Robot Rage Survivors Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

robot rage survivors rr2 rearmed

HomeLatest imagesRR ChatRegisterLog in

Tips & Tricks for the ordinary player

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

Tips & Tricks for the ordinary player Empty
PostSubject: Tips & Tricks for the ordinary player   Tips & Tricks for the ordinary player EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 3:33 am

This is a copy from the post I made in the MC Forum on Setups and Tricks.

Bob Satler
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Bob Satler
Add Bob Satler to Your Buddy List
Yesterday, 03:59 AM #200
2D4
Newcomer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My regular setup: Small chassis / Large (!) engine deluxe / big wheels / dagger / 2 alkalines / razors (rear) or nails.

Thanks for the very good and extensive list of tricks Mozoid ! impressive work.My contributions are Poorman's player tricks, for those that have no money, and for beginners

TIPS & TRICKS FOR THE NEWBEE RAGER
(The ticks and trips follow later)

The Nail trick™
I discovered this trick in the earliest days before RR rearmed so I assume I invented it but someone else may also have.What you do is go somewhere on the roof that is not too close to a wall and stand perfectly still, drop all the nails (don't move) and keep still.All the nails are now hidden under your chassis in 1 large deadly invisible nail and your opponent will come to attack you, he runs you over, into the deadly nail , damage: a lot.If he's not already dead ,use the nail as a defense to hide behind.

Trapped Razors Trick™
Make sure you drive straight ahead from your starting position, do not deviate to left or right and have razors attached to your rear end.as you approach the wall in front of you, shoot all the razors away fast and right before you are about to hit the wall, turn right and stop.The razors are now bouncing back and forth between the walls and make a great defense line.If someone attacks you he will run into your bot that is pushed against the wall on the right and at that point all the razors smash into him from his right side, becouse he is in the line of razor-fire.Believe me: it works, people don't even think before they attack.You can escape your safe-zone by running at the right moment, when the razors just left your part of the wall but you have to time it right or you will die instantly.This trick takes a little practise, don't give up just yet.

Off the roof trick
Last resort tactics to win when you have no weapons:
Drive very close to the edge of the roof and pull away right before your opponent runs into you, he falls of.Also: when being chased, drive near the roof edge and run circles, if ur lucky he drives too far and falls off.

Firepit Frame Tactic
Use the firepit as a defense to hide behind , do not attack but let your opponent chase you, run circles around the pit, let him get close but not quite touch you, in his attempt to hit you he will run too close to the fire and lose his armor, then finish him off.

Save one Spear
Always save 1 spear to use as a dagger,(it does slightly more damage then a dagger) and as a last shot to waste your enemy.

Get more inside your chassis
If you don't have enough space to get things like for instance a Large engine deluxe inside your chassis, buy a large tower and cramm it all inside, take the tower off and the stuff stays inside the chassis.

Take Deluxe
Avoid normal engines at all cost .. they are slow, use up too much battery and take up too much space inside the chassis.Start with a small engine deluxe as soon as you have the cash.

Batteries
Buy alkaline batteries, they take up less space inside the chassis and they last longer, you can put as much as 2 alkaline batteries in your robot.

*Will edit as soon as something else comes to mind
GOOD LUCK !

The past just isn't what it used to be

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tips & Tricks for the ordinary player   Tips & Tricks for the ordinary player EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 6:10 pm

I am glad to see them here, since I never go on MD Forums (since I was banned for complementing someone.). Well, when you told me to read it I only read the 1st paragraph. Now I will read all of them.

Thanks again for posting them here, pffft I probably would of if you didn't! Lol!
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

PostSubject: Re: Tips & Tricks for the ordinary player   Tips & Tricks for the ordinary player EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 4:07 pm

That's the best stuff I've seen in a while, very helpful for the begginers.
Back to top Go down
http://rrlobbychat.com

PostSubject: Re: Tips & Tricks for the ordinary player   Tips & Tricks for the ordinary player EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 6:15 pm

How did you change your name? It is in Chinese or something now.
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

PostSubject: Re: Tips & Tricks for the ordinary player   Tips & Tricks for the ordinary player EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 8:10 pm

The question isn't how but why.
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: Tips & Tricks for the ordinary player   Tips & Tricks for the ordinary player EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 8:52 pm

The questions in question are not, how or why but what ? what does it say in chinese ? is it a tapeworm ? a tiny snake ? the symbol for infinity ? Latvian lightning ? an S that has dozed off and tumbled to it's side ?
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: Tips & Tricks for the ordinary player   Tips & Tricks for the ordinary player EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 8:53 pm

~ wrote:
That's the best stuff I've seen in a while, very helpful for the begginers.

