So they tried to provoke a reaction in chat but if you keep silent or you start the game by saying: Do you hear that ? It is raining .. (sound of nails dropping) or maybe: Be right back, getting some cofee .. (my favorite) So when they don't see you moving they start to believe you might actually have left the PC , and that they can have an easy quick win. That is when most run into you and die an instant horrible death. Some test the waters by giving the bot a lil shove, thus revealing the nail and then become enraged and they go after me with everything they have. Luckily this deadly nail is also an exellent defense to hide behind and when being chased, you have the advantage that the other guy is the more careless driver because he is taken by toxic fury, so at one point or another he will make the sad mistake of cutting a corner too sharp and the poor metal soul is gone. Actually I trained myself on how to spin circles around the nail without being damaged myself. And as you said, hard to believe they will do it again after they lost to you 3 times allready but they did, it's psychology, rage and patience do not go together well, so they had to attack. On rare occasions I was dealing with a patient guy, who tried to outwait me, I just pushed his bot off the roof, because he was gone, getting cofee himself probably Smile (I had no other weapon than this nail) Idid see a few try this trick, but not many. I never had one try it on me before I came up with it, offcourse that is no proof I was the only one who invented it.

Ps, do you know when the first RR started ?

Last edited by 2D4 on Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
-Max
RR Novice
-Max

**RRS LC Thread** Empty
PostSubject: Re: **RRS LC Thread**   **RRS LC Thread** EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 9:42 pm

Derp.
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

**RRS LC Thread** Empty
PostSubject: Re: **RRS LC Thread**   **RRS LC Thread** EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 9:59 pm

I think RR started in 2004...I wasn't there back then, but that's what I've heard.
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

**RRS LC Thread** Empty
PostSubject: Re: **RRS LC Thread**   **RRS LC Thread** EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 10:10 pm

I see, so I was wrong about the year. Did you see someone use the trick right after you discovered RR ?

**RRS LC Thread** Untitl23

lol

You are right Max, I am a silly bragger, I apologize
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

**RRS LC Thread** Empty
PostSubject: Re: **RRS LC Thread**   **RRS LC Thread** EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 10:13 pm

I didn't have time to play much back then, but I am positive I saw it before Rearmed...
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

**RRS LC Thread** Empty
PostSubject: Re: **RRS LC Thread**   **RRS LC Thread** EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 10:17 pm

Yeah okay, but when did rearmed come out ? Probably 2007 ?

I was using that trick allready in the RR before the new weapons in rearmed. I remember well when rearmed came out, I was so happy with the fun new weapons, mostly the razors. I must have been playing for 2 years or 1 year before that/

Last edited by 2D4 on Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

**RRS LC Thread** Empty
PostSubject: Re: **RRS LC Thread**   **RRS LC Thread** EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 10:20 pm

I think my brain just melted, I think Rearmed was in 06, because I hadn't been playing RR for a year yet when Rearmed came out...
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

**RRS LC Thread** Empty
PostSubject: Re: **RRS LC Thread**   **RRS LC Thread** EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 10:24 pm

I think I started playing in 2004,

Imagine how bad I am , I was playing longer than you , yet you were much better and the one to introduce me to the RR chatroom, and his forum. I remember clearly the conversation we had on the roof top Smile You trying to persuade me to come to the chatroom, lol

I did because you were a fair and sportive opponent and you had amazing paints. Let's face it you were the man Wink
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

**RRS LC Thread** Empty
PostSubject: Re: **RRS LC Thread**   **RRS LC Thread** EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 10:26 pm

Heh, I really wanted to gather what was left of the community back then, I'm glad that it wasn't for nothing Smile
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

**RRS LC Thread** Empty
PostSubject: Re: **RRS LC Thread**   **RRS LC Thread** EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 11:35 pm

I haven't seen you so far uncle bob Smile

(in RR3)
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

**RRS LC Thread** Empty
PostSubject: Re: **RRS LC Thread**   **RRS LC Thread** EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 11:51 pm

