Robot Rage Survivors Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

robot rage survivors rr2 rearmed

HomeLatest imagesRR ChatRegisterLog in

Testers for RR3

Go down 
+5
digit
2D4
RageTester
jork
missmorris
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
missmorris
SilentBay Representative

Testers for RR3 Empty
PostSubject: Testers for RR3   Testers for RR3 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 12:21 pm

As you all know, we are currently developing a new version of Robot Rage. I would like to stress that the game you have been playing so far is a prototype and the developers are still working on the game.

We would love to hear all of your constructive feedback and suggestions for the game, and also have a proper conversation with you about the game. If you're in London and available, we would also love you to come into our offices and play the game with us!

If you are interested in helping us to make this game awesome, please email me at social@miniclip.com.

Cheers,

missmorris
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

Testers for RR3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testers for RR3   Testers for RR3 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 1:23 pm

I miss RR Sad
Back to top Go down
http://rrlobbychat.com
RageTester
Chat Owner
RageTester

Testers for RR3 Empty
PostSubject: Suggestion list so far   Testers for RR3 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 2:09 pm

I have sent e-mail with exact text to Silentbay some time ago, but I thought repeating it here isn't a bad idea as they haven't responded yet, more suggestions will come, but it's for you to start with:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
RageTester
Chat Owner
RageTester

Testers for RR3 Empty
PostSubject: Bug   Testers for RR3 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 8:42 pm

After winning 3 player match with just 1 hit received I randomly decided to open single player mode and wholaaa, there it was my armour wasn't full...guess you all guys know you can't damage your self in single player mode here...
Sorry for double posting...
Testers for RR3 Memory
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

Testers for RR3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testers for RR3   Testers for RR3 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 10:19 pm

missmorris wrote:
As you all know, we are currently developing a new version of Robot Rage. I would like to stress that the game you have been playing so far is a prototype and the developers are still working on the game.

We would love to hear all of your constructive feedback and suggestions for the game, and also have a proper conversation with you about the game. If you're in London and available, we would also love you to come into our offices and play the game with us!

If you are interested in helping us to make this game awesome, please email me at social@miniclip.com.

Cheers,

missmorris

First of all, WAKE UP GUYS ON THIS FORUM, THIS IS OUR CHANCE TO SEND OUT OUR IDEAS TO MINICLIP ! SO SERIOUSLY, SEND AN EMAIL

Okay, it's great of you to get in touch with us MissMorris, how did you find us ? I have been on the phone with the director of Raketspel a few weeks ago, maybe he relayed the idea to post a message here to you ? You are working for miniclip, may I ask who you will be making the new RR with, Raketspel or with Silentbay ? or is Silentbay a subdivision of Miniclip ?

Either way, thank you and I will be sending you my feedback and ideas for Robotrage.

Last question, the "prototype" we have been playing, by that you mean the RR3 game by Silentbay ? It is not at all like the Robot Rage we are used to and frankly, it may be more like the original robot battle program on TV but it is not a lot of fun. With Robot Rage Rearmed you basically had a winner, and it is still popular, the main reason for it dying was a lobby with bad connections (no games) and superpacks hacks, so it made no money for you guys.

Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

Testers for RR3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testers for RR3   Testers for RR3 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 10:26 pm

I'd just like to say this, if you think that the prototype is getting us hyped for the final product you are sadly mistaken. At this point I'd take the wall/fence connection over this connection any day of the week. If you don't know what I mean by wall/fence then you should probably not be making a new "RR"...
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

Testers for RR3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testers for RR3   Testers for RR3 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 10:27 pm

Chill man Smile and send it to her .. she gave an emailadress, it is above
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

Testers for RR3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testers for RR3   Testers for RR3 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 10:31 pm

I'm stating facts, and if they can't take facts then why do they want to hear anything? If she posted here and actually cares then she can look back and see what I wrote. I'm not going to "chill" because I'm already chilled, ice cold, to whatever they are doing to RR. As far as I'm concerned it's dead. And SilentBay put the last pink, disfigured nail in the coffin just to make its death seam all the worse.
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

