Robot Rage Survivors Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

robot rage survivors rr2 rearmed

HomeLatest imagesRR ChatRegisterLog in

I am reviving this game.

Go down 
+4
RootRanger
jork
2D4
alonalon
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
alonalon
Lowest Of Low

I am reviving this game. Empty
PostSubject: I am reviving this game.   I am reviving this game. EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 5:09 pm

I'v started contacting miniclip via mail and forums, if this will not work soon I will make a phone call.

I am going to get my hand on the administration and development of this game(hopefully)

I am going to add new graphics plugins, weapons, items, etc...

I also wish to add map, new gui and game-play to the game if the community want it.

Pleas use this thread to wish me luck, also post your idea because they will probably be added to the game when I mange to claim it.
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: I am reviving this game.   I am reviving this game. EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 5:28 pm

What can I say, I really hope it works out ! I am happy to see you touch base with us and ask us for our ideas. Nice to meet you, or have you been with us under another name ? have you been playing or are you new to this game ? I will let you know what my ideas are. Most pressing is the way the players connect in my opinion. The lobbysystem with the wall / fence issues and the fact that we see people in the lobby but since they are walls like most of us we cannot connect to them. This endless challenging in vain and waiting leads to frustration and newcomers leaving the game (and new people still enter everyday) If this gets sorted the rest is just icing on the cake !

*as you can see I do not have a RR avatar and signature, I started playing need for speed world, due to the problem described above
Back to top Go down
alonalon
Lowest Of Low

PostSubject: Re: I am reviving this game.   I am reviving this game. EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 5:35 pm

I'm an old play

The firewall problem, is cause by the fact that all the server does is connecting the players and not actually run the matchs.
This is also the reason for much easier ways to cheat.

This game needs a lot of work, but I will manged to deal with it.

I will add the chat again, and will make an anti selfkill selfkill cheaters.
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: I am reviving this game.   I am reviving this game. EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 7:00 pm

Sounds good

Don't worry about any cheats dude .. in fact a few cheats make a game
atractive, that's the reality, so
Back to top Go down
alonalon
Lowest Of Low

PostSubject: Re: I am reviving this game.   I am reviving this game. EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 9:47 pm

Anyone knows why it was abandoned in first place?
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: I am reviving this game.   I am reviving this game. EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 10:58 pm

Just curious but what other names did you have here or in the game ?

The game was taken from miniclip around the time Miniclip.com also expelled it's other multiplayer games like card games and chess etc. After that it slowly declined and this is because, when this connection/lobbysystem has relatively many players, you will not notice because there is always someone to challenge and connect to (out of the hunderd plus people online it is likely you will find a game) but when say 10 or 15 people are playing RR this system is really starting to show it's weak points, that is , a fence is neccesary to connect to, that means waiting for an hour sometimes. So the main reasons why it was abandoned: No longer advertised online (by miniclip) leads to slower influx of new players and as I said before, failing system makes the few that discover this game, leave from boredom.
Back to top Go down
alonalon
Lowest Of Low

PostSubject: Re: I am reviving this game.   I am reviving this game. EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 7:55 am

I was never on this forum before, I used to play the game long ago, some years ago actoully when it was still alive, can't remember my old acount, I had everything you can buy without real money and I'v beaten a lot of those who had super weapon pack.

The fence problem can be fixed by a new server, but that would not happen.
But it can still be fixed by new modern conection methods that might fix it, java today is far more powerful then when robot rage came out.
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

PostSubject: Re: I am reviving this game.   I am reviving this game. EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 1:56 pm

My suggestions:
1. Same as 2D4, a connection system that would be able to connect any player with any player.
2. More maps would be fun.
3. Ability to play more than just 1 on 1, probably even a team (clan) battle, like 4 on 4.
No more suggestions so far since I'm not sure there is anything you could do, but still good luck and hope it works out for you.
Back to top Go down
http://rrlobbychat.com
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: I am reviving this game.   I am reviving this game. EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 10:38 pm

alonalon wrote:
I was never on this forum before, I used to play the game long ago, some years ago actoully when it was still alive, can't remember my old acount, I had everything you can buy without real money and I'v beaten a lot of those who had super weapon pack.