Oh, I played for a bit and then went to play 8ball with -Max, but we probably shouldn't mention it cuz I smoked him Smile
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

**RRS LC Thread** Empty
PostSubject: Re: **RRS LC Thread**   **RRS LC Thread** EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 12:06 am

You know that smoking is bad for you son, I can verify that
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

**RRS LC Thread** Empty
PostSubject: Re: **RRS LC Thread**   **RRS LC Thread** EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 12:10 am

Yeah, that's why I shouldn't have mentioned that, now I'm a bad person Sad
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

**RRS LC Thread** Empty
PostSubject: Re: **RRS LC Thread**   **RRS LC Thread** EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 12:12 am

Forgive yourself bob
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

**RRS LC Thread** Empty
PostSubject: Re: **RRS LC Thread**   **RRS LC Thread** EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 12:15 am

Ha, and now I am Bob Very Happy
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

**RRS LC Thread** Empty
PostSubject: Re: **RRS LC Thread**   **RRS LC Thread** EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 12:31 am

Eh, I remember the first time I played it. Me and my bro were at the school library and he started playing of the top ten games on miniclip. I believe he bought the power-axe and coaxed his opponents into going after him by chatting "Come here chicken". After seeing him lose a couple of battles I began playing it myself. I initially started with power-axe as well but then later went towards the dagger. I used dagger only until I became +++ with my bot named D E A T H. After that I "upgraded" to regen runner with dagger. Never got to ++++ because at the time there were so many hackers at +++ that I was unable to accumulate enough wins. After that (and before) I got many ++'s. I left RR after a while for some strange reason to find it off of Miniclip's top ten and maybe even off of Miniclip completely. That it how I found this website and became a painter over a fighter...
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

**RRS LC Thread** Empty
PostSubject: Re: **RRS LC Thread**   **RRS LC Thread** EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 12:35 am

Nice

Offcourse later when I had my 2DIE4 bot I also used razors, regen and spears but I still wonder how I managed to bring that robot to +++++. I never repeated it tho, I did have one ++++ what was it's name again, General Boredom I believe
Back to top Go down
Shaolin_Fists
Killah Mod
Shaolin_Fists

**RRS LC Thread** Empty
PostSubject: Re: **RRS LC Thread**   **RRS LC Thread** EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 4:30 am

nice read of your stories guys

and yes RR was available to play in 2004.

@2D4 i use to do that trick with nails+claw. continuously pushing opponent over the nails. was pretty fun to do.

my favourite setups with credits was:
spears/flames/razors
spears/regen/razors
dagger (small chassis)

I loved battling bonsaipf with spears/flames/razors as he had the same setup. so it always came down to who played the game better (as both of us never retreated) was pretty crazy battles against him. The winner would always barley have any armour left
Back to top Go down
-Max
RR Novice
-Max

**RRS LC Thread** Empty
PostSubject: Re: **RRS LC Thread**   **RRS LC Thread** EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 4:43 am

2D4 wrote:

**RRS LC Thread** Untitl23

lol

You are right Max, I am a silly bragger, I apologize

Hahahaha
Back to top Go down
Shaolin_Fists
Killah Mod
Shaolin_Fists

**RRS LC Thread** Empty
PostSubject: Re: **RRS LC Thread**   **RRS LC Thread** EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 4:55 am

bad quality vid but must see Razz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRM0LwVoyF4
Back to top Go down
-Max
RR Novice
-Max

**RRS LC Thread** Empty
PostSubject: Re: **RRS LC Thread**   **RRS LC Thread** EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 5:01 am

Shaolin_Fists wrote:
bad quality vid but must see Razz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRM0LwVoyF4

Is this 2D4 in the vid? haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

**RRS LC Thread** Empty
PostSubject: Re: **RRS LC Thread**   **RRS LC Thread** Empty

Back to top Go down

**RRS LC Thread**
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next