Robot Rage Survivors Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

robot rage survivors rr2 rearmed

HomeLatest imagesRR ChatRegisterLog in

Testers for RR3

Go down 
+5
digit
2D4
RageTester
jork
missmorris
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
RageTester
Chat Owner
RageTester

Testers for RR3 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testers for RR3   Testers for RR3 - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 1:24 pm

In games like 8ball poll only one of players takes action at a time, RR needs way different system, because all players do things at once and so we get the lag, lag could be reduced by removing robots being flippable and the shadows from the game...
Robots moving at different speeds is a serious issue, dunno why, but everyone says imma faster then them, my lag number is usually under 200, that I understand is time in milliseconds it takes server to receive actions I make from my computer, still I have no idea how ping difference could change my robot speed...

Also guest numbers keep skipping a lot
199 didn't change to 200, but to 1100 instead and today 1999 changed to 11k...
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: Testers for RR3   Testers for RR3 - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 5:19 pm

Well my opinion is that everyone should send their opinion to Miniclip, no matter if it is bad. In this case it is better to send 20 different stories by 20 people that are not perfect than to send one email everyone agrees on, because by the time everyone agrees Miniclip will have made us a RR game so bad .. that the word 'fun' will be stricken from your memory bank, it is good to post but it is better to send those posts to the email MissMorris gave us, sooner than later.

missmorris wrote:
As you all know, we are currently developing a new version of Robot Rage.

If you are interested in helping us to make this game awesome, please email me at social@miniclip.com.

Cheers,

missmorris

Distroyer, why is lag a bigger problem when playing battles with more than 2 robots ? In battles between 2 people there were also lags as we know, but it wasn't a problem.
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: email to Missmorris - sorry for doublepost -    Testers for RR3 - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 7:26 pm

This is my email to MissMorris, sorry for the doublepost

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hello MissMorris

I played your beta RR3 and I have to say, it was underwhelming. I am not sure if you have the possibility to rebuild and adjust RR rearmed (our last working RR) or if copyright issues prevent you from using that as the blueprint (I have asked you this in my last email but I had no answer so far) but I recommend you use Robot Rage Rearmed from Raketspel as the outline of your new RR. I will try to summarize what is wrong with this one and what should be done but it is too long a list of bad things and that's why I say: Use our version as your starting point and you have 75% of the issues handled.

COMMENTS

Spoiler:

SUGGESTIONS
Spoiler:

SUMMARY

Comparing the new beta to RRR it seems the Robot Rage we used to have is just really good isn't it .. it makes me appreciate it even more now it's gone and I have been playing it for years. basically it's just a winner, and you would do well to use that version as the basis for a RR3 revival. Perhaps see if you can get in touch with the guys that updated RR1 to RR2 ? When so many people come came back again and again to try to play RR telling us they miss the game (I am saying trying to play.. the lobby connection system prevented anyone from actually having a battle, so make sure you get that handled) as you can see here, taken a few weeks ago
Spoiler:
That means you have a winner and all you have to do is enhance and improve the game to have a garanteed succes. Do's and Don'ts

DO'S

Spoiler:

DON'T's

Spoiler:

Quoting the part of this message that sais it best: "accuracy over adventure .. Please do not make us a bloodless, boring version of RR where every lag is eliminated, at the expense of the feeling of speed, action, anger and violent collision. They game is called RAGE, never forget that"

If I get any more ideas, I will send them your way.

Good luck !

2D4

Last edited by 2D4 on Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: Testers for RR3   Testers for RR3 - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 7:52 pm

Great job guys. Here are a few of my suggestions...

1. Go 100%, if you want anyone to like this game you cannot settle for OK. This is supposed to be a replacement for rearmed, and therefore you must set your standards high because ours already are. Remember us! Keep it as close to Rearmed as possible.

2. Ditch the music. Focus more on sound effects that will really bring the robots and their surroundings alive. If you can accomplish that, music will not be necessary.

3. Research what you're doing. The lag is a HUGE problem, and ironically enough, it is a lot worse than the connection issues in Rearmed. Look for good solutions for bad problems, don't just ignore the whole thing and leave it there to rot as Rearmed's problems were.

4. As an artist this pains me to say, but I'm OK with the design as long as the game-play is stellar! STELLAR! As of now, the game-play is not stellar and neither is the design, but if it has to be only one, go for the game-play. Make a game you would actually want to play.