The fence problem can be fixed by a new server, but that would not happen.
But it can still be fixed by new modern conection methods that might fix it, java today is far more powerful then when robot rage came out.

That means you were much like me. I never played with superweapons, figured them to
be pretty boring. I took one robot with a small chassi, razors and a dagger to +++++ level.
I have a screenshot of that so I can prove it Smile I really hope this server issue gets fixed.

jork wrote:
My suggestions:
1. Same as 2D4, a connection system that would be able to connect any player with any player.
2. More maps would be fun.
3. Ability to play more than just 1 on 1, probably even a team (clan) battle, like 4 on 4.
No more suggestions so far since I'm not sure there is anything you could do, but still good luck and hope it works out for you.

I agree with Jork and exactly in that order !!
Back to top Go down
RootRanger
V.I.P.
RootRanger

PostSubject: Re: I am reviving this game.   I am reviving this game. EmptyWed May 02, 2012 2:04 am

I wish you good luck.

alonalon wrote:
Anyone knows why it was abandoned in first place?
The best we can do is to come up with theories.
Superweapons were the source of income for the game. Superweapon hacking had become very frequent and fewer people were buying real superweapons. I suppose Miniclip did not think their time should be used making the game harder to hack. After all, if just one person figures out how to hack superweapons, they can spread that information far. Meanwhile, popularity was declining at a pretty sharp rate. The game was rarely updated and filled with lag. The game didn't actually have a server; players were connecting to each others computers. This caused certain players to not be able to play other players and huge amounts of lag. Plus, add in a broken rating system and inbalanced weapons, and you have a few reasons why Miniclip abandoned the game.

Here are some of my ideas. I'll post much more content if you can get a running game.

RootRanger wrote:
Here's a rough draft of the classes and strengths. Haven't named anything yet.
Tell me if you like it; I could elaborate with time.

Class A - High speed, medium damage, short range
Class B - High speed, low damage, medium range
Class C - Medium speed, high damage, short range
Class D - Medium speed, low damage, high range
Class E - Low speed, high damage, medium range
Class F - Low speed, medium damage, high range

Every class has their strengths and weaknesses. D would be weak to A which is weak to B. B is weak to E which is weak to F, and that's weak to C.

You pick a class at the start. Each class has its own set of weapons and engines, ect. It wouldn't be hard to balance these classes if you have decent beta testers, which you will. So do you like it? And its fine if you don't. I can think of more things.
RootRanger wrote:
In Platform Racing you start out with 100 stat points to spread between speed, jumping, and acceleration. As you play more you get more stat points. Maybe you want something like that?

Here are a few things that I think would fit well together.

You start out with, say, 20 stat points. You can spread these around speed, armor, and damage. You can remove and add them any time, as long as the total is 20.

When you win a game you get experience and cash, but less for losing a game. When enough experience accumulates you gain a level. When you gain a level you get a stat point. You will have a level and a skill rank, and skill rank will determine your spot on the highscores. When you win you gain skill points, and winning enough makes you go up a skill rank (like in RR; -, +, ++). Losing lowers your skill points but not your level.

With enough cash you can buy stronger chassis/armor plates, engines, wheels, and weapons. Armor plates might boost your armor by, say, 1.2 or 1.8, depending on how expensive it is. Engines would be the same, but for speed instead. For wheels, it could say "Turning:High, Grip:Medium" or something like that. Weapons could say "Damage:Low, Range:High". In this case it would multiply the damage stat by something low, like 1.3, but the range would be far.
RootRanger wrote:
Back on track; thinking up some more ideas if you want them and for fun. This post is about a ranking system, as I haven't touched on that yet.

The way I see it there are 3 general options for a ranking system.

1.) RR-Style: 3-8 classes (depending on how popular the game is; the less popular the fewer classes). You can only change your ranking by playing someone in your class. Just imagine the RR ranking system (-, +, ++, ect) except you can lose points for losing to someone with more points than you and there is less of a penalty for losing to players far below you in ranking.

2.) Random Matchup: This is my personal favorite, but all 3 are viable. In this system you click "Find Match" or something, and wait until someone else around your skill level clicks "Find Match". You could be assigned a skill rank out of 25 or something, and the system might only pair you with someone within 5 ranks of you. You will win more points playing someone ranked above you than someone at your rank. As you win more points your rank goes up.

