Robot Rage Survivors Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

robot rage survivors rr2 rearmed

HomeLatest imagesRR ChatRegisterLog in

RobotRage BETA Test

Go down 
+7
Juke (RR Developer)
digit
RageTester
BEASTY
jork
2D4
TRON
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
TRON
RR Beginner

RobotRage BETA Test Empty
PostSubject: RobotRage BETA Test   RobotRage BETA Test EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 12:21 pm

Hey guys just got an email, Apparently SilentBay made a forum and now are hosting an open beta test for RR!

http://robotrage.nstars.org/

Ive been testing it out, its kinda laggy atm
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage BETA Test   RobotRage BETA Test EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 3:33 pm

lol what a strange forum .. it has no posts. It's a ghost town
Back to top Go down
TRON
RR Beginner

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage BETA Test   RobotRage BETA Test EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 3:46 pm

I think it was made recently
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage BETA Test   RobotRage BETA Test EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 5:31 pm

Isn't Black Horizon your clan?
Back to top Go down
http://rrlobbychat.com
BEASTY
The Creator
BEASTY

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage BETA Test   RobotRage BETA Test EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 7:34 pm

i smell fish. wait thats my sister. nvm

Edit wait a second i dont even have a sister!
Back to top Go down
https://rrsurvivors.forumotion.com
RageTester
Chat Owner
RageTester

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage BETA Test   RobotRage BETA Test EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 8:49 pm

Game doesn't load full size for me from your website, so here's direct link for everyone: http://silentbay.developers.miniclip.com/test/rr3_0.12/index.html who knows maybe it lags little bit less too...
Can't call what I saw a very good start, but I love 3 things about it already - bots are flippable, up to 4 bots can play at once and no more FENCE/WALL problem...
Hope the game get's finished this year...

Admin Edit: Actual link here...

Last edited by Distroyer2 on Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage BETA Test   RobotRage BETA Test EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 10:50 pm

For real ?? this was RR3 test ? Great news .. sounds good I can't wait

Tried the link Distroyer but it sais apache - not found (why does it say "apache" anyway ? maybe someone knows)
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage BETA Test   RobotRage BETA Test EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 10:57 pm

lol, cuz my bro added a comma in the ending of the link...
http://silentbay.developers.miniclip.com/test/rr3_0.12/index.html
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage BETA Test   RobotRage BETA Test EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 11:07 pm

ok thanks. I just tried it

and omg .. this sux .. it is nothing compared to RR we used to have. No handling, no custom painting, no great weapons, no wheels, no nothing. Also, why music ? to make it feel like it's still something, because it's nothing. Did we need music in the background when we played RR ? no because the game itself was fun enough. This thing has no right to be called robot rage .. People always do that, they take something great and destroy it, to make way for something absolutely turdy .. all that is needed is to take RR2 and improve it a little and you have a winner ! ARE YOU GUYS FROM MINICLIP LISTENING ? I HOPE SO

ps. Sorry, I didn't mean to be negative
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage BETA Test   RobotRage BETA Test EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 12:33 am

Keeps saying it loaded 100% but never does anything after that.

It stared... somehow i wish it didn't... music is terrible...

MOTHER OF FRENCH FRIES THIS IS A DISGRACE!

Just checked the date to be sure... and no... this is not April Fool's Day... Mad
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage BETA Test   RobotRage BETA Test EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 12:47 am

well, you would have been even more disapointed if you saw the actual game - I did - you have been spared that I guess, it's a minor traumatic experience
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage BETA Test   RobotRage BETA Test EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 1:03 am

Here is my review... At first glance the game appeared to be fair... and I'm talking FIRST GLANCE, the blue screen with miniclip's logo on it... Then I saw the loading screen... the font was a disappointment to say the least... I'm pretty sure it wasn't even centered correctly. After loading I noticed a fairly mediocre background... and was also disappointed by not seeing the background we all know and love. This doesn't even seem like much of a problem when I see the hideous black and yellow bar at the bottom, I'm not even going to express my true feelings about it. Next thing I see is the little cute bar in the middle that would be great for a 3 year old child, but for anything above that age I have my doubts. Whereas the real Robot Rage used to have it's own unique and manly demeanor this one falls very short of the mark. Enough of the menu, lets go on to the game-play.

My very first thought was, "What's that thing in the camera and where is the robot?". And then it dawned on me, or in this case, more of "nighted" on me, this was supposed to be my robot... the robot that I would see EVERY battle, the robot that I was supposed to know and love! THIS WAS IT! This flab of a box presented in front of me was supposed to be it... Next thing I noticed was that you can no longer turn right or left without moving forward or backwards... let me say this again... YOU CAN NO LONGER TURN RIGHT OR LEFT WITHOUT MOVING FORWARD OR BACKWARDS! I don't know who the developers think the are making this new "robot rage" for, but it sure isn't for the old players that were faithfully playing everyday, if not just to see the lobby empty. They obviously did not even think about us when making this game, not only must we suffer the multiple down points to this disgrace, but now we have to relearn movements, keys, and strategies. This is not a benefit, this is a punishment! Haven't they done that to us enough already? They are not making it for the old players that had their game taking away from them not once, but TWICE! They first time seems like a very fair thing compared to this. They took Robot Rage from us... and let me tell you something. They aren't giving it back. Why? Because this game with the music driving me insane as I type, is not Robot Rage. It is not even close. They music, the robot, the sound effects, the arena, the lobby, all different (I'm not mentioning weapons and paintshop because I hope that these clowns at least have the common sense to give us that... scratch that, I know they won't...)