5. Make the interface as similar to Rearmed as possible; including: a garage, a lobby, a paintshop, a workshop, and so on.
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: Testers for RR3   Testers for RR3 - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 8:12 pm

I agree with you on so manyh things, but I few I really do not.

I do not agree the lag problem is bigger than the connection problem. if people cannot connect to play a game they will never experience any lag ! problem solved ! Smile

I understand why you say this but you will regret playing this game with the snoopyfied fail R2D2 lookalike wannabe robo, even if the rest is stellar and my question to you is, would you be willing to make some free optional designs and send them to Miniclip ? I think they can use the ideas. I would prefer if you get payed offcourse !!

Can I copy and send your ideas to MissMorris, IGIT and Noobface ? I asume you haven't yet. If you do not respond I will take that as yes
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: Testers for RR3   Testers for RR3 - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 8:18 pm

I am fine with you sending my ideas to MissMorris and I would also be fine with sending some designs to Miniclip if I had a guarantee that they would be used or considered.

Lag is basically a connection problem IMO, so what I was saying was that RR3's lag is a lot worse than any lag that I have experienced in Rearmed. And I cannot, in fact, connect to everyone. I have not been able to connect to Distroyer due to many freezes and crashes of the game. In Rearmed I could easily battle Distroyer, but in RR3? No... It is strange, but that's how it is. Razz
Back to top Go down
x-best-x
Sea Scumb

PostSubject: Re: Testers for RR3   Testers for RR3 - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 8:31 pm

finally decided to join forums
anyway as for rr3 for me it has extremely bad lag as in my last game it went up to 3756 lag and once it has been at 5000 lag
so the main problem for me is lag.
also robot design is not very robot-ish and would be better if looked like RR
i think this game could be good if they made more rr-like design
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: Testers for RR3   Testers for RR3 - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 8:36 pm

Hey, best. Nice to see you on the forums.

I agree with the lag problem. It's just terrible! I wonder how the whole setup is connected. Hopefully Miniclip will have some better servers connected once its out of its BETA stage?
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: Testers for RR3   Testers for RR3 - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 8:37 pm

Welcome X best ! good of you to join, in this time of new expectations.

Good summary, I will send that to Miss morris also, offcourse you can do it too, the email is on the previous page.

When you put it like that, you are completely right IGIT, and perhaps we should ask Missmorris if she will at least considder your designs . igit will be happy to send them to you
Back to top Go down
Noobface
Extreme Forummer
Noobface

PostSubject: Re: Testers for RR3   Testers for RR3 - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 4:04 am

Could you send mine to missmoris? I don't like e-mailing strangers heeheh
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: Testers for RR3   Testers for RR3 - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 7:27 pm

Yea same... please 2D4! Razz
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: Testers for RR3   Testers for RR3 - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 7:30 pm

I can but .. I have not heard anything of Missmorris is days. maybe it's better to wait until she responds, or she will think i am harrasing her Smile
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: Testers for RR3   Testers for RR3 - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 8:08 pm

Testers for RR3 - Page 2 Fixit10
Shocked Sad
Back to top Go down
RageTester
Chat Owner
RageTester

PostSubject: Re: Testers for RR3   Testers for RR3 - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 12:07 pm

Hope they have not given up, not having information is killing me... I e-mailed that social@miniclip.com let's hope someone checks the mail.
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: Testers for RR3   Testers for RR3 - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 8:06 pm

I agree... at least their long absence may mean a lot of changes...
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: Testers for RR3   Testers for RR3 - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 10:49 pm

I agree, it would be nice of them to drop a line here to know if anything is going on. I hope they will !
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: Testers for RR3   Testers for RR3 - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 11:16 pm

Email to Miss morris,

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
stunt
Sea Scumb

PostSubject: Re: Testers for RR3   Testers for RR3 - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 3:01 am

new version looks terrilbe, make the map the same as the old game. just update weapons, graphics a little bit, and armor etc. EVERYONE loved the old one, everything about it was great, thank you. -stunt
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: Testers for RR3   Testers for RR3 - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 3:19 am

any new developments since we last heard from Missmorris ??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Testers for RR3   Testers for RR3 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Testers for RR3
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2