3.) Table Creation: Everyone has a ranking from 0 to, maybe, 4000. They are organized into classes. Then anyone can create a table and specify arena, time limit before ties, password or no password, and most importantly, what ranks can join. So you could select a box for "Beginners, Novices, and Average", but not select the box for "Experts and Elites". So the only people that could join your game would be people of the lower ranks. You could also have a password for tournaments and stuff.
RootRanger wrote:
I'll think up something. I would like if the scoring system made it difficult to raise. Back in 04-07, surely you remember this, some people got to the highscores by using two 5+: their main bot and one to purposely lose to the main bot. A rating system can fix this with three ways:

One way would be to use something like #1, except you can drop ranks. But this just doesn't seem right. One game you can play A, B, and C. After beating them each you rise a rank and am able to play D, E, and F. But after losing to them you can play A, B, and C again, but not D, E, and F. It would probably be annoying to the players that constantly float between ranks. Yet the RR system used today, even if there were no hackers, is vulnerable to raisers. One guy with a 4000 point bot and a 4200 point bot can play himself and get his 4200 point bot to 8000 points, or more.

The next option is probably the best one. One multiplayer game I played had ranked and unranked. On ranked you would click "Find Match" and get a fight with a random player. For unranked there was a RR-style challenge system. You could click on someone's name from a list, and when clicking challenge a window would pop up. There you can change all the settings you want, and clicking challenge again sends the challenge.

The third way is the least bullet-proof of our options, but it leaves more flexibility in the ranking system. This option would be to have games watched by moderators to see who is trying to cheat. Luckily ban evasion and IP changing would fail, because a player would have to start over with a new bot.

Completely off topic, but that game I played also had a random mode. It set you up with random everything. The RR equivalent would give you random chassis, tower, and pretty much everything; even weapons. That might be worth a few laughs.

I'll work on percentages for the ranking in the morning. I'm going to bed.
RootRanger wrote:
No worries Wolfy. Dalmat and I are just thinking up ideas. One day one of us might use them in a game, but most likely him.

OK, so, Skill Ranks and percentages. Let's say 25 skill ranks for now. You can be matched with anyone within 5 ranks, but not someone 6 ranks away from your rank.

Points won for winning = (15 + Their Rank - Your Rank) * (50 - Your Rank)
Points lost for losing = (15 + Your Rank - Their Rank) * (25 + Your Rank)

You're smart, but I should explain this anyways. The first factor is there so you win more points for beating a strong player, and lose more for losing to a weak player. The second factor is a bit confusing but necessary. The lower ranked you are, the more points you get for winning, and the less for losing, even against someone your own rank. Lets pretend a Rank 2 beats a Rank 1. The 2 wins 672 points, but the 1 loses only 364 points. But what if a 25 beats a 20. The 25 wins 500 points, but the 20 loses 900 points. This is here to make it easier for newbs to advance, while making 24 and 25 achieved by only the top players. This is important to the rating system. Say there is a player capable of beating Rank 25s 60% of the time and a player capable of beating Rank 25s 80% of the time. If the 60% player plays way more than the 80% player, the 60% will reach the highscores faster, without the second part of the rating system. The top players should actually be the best players.

The 15, 50, and 25 can be switched out. This is just a rough draft. Also, because the numbers get big, maybe both formulas could be divided by 10.
Back to top Go down
http://rootranger@gmail.com
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: I am reviving this game.   I am reviving this game. EmptyWed May 02, 2012 2:12 am

I like all your ideas except for the first and second ones... They are robots, how can they obtain skills? you know what i mean?
Back to top Go down
TheHat
H€®Ø
TheHat

PostSubject: Re: I am reviving this game.   I am reviving this game. EmptyWed May 02, 2012 2:28 am

yeah but the new call of duty game has hovercrafts and ponies.. so.
Back to top Go down
RageTester
Chat Owner
RageTester

PostSubject: Re: I am reviving this game.   I am reviving this game. EmptyWed May 02, 2012 9:46 am

Are you able to create any new weapons or a a new battle arena? Show us what you can do and then I'll believe this isn't just another scam...
Hosting game files on private server would be good start, have you got any ideas how to edit dcr files or create new ones to replace old ones?
Or maybe you want to change game programming type at all...
I believe it was made using lingo not java btw...
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: I am reviving this game.   I am reviving this game. EmptyThu May 03, 2012 12:53 am

Okay Rootranger, everyone is entitled to an opinion and that applies to you all the more
because you have so much to say Smile You have some good points but I really do think the main
reason is the bad connection system, everything else wasn't a reason for me to quit .. including the superhacks and so on ..

