Robot Rage Survivors Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

robot rage survivors rr2 rearmed

HomeLatest imagesRR ChatRegisterLog in

IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here

Go down 
+7
Carl
Noobface
TRC
jork
digit
TheHat
2D4
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here - Page 9 EmptyTue May 22, 2012 12:56 am

iN GOD I TRUST™ wrote:
After an infant dies they go to live in eternal paradise since they cannot be judged by their actions due to their lack of understanding, the same thing can be said for severely retarded humans... I think they'd take it rather than risk it on another life by having a "rematch".

Everything recycles? My wooden chair turns back into a tree? My walls turn back into bricks? Must I go on? Things that are created do not get re-created. A soul is something created by God and will not be recreated ever again. (BTW my left toenail is definitely NOT part of anything besides my body some of the genes from my parents)

Of course humans learn the same thing, but they build upon it. Do you crawl before you walk? Do you have to create the wheel before the car? Sheesh! Must I go on?

I wouldn't know, I am saying it is the same principal. I have never stated that I had tried either. I clearly stated that is was an analogy not completely the same. Both are non-credible resources that suggest stuff that are in direct violation of the Bible, and that's all I need to know.

If you would have actually studied my post you would have seen that I did NOT post anything about Him coming down in the same BODY but as the same PERSON. You claim people keep their souls yet become different people, when Jesus comes again he will be the same person(not necessarily body) with the same soul.

Okay, I believe that too .. they do not get judged. But there is no purpose either .. no direction, no aim and no usefullness for this life, or any life, since it's just one life on earth, and it doesn't add anything to anything. I see all life being soaked with purpose, strive and evolution , so I don't buy it. Human life must have a purpose too. Living one life and then waiting until the end of times to be judged on that one experience, it doesn't seem credible.

Yes, things get recreated .. do you think the molecules and matter of wich your sneakers are made up of are brand new ? ALL matter here on earth is billions of years old, so it's easy to claim they have likely been a plant and some type of animal at one point. I didn't say your toenail is part of something - if you studied my post , lol - I said, it was something else once upon a time.

As I said, doing a past life regression is a very different thing. There is no one telling you or suggesting to you what to believe, there is no blaming anyone else too, afterwards. It's all just things that come up for you. Just saying, it's not the same as fortune telling. I think to reject something just because it's not in the bible is a SILLY thing to do. The bible is a book made up of other books and those books were chosen by our so called early church leaders - romans - that means, fallible and opinionated men, not god and they left out a lot of very significant scriptures too ! It is also kind of easy to stop thinking for yourself and just say, God decided for me ..

I did study your post .. and you were not quite clear on the jesus story, that's why i asked right. Okay so, he comes back as the same person, the same soul, but in another body, that will possibly look like the body he used to have. Well, that pretty damn much sounds like reincarnation to me !! Note: If my soul comes back in another time and in a new body what am I doing ?? I am reincarnating ! that's right

Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here - Page 9 EmptyTue May 22, 2012 9:13 pm

If you are indeed a Christian your purpose is to please God in all you do. If he decided to have you die at an early age it was his plan, it was not for us to decide.

ok... your logic at the recreation thing doesn't make sense to me so I guess I won't respond...

My analogy with the fortune teller was just an illustration, not my main point. My point was that they are both questionable and did not go along with the Bible...

I do not reject reincarnation JUST because its not in the bible. I reject it because I have not seen it or felt it (unlike the love of God which I have felt). I reject it because it makes no sense. Why would we live multiple lives? There is no advantage. Life would work just as well without it. We can still learn without it. There is one soul appointed to one body. Why would you recycle souls? Souls are not recyclable. When do we stop reincarnating? Do we stop? What happens when the Earth is destroyed? How is our new body determined? NONE OF THIS MAKES SENSE! I should just as soon assume that we are living in a very advanced multi-player video game...
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here - Page 9 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 12:58 am

Hey, you never heard me say it wouldn't be god's plan that what ever happens .. it wasn't an objection to the fact a child dies young, but to what the purpose is and what happens afterwards.