And what's this? Now you have to become a member of Miniclip to play this game too? Will you even be able to name your bots? Sheesh! I'm not finished, but I won't bother to write anymore anyways. I think you know where I stand at this point...

One last thought... I'd rather have RR be dead, then to have it turned into this monster.

Silentbay... you haven't been silent enough!
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage BETA Test   RobotRage BETA Test EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 1:15 am

Yeah, I'd rather go play RA2, this game they are making right now has nothing to be excited for, Robot Rage graphics, controls, paint shop, chassi designs were perfect, they could have added some new chassis, but changing the game the way they are right now is awful, but it's only because they don't have a license for the actual RR, so if they'd make it similar they would get sued for copyright infringement, my guess...I really hope they are not making fun of us.
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage BETA Test   RobotRage BETA Test EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 1:29 am

So we basically all feel the same about this horror, how do they even dare calling it RR3 .. Who is it that has the license for our beloved RR than ? Raketspel ? I wish TRON and AG and juke would share a little more of what they claim they know with us, or perhaps they are happy with this new monsterchild ? I don't believe that. First, let's establish who has the rights to RR2, it's a factual question, it shouldn't be too hard to find out who has it copyrighted. Once we know we can contact that party ourselves. I will be happy to pick up the phone myself
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage BETA Test   RobotRage BETA Test EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 1:34 am

Whoever they are, they are laughing their butts off right now.
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage BETA Test   RobotRage BETA Test EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 1:44 am

Raketspel...shockplay is their site and Robot Rage was hosted on shockplay.
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage BETA Test   RobotRage BETA Test EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 1:47 am

Well, I know it may sound far fetched but if no one is going to remake RR2, there is no money to be made by keeping it offline and the owner (again: I urge, find out who owns RR !) will probably be happy to sell it if he has no plans for it, right ? and if you can obtain a platform you can own and launch RR2 yourself, how does that sound ?

There is a reason I wrote so many times about www.trugamer.com , no one probably even read those posts, but my point was: Very decent multiplayergames were taken offline and are currently waiting somewhere in someones backup harddrive to never be used again, unless someone else buys them, and puts them back online. Just like with RR, no one does anything with those games so the owner will probably be happy if he can make a few bucks selling them
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage BETA Test   RobotRage BETA Test EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 1:49 am

I agree with 2D4, and just by asking they might realize that RR is worth a second chance and put it back up... (How's that for far fetched? Razz)
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage BETA Test   RobotRage BETA Test EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 1:54 am

Yes, ur right. i didn't even think of that but that might happen sooner if we do then if we don't Smile especially if we offer to buy it. We don't even have to pay up. just show interrest
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage BETA Test   RobotRage BETA Test EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 2:03 am

Just tried e-mailing raketspel and shockplay(2 e-mails).
But really, I don't think they check their mailbox, I am kinda scared to make a phone call since I don't pay my bill...
Contact information:

Kontakt
Raketspel AB
Kronobergsgatan 21
112 33 Stockholm
08 653 46 47
kontakt@raketspel.se
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage BETA Test   RobotRage BETA Test EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 2:11 am

Okay thanks, I guess I will see what I can do, when the weekend is over.
Back to top Go down
BEASTY
The Creator
BEASTY

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage BETA Test   RobotRage BETA Test EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 4:37 am

im agreeing with IGIT, heres what i think. i have a big thing against the hole miniclip account being ur name, and even being hooked up so that it uses that is just a turn off. music should not be a part of the game. the title and font of it makes me think of the word garbage. dislike the no turning side to side when not accelerating. to be honest this reminds me of that robot area game witch i never liked. i realy just want old RR bak.

Last edited by East123eog on Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://rrsurvivors.forumotion.com
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage BETA Test   RobotRage BETA Test EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 4:43 am

Robot Rage was unique, it was something different than other robot games like robot arena or robot wars extreme destruction, there is no point of making it a wannabe of one of the games I just mentioned.
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage BETA Test   RobotRage BETA Test EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 4:45 am

Howdy, we all agree !

I made a Poll, just to feel the water .. it's not as if you are signing a contract or anything. I wanted to see how people would feel about it
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage BETA Test   RobotRage BETA Test EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 5:22 am

I was thinking of giving silentbay a piece of my mind. I already signed up a registered on that forum and was about to do so... What if all three of us (4 if dist agrees) did so?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage BETA Test   RobotRage BETA Test Empty

Back to top Go down

RobotRage BETA Test
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next