Thanks Jork
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tips & Tricks for the ordinary player   Tips & Tricks for the ordinary player EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 9:35 pm

Well, I think he hacked that. I don't see or know a way how to change your name. And you didn't answer my question, unless you don't want to be known as a hacker.
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: Tips & Tricks for the ordinary player   Tips & Tricks for the ordinary player EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 10:31 pm

According to you everyone is a hacker ... latest news: I also have an army of hacked superbots, they dance the polka and drink vodka on the roof and after that they all sit down together and watch an episode of "friends"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tips & Tricks for the ordinary player   Tips & Tricks for the ordinary player EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 2:19 am

Everything to you is TV & videogames (no offense)!
In my opinion I don't think AG was a hacker. AG is
not a hacker! Jork is a hacker. He ruined RR by scaring
away all the new noobs with his "ok because i earned it"
bots. He can't lose! Except for when he isn't on when he
goes on his losing-bot to benifit from that also!

So, sorry if I say everyone is a hacker! Because
most people are, except AMERICAN GIRL!
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: Tips & Tricks for the ordinary player   Tips & Tricks for the ordinary player EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 2:22 am

Coejoe wrote:

What makes you such a fan of AG ? dont u know she made them ban you from MC ? If AG is not a hacker I will eat my socks ! with a mayonaise topping .. yumm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tips & Tricks for the ordinary player   Tips & Tricks for the ordinary player EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 2:29 am

2D4 wrote:
Coejoe wrote:

What makes you such a fan of AG ? dont u know she made them ban you from MC ? If AG is not a hacker I will eat my socks ! with a mayonaise topping .. yumm

1) I am a fan of AMERICAN GIRL because she is awesome and hasn't hacked a single bot!
She should be a role-model to all of you!

2) She didn't make them ban me from MC! It was Spike16 when I gave him a complement!
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: Tips & Tricks for the ordinary player   Tips & Tricks for the ordinary player EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 2:34 am

She has them all in her wide pockets .. she owns them all, don't be foolish.I don't know her too well but I have seen enough not to believe she is the virgin Mary of Robot Rage .. If you must make an icon out of someone take me as an example Smile Just a few words: Skillfull / Intelligent / Modest / One the oldest players around / genuinly altruistic / Funny / did I mention modest ?
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

PostSubject: Re: Tips & Tricks for the ordinary player   Tips & Tricks for the ordinary player EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 10:26 pm

Blah blah this, blah blah that, stop blah blahing please.
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: Tips & Tricks for the ordinary player   Tips & Tricks for the ordinary player EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 12:54 am

I thought my post was kind of funny .. geez
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tips & Tricks for the ordinary player   Tips & Tricks for the ordinary player EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 12:35 am

Why do you always need the last word, 2D4!?
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: Tips & Tricks for the ordinary player   Tips & Tricks for the ordinary player EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 2:14 pm

How random igit .. stay out of it please, or come back when you have a clue what we are talking about.And Jork, you can also shove it where the sun never shines
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: Tips & Tricks for the ordinary player   Tips & Tricks for the ordinary player EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 9:10 pm

That is lGlT to you. I am IGIT. Coejoe changed his name to lN GOD l TRUST. perhaps if they were all in capitol letters you would understand, LN GOD L TRUST.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tips & Tricks for the ordinary player   Tips & Tricks for the ordinary player EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 9:30 pm

lol!

he fell for it
srry
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

PostSubject: Re: Tips & Tricks for the ordinary player   Tips & Tricks for the ordinary player EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 4:03 pm

2D4 wrote:
How random igit .. stay out of it please, or come back when you have a clue what we are talking about.And Jork, you can also shove it where the sun never shines

What the hell is wrong with you, I was talking about Coejoe blah blahing...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tips & Tricks for the ordinary player   Tips & Tricks for the ordinary player EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 3:02 am

What?
ugh!
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: Tips & Tricks for the ordinary player   Tips & Tricks for the ordinary player EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 11:42 pm

Sorry for that, I got all the posts and answers messed up Sad my apologies [IGIT,JORK]
Back to top Go down
TheHatterr
Sea Scumb

PostSubject: Re: Tips & Tricks for the ordinary player   Tips & Tricks for the ordinary player EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 3:43 am

Those helped. 2D4, if you ever sign up for wolfys forum, that should be your first post Smile
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: Tips & Tricks for the ordinary player   Tips & Tricks for the ordinary player EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 2:12 am

Thanks Smile

It was also a bit to brag .. the nail trick and the trapped razors trick are my own inventions.You know me, huge ego sometimes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tips & Tricks for the ordinary player   Tips & Tricks for the ordinary player Empty

Back to top Go down

Tips & Tricks for the ordinary player
Page 1 of 1