I guess I can't really respond to a response you don't make .. so I have to refrain from responding here. I do see that in your line of reasoning you make real good sense, Offcourse you ought to be right.

You reject it because you have never seen or felt it, hmm well I don't think that's a very logical reason to reject something. You also oppose these ideas to God. In my mind they go together very well. It also doesn't make a lot of sense to compare the love of god to a thing like reincarnation, reincarnation is an event .. not a deity .. Why would souls be recycled?, well bodies are ! so why not souls ? even though the souls do not fall apart offcourse. I want you to considder that even though our soul is born again in a new body at one point. It is not "we" that are born again. It is your soul clothed in a completely new identity .. so it's not actually YOU as you know yourself right now. The questions you are asking at that point in your post are very valid (yet not simple).

If you want to find some answers, here is the pdf of a book I am reading atm. I found it on my fathers bookshelf. Hope you find it usefull.

The first principles of theosophy
http://www.elucisashram.ca/resources/The%20First%20Principles%20of%20TheosophyJinarasjadasa.pdf

I am not the least interrested in convincing anyone of anything okay .. how would that serve me in any way ? It is all just great stuff to try to make sense of and talk about. I guess it comes down to a simple question .. what is the purpose of (our) life ? Is it to learn, to evolve or is it to please God ? Or .. is it both ??! So don't take my word for it. It is all just food for thought.
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here - Page 9 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 9:11 pm

Bodies decay... they don't change from one body to another instantly after one dies... unless your suggesting that souls die? It just seems all to impractical...

The purpose of your own life is what you want it to be... If you want to dedicate yourself to learning that is your purpose, if you want to invent the first ladder to the moon that is your purpose, but if you want to do your true purpose I would suggest doing God's purpose.

No offense, but I'm not going to spend my time reading all of that. But after you finish I wouldn't mind a summary rabbit
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here - Page 9 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 10:46 pm

I am not going to argue here but you know perfectly well that the molecules of a decayed body can be absorbed by plants, eaten and become part of another body.

The purpose you talk about is not a reason to live just one life. More lives, more purpose Smile

I can understand that. I will see if I can summarise what I understand of it, if the request is serious offcourse and no rotten tomatoes please.
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here - Page 9 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 11:05 pm

Ah, but as i recall you asked for the purpose of life, not lives... LOL
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here - Page 9 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 11:25 pm

iN GOD I TRUST™ wrote:
Ah, but as i recall you asked for the purpose of life, not lives... LOL

ahaha good point ! and as it happens, we can only live one life at a time
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here - Page 9 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 12:21 pm

2D4 wrote:
ahaha good point ! and as it happens, we can only live one life at a time
If you chop a worm in few pieces they will eventually live, like most of the parts because worm has many hearts and even if separated it will continue living and growing, but it's the same worm, now when chopped in two, is it still living just one life at a time?
Back to top Go down
http://rrlobbychat.com
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here - Page 9 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 4:29 pm

Just because a worm can live two lives at a time .. does that mean we can ? Smile I miss the point here, it is obvious we can't. Now I did read something about human and animal souls doing something similar as jork describes (in the book I gave the link of) If you are interrested to know check the chapter on reincarnation.
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here - Page 9 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 6:31 pm

It is also obvious that a soul can't be recycled
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here - Page 9 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 11:09 pm

I didn't mean to say anything bad about jorks remark, it was true and witty and no igit that is not obvious (to me) lol
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here - Page 9 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 1:25 am

2D4 wrote:
Just because a worm can live two lives at a time .. does that mean we can ? Smile I miss the point here, it is obvious we can't.
I don't see a difference here, a living creature is a living creature, I don't believe in reincarnation because soul doesn't exist imo.
In nature everything is in movement, something that once was dinosaurs leg could be some cat right now, if you see my point...and what is soul, you can't touch it, you can't see it, you can't smell it and so on, how does that prove that it exists? Sorry if I sound somewhat contradictory it's just that I get this opinion from what I study atm. Oh, and God...so fake... Who made the God then? - People did. Who made people? - Evolution.
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here - Page 9 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 1:59 am

