Robot Rage Survivors Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

robot rage survivors rr2 rearmed

HomeLatest imagesRR ChatRegisterLog in

The Highlander Strategy

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Omega Warrior
Lowest Of Low

The Highlander Strategy Empty
PostSubject: The Highlander Strategy   The Highlander Strategy EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 6:50 pm

Although this strategy is more difficult in the face of particular super weapon combos, it is a strategy that applies well from beginning to high-level ranks.

I call it the Highlander Strategy, because it centers around the use of one weapon: the dagger.

Why the lowly poker, you might ask? Because as long as you can move, you always have it as a weapon. And movement is key to its mastery. Unlike the projectile weapons, which can be dodged and have a limited supply of ammunition, the dagger can be effectively used throughout any robot battle. The strategy goes like this: equip a fast, low-power draw engine as soon as possible, and as much battery supply and power as you can afford. You don't necessarily need a high amount of armor, but you should keep your mobility and speed as high as you can get away with. What you're aiming for is a vehicle that can not only move and maneuver quickly, but can keep going long after your opponent has spent his ammunition and power. You can add any extra weapon that you like to this setup, so long as you equip the dagger on the FRONT of your vehicle. Yes, I'm talking to you, razor blade spammers and spear shooters. The biggest mistake people make is in putting a dagger on the rear of the vehicle instead of the front. Finally, hit the number 3 on your keyboard to give you the widest possible perspective of your surroundings.

This is a typical play-out of this strategy. Your opponent is the average-speed, good-armored razor blade shooter with perhaps one or two extra weapons on the back and/or tower, and you are working with something perhaps less armored, but faster and with better battery life. The most typical opening move in this scenario is for your opponent to attack, either with careful sniping or a mass attack of ten to twenty blades. You'll have to rely on your skills to dance around this, but if you've been playing as long as I have you'll no doubt have at least a few tricks up your sleeve. When your opponent has depleted his ammo reserves, it's your turn. Use quick attacks, ramming the now practically unarmed opponent with impunity. Go for his sides especially, as many of their remaining weapons will be directed forward or backward relative to the chassis (if they have any). The dagger does not do nearly as much damage as the other weapons, but it has a key advantage over several of the other melee weapons: in a head-to-head collision of dagger vs. plow, spear, etc., the dagger will do damage but more than likely shield you from taking it in return. As such, keep the thing pointed at your opponent at all times.

The final key in this strategy is something I discovered in the process of waiting for better equipment to become affordable. At any time in the battle, and particularly when your opponent is faster, unarmed, or trying to get away from you, you can make your battery power last almost indefinitely but retain the ability to move by turning your wheels back and forth repeatedly. Each time, your robot will shift slightly forward, but your power won't drain! Though it takes time, you can easily combine this with a short-charge strategy to make your opponent run around more than you do. In this way, you can overcome a better, faster robot simply by lasting far longer than they expect you to,

This strategy has won for me approximately forty-nine times out of fifty against an extremely broad variety of opponents. The focus on speed and power supply allows you to stay alive longer, set up opponents to become trapped and defenseless, and maneuver to a great enough extent to nullify and even reverse the effectiveness of a wide variety of attacks. The reason I focus on the dagger rather than the spear is simple: the spear, while more powerful, can be accidentally rendered useless by firing off all five shots. In a tense battle, the likelihood of this happening is a lot higher than you'd think.

This strategy isn't for everyone. If you are into brute force over finesse, it may not work for you nearly as well. But if you can pull it off, you'll be surprised how quickly a tiny three-wheeler with one alkaline battery and a dagger can become a speed demon with health regeneration, massive power reserves, and the ability to not only outwit the nastiest of opponents, but to turn everything they know about Robot Rage strategy on its head.

Remember, in the end, there can only be one.

Love and Peace, out.
-Omega
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

PostSubject: Re: The Highlander Strategy   The Highlander Strategy EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 10:24 pm

Omega Warrior wrote:
The reason I focus on the dagger rather than the spear is simple: the spear, while more powerful, can be accidentally rendered useless by firing off all five shots. In a tense battle, the likelihood of this happening is a lot higher than you'd think.
Know what you mean...happens to me in 1 out of 1000 battles, and that 1 is when I play against UDKA lol.
Back to top Go down
http://rrlobbychat.com
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: The Highlander Strategy   The Highlander Strategy EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 11:04 pm

: ) Detailed and extensive debriefing of battleskills .. everything you say is true and experienced players learned it from firsthand experience, especially when you have to rely
on the simplest of things cause you can't afford to buy anything fancy. The only advantage the spears have is that even 1 remaining spear does slightly more damage when used as a dagger then the dagger itself does, a small perk. I used all of the strategies you describe with no exception in my battles and more then once I beat a full armored, armed to the teeth opponent with nothing more then a small chassis, daggers a set of nails and good battery life, bringing this robot called 2DIE4 to +++++ rank with these simple weapons. You may be interested to add two tricks (I think I) invented to your skill set Smile the nail trick and the trapped razor trick. To my suprise virtually nobody uses them even tho they produce wins faster then anything else .. I posted them somewhere, wait i will look them up for you. Additionally you can harness the power of the firepit to your advantage, that is also described there

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Noobface
Extreme Forummer
Noobface

PostSubject: Re: The Highlander Strategy   The Highlander Strategy EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 6:09 pm

Spoiler:

GO TO THAT, IT'S BETTER THAN 2D4's stuff!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
TheHat
H€®Ø
TheHat

PostSubject: Re: The Highlander Strategy   The Highlander Strategy EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 6:20 pm

the best trick, as jork said is to buy the poweraxe, see that itsucks then sell it, then buy the plow because it looks pretty good then sell it because it sucks, then get dagger because its all you can afford and win. Lol
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: The Highlander Strategy   The Highlander Strategy EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 8:41 pm

but if you sell something you get only a fraction
of the price, how is that suposed to make anyone
richer ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Highlander Strategy   The Highlander Strategy Empty

Back to top Go down

The Highlander Strategy
Page 1 of 1