IGIT (wb) Maybe he means skills as in nfsw for instance, you gain rep points and get added skills, that will give you a small edge. It could be an interresting concept .. when it is applied to bots only and not to an acount. This way you can add skills to your bot and be motivated to fight your bot into a tweaked slick killingmachine. In that case the kill/rep ups should be displayed like little victory notes, making you feel like you earned something special. So, it is actually the skill of the player that adds skills to a robot.

Few more suggestions:

- Lose or prolong the auto deletion period for bots .. make it 3 months or so

- Make it possible to have more flexibility to combine weapons, Example: Razors on front and razors on back. Make a different tower/added space system to make this possible. More combo's: more fun
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

PostSubject: Re: I am reviving this game.   I am reviving this game. EmptyThu May 03, 2012 1:41 am

Just came to my mind if player had razors on front and on back, situation would be like this:
Player looks at the screen and sees "Razor discs - activate with Z" and "Razor discs - activate with X", then he would mistakenly press the wrong button shooting himself if he had a wall behind him. Just a thought...lol
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: I am reviving this game.   I am reviving this game. EmptyThu May 03, 2012 2:24 am

jork wrote:
Just came to my mind if player had razors on front and on back, situation would be like this:
Player looks at the screen and sees "Razor discs - activate with Z" and "Razor discs - activate with X", then he would mistakenly press the wrong button shooting himself if he had a wall behind him. Just a thought...lol

Lmao

Razors front: Z

Razors back: X ?

but offcourse this is only for the really smart people who know the difference between front and back lol Smile
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

PostSubject: Re: I am reviving this game.   I am reviving this game. EmptyThu May 03, 2012 9:49 am

Try and remember it in the heat of battle, there are some that mix the buttons even with different weapons, for example those with razors/flames/spears, but those are usually moneyhackers that do that.
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: I am reviving this game.   I am reviving this game. EmptyThu May 03, 2012 11:10 pm

That's why this new game will be called skilz rage Smile lol
Back to top Go down
Noobface
Extreme Forummer
Noobface

PostSubject: Re: I am reviving this game.   I am reviving this game. EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 8:48 pm

Distroyer2 wrote:
Are you able to create any new weapons or a a new battle arena? Show us what you can do and then I'll believe this isn't just another scam...
Hosting game files on private server would be good start, have you got any ideas how to edit dcr files or create new ones to replace old ones?
Or maybe you want to change game programming type at all...
I believe it was made using lingo not java btw...

I think he crapped his pants when he found out that someone knows that they are talking about here.

or

He is crying that he was wrong about java's being used in RR.

Either way, the guy has not replied in more than a month.
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: I am reviving this game.   I am reviving this game. EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 10:36 pm

You seem to know a lot about this guy... which leads me to believe that YOU ARE HIM! JK but yea he probably isn't reviving this game...
Back to top Go down
Noobface
Extreme Forummer
Noobface

PostSubject: Re: I am reviving this game.   I am reviving this game. EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 12:02 am

I had to change my pants 31 days ago if you know what I'm saying Wink Wink.

(jk)
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: I am reviving this game.   I am reviving this game. EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 2:16 am

hmmmmmmmmmmm
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: I am reviving this game.   I am reviving this game. EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 2:40 pm

lol coejoe please stay in touch with us more often.. we're desperate for some humor here!
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: I am reviving this game.   I am reviving this game. EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 5:19 pm

alonalon hello ? houston are we reaching ?

Hmm who would make up a name like alon alon ..
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: I am reviving this game.   I am reviving this game. EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 5:37 pm

maybe Mr.Alon Von Alonson?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I am reviving this game.   I am reviving this game. Empty

Back to top Go down

I am reviving this game.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next