The difference is that only worms can do that, no other animals, that's all. Offcourse you could say that about the soul .. or god. But can you say love doesn't exist ? maybe you can, but then why are people talking about this stuff all the time ? they must all be crazy, for ages. It feels to me as if we are fish, discussing what is possibly outside the fishbowl .. a strange sensation. It seems we don't know.
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here - Page 9 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 11:04 am

No, love does exist...in a very odd way. Read the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here - Page 9 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 10:29 pm

I know what you mean, but I dare to say that the truth is, we as humans now understand things we never did before and in the future we will understand things we never imagined to be possible. This explanation of love is the shallow surface appearance of love. Just as science now knows that there are ranges or spectra of tones or vibrations we can't perceive, such as colors we do not know because we can't see them with our human eye, in the same way all matter exists of even finer matter and taking those apart we find oscillating energy, so matter is energy, behaving as matter. There are a lot of things so subtle we cannot prove or measure them, one of them is love. You can take this chemical composition and feel loved for a moment, but it is not the same as the real deal.
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here - Page 9 EmptySat May 26, 2012 1:03 am

Yeah, but what can you do to me now, I'm kinda getting into science right now and that's where I try to find an explanation to everything. To each his own.
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here - Page 9 EmptySat May 26, 2012 1:57 am

I can do nothing to you and I don't want to either Smile trust me. It's not that science is wrong, science is right when taken in the right context but it can't explain everything, even more so because science is still premature, it must become more advanced then it is today. But I suppose you are right, that is only my opinion. To each his own !

If you like science, take a look at the ebook I posted a few messages back, you will not be disappointed. Check the latter parts, where it gets real scientific

http://www.elucisashram.ca/resources/The%20First%20Principles%20of%20TheosophyJinarasjadasa.pdf
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here - Page 9 EmptySat May 26, 2012 4:39 pm

IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here - Page 9 J7Rff
Saw this on facebook
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here - Page 9 EmptySat May 26, 2012 8:56 pm

lol "I saw this one facebook" sorry... but that doesn't mean its a fact... (not saying it isn't)

Jork contradiction is what this thread is all about Razz
God fake? ok... maybe (I completely disagree) but I can say the same thing about evolution...
evolution is one of the fakest things I've ever heard... things deteriorate over time, they do not get better. That is a scientific LAW, whereas evolution is just a THEORY. The only thing evolving today is technology, and thats the only reason humans are living longer then before, not because of evolution.
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here - Page 9 EmptySat May 26, 2012 11:59 pm

iN GOD I TRUST™ wrote:
lol "I saw this one facebook" sorry... but that doesn't mean its a fact... (not saying it isn't)

God fake? ok... maybe (I completely disagree) but I can say the same thing about evolution...
evolution is one of the fakest things I've ever heard... things deteriorate over time, they do not get better. That is a scientific LAW, whereas evolution is just a THEORY. The only thing evolving today is technology, and thats the only reason humans are living longer then before, not because of evolution.

Really, it is all good for me .. but what I do not get is why you keep opposing things habitually without considering they may both be true and not in conflict. Now God has to be fake OR evolution has to be, it's a contest. But what if they are both true ? or both just ideas that humans made up. Evolution doesn't oppose anything in the bible anyway, we now know that a biblical year is 1000 years.

So everything falls apart except god and technology, lol Evolution a theory, right, what about darwin ?.. but what is evolution., human evolution in this case, and you say it is not the reason people live longer but I have to point out that ALL technology is a part of human evolution. As the human changed, his brain became larger and he started using it more too. This lead to science and technology, so where is technology without human evolution ? No where.

ps. It is a good text isn't it :0 I don't know
either what exactly is true, I do know that he is
right, we see only a small part of the full range
of color spectrums. There are animals who see
other colors, we do not comprehend.
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here - Page 9 EmptySun May 27, 2012 1:22 am

iN GOD I TRUST™ wrote:

I see your point, now go say that to my English teacher...I really hate studying EVOLUTION since I don't believe in it completely, it has many "if" situations and is based on assumptions. The thing I am trying to say is I don't have a choice of to study it or not whether I believe it or not, now go say that the thing I'm saying here is not brainwashing. Ok, maybe I was too harsh saying God is fake, that's only my opinion anyway, another brainwashing situation which just was discovered so that some lazy asses would get to live for doing almost nothing. Oh, yes, the main goal is to trick the person that he needs to believe in something so he would have a goal to serve to someone standing high above his level, why do some people practically swim in money and others die because of starvation? Now go tell me that everyone is equal. Don't say God is real, I won't believe that, once I die, my body will be taken care of Mother Earth and I will live as long as it lasts, I have lived all the way through till this day to be able to express myself after and before the long period of silence. God didn't make all this...it was just an accident, we are lucky to live because all things that were needed to create life happened. Technology, that's one of the things that of course makes life longer, but that's just one side of it, if we look at the other side Earth gets overpopulated and every population has a critical point, now watch the technology help to reach it faster. More people on this world just means more pollution, faster use of resources. Earth will not last long, that's for sure, that's not my opinion, that's a fact.
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here - Page 9 EmptySun May 27, 2012 2:05 am

@2D4 Dude... learning is not proof of evolution... I told you earlier! You think if evolution stopped existing that humans would stop learning? Nonsense!

yes... i suppose it is an interesting text... pig

@Jork I feel sorry for you man... not because you say Christianity/Religion is a bunch of crap but because you have so misunderstood what is really is. Christians do not try to "trick" others, they truly believe the are helping them. Christians should not look for a purpose in this life, for they know that it is only temporary so they aren't "tricking" them only to have that goal in life. Why do some people have good lives and others not? How would you have it? Everyone "happy" with a lot of money to blow on anything they want? That would bring no one happiness. Would you like it if everyone was starving? Of course not. But for life to go on there must also be death, otherwise the Earth would overpopulate just like you said. And you say this life is an accident and you think that it is impossible for God to exist? Suspect Do you know how "impossible" it would be for all of this to happen by accident? Now how possible would it be if there was a supernatural being that created us? 100% possible...

P.S. no none ever said anything about technology being a good thing...
Back to top Go down
TheHat
H€®Ø
TheHat

PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here - Page 9 EmptySun May 27, 2012 3:00 am

whats the point of religion if no one agrees with anyone? would anyone really change their opinion if i said god is a lie?
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here - Page 9 EmptySun May 27, 2012 4:03 am

iN GOD I TRUST™ wrote:
@2D4 Dude... learning is not proof of evolution... I told you earlier! You think if evolution stopped existing that humans would stop learning? Nonsense!

You didn't notice we have a rather unnatural large amount of brain tissue in an oversized skull ? That brain grew over time, it was evolution and that is how we dominated every other species here, not saying that is a good thing .. 4 out of ten women died giving birth in the middle ages, that was because the brain grew too quickly for the female reproductive system to adjust. But there are more examples of evolution, it's a proven fact animals also change and adopt. The brain is just another tool .. like peacocks have feathers .. and show them off to the females, some scientists claim that the brain is also a courting requisit, the smarter males know the funny jokes to charm the women Smile It's a sad to say but right now we are the pinnacle of evolution on earth.

There has to be a purpose for life, I don't buy the idea that it is all random. I agree that there is no love and fair sharing on this world. It is wrong to excuse this by saying , the world would be too full of people if they all had what they wanted and lived a happy life. It is even factually wrong, because facts show that birth rates are ten times higher in the poorest countries on earth, as we know in africa and india. If you ask me this life is also a test and we are tested in many unpleasant ways. because the truth is, if we all shared equally, there is more than enough to go around. No one would have to live in poverty but a select few screw it up for the rest and they take half of the world. I do not think god has anything to do with that, perhaps the bible is right and there is a lesser god, making a mess of what was a good plan from the start. You know what I mean by this lesser god .. and if you don't use your imagination
Back to top Go down
TheHat
H€®Ø
TheHat

PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here - Page 9 EmptySun May 27, 2012 8:05 pm

2D4 wrote:
the smarter males know the funny jokes to charm the women Smile

Then why dont I have a girlfriend D:

(just a joke, dont get angry about my ego problems)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here
Page 9 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next