Testers for RR3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testers for RR3   Testers for RR3 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 10:42 pm

Look, she invites us to a constructive conversation and wants our feedback, read her message, surely you can find a way to tell the truth without that negative tone, that's all i am saying
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

Testers for RR3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testers for RR3   Testers for RR3 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 10:48 pm

I appreciate what she's doing here... but I do not appreciate what they are doing to Robot Rage. To me it seems like they don't really care at all what we think, they stripped the game of everything we loved about it and kept some of what we hate and multiplied it (the lag).

What did we love? The controls, the robot chassi, the power ax... (not power hammer the size of a small tower), the arena, the sound FX, the sound... (old RR didn't have or need music), I could go on but it's not worth it.
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

Testers for RR3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testers for RR3   Testers for RR3 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 10:56 pm

but that is just the point !! it IS worth it .. !
They are still making the game, please .. make more extensive notes of all your ideas and complaints and send them to her !
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

Testers for RR3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testers for RR3   Testers for RR3 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 11:08 pm

I am serious, all of us, we all dislike the silentbay version, including me so ..

send your feedback, complaints and ideas to MissMorris social@miniclip.com and let them know ! now is the time ! They may decide to build another kind of Robot rage all together so we as a fan base can and should make the difference and let them know how we feel and what we want.

Excuse my double post
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

Testers for RR3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testers for RR3   Testers for RR3 EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 12:01 am

2D4 wrote:
With Robot Rage Rearmed you basically had a winner, and it is still popular, the main reason for it dying was a lobby with bad connections (no games) and superpacks hacks, so it made no money for you guys.

And there we go, nothing much to fix...actually not that easy, since if they leave it in shockwave it will be an easy target for all the hacks/cheats/glitches/bugs, whatever you call 'em.
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

Testers for RR3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testers for RR3   Testers for RR3 EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 12:17 am

You draw these conclusions too fast .. they are trying to make a new RR (as you can read in the post by MissMorris) maybe they can fix it. All WE can do right now is send our ideas to her, and even if nothing good will come of it, we have nothing to lose, we do not have a RR right now, so people .. start sending your feedback to the miniclip email she gave us
Back to top Go down
RageTester
Chat Owner
RageTester

Testers for RR3 Empty
PostSubject: PM from missmoris   Testers for RR3 EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 8:15 am

Spoiler:

From that I understand that Silentbay has read my pretty long suggestion list, let's hope they start making some changes soon...
Back to top Go down
BEASTY
The Creator
BEASTY

Testers for RR3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testers for RR3   Testers for RR3 EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 10:02 am

thanks B Morris for using us for ideas and feedback, and i apologize if we came at it disrespectfully.

firstly i would suggest that you give people the ability to create an account on the game so that they can have multiple robots and not have to be logged on to there mini clip accounts. i like the way silent bay created the good looking roof top and surrounding back ground, and would suggest redoing the title/logo at the beginning for the game, making it more eye appealing would attract more players and make the title look as good as the goodies you will get inside the game Smile

other ideas..

for battles would be cool to be able to few and continue to watch if you have lost or fallen, maybe from a upper view or behind on of the other players. might be a cool thing to add.

when your robot falls off the rooftop or into a pit i think it should show it fall and hit the ground.

keep ranks, painting, weapons

i would like to bring up that rr before had a huge number of players in its day. and thousands of super weapons were bought. witch must have made them quite a few bucks. if time is spent making this game good. it will have thousands of players once again and could bring cash your way. the great game redone properly. will be the next big thing on miniclip.
Back to top Go down
https://rrsurvivors.forumotion.com
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

Testers for RR3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testers for RR3   Testers for RR3 EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 3:42 pm

Distroyer2 wrote:
Spoiler:

From that I understand that Silentbay has read my pretty long suggestion list, let's hope they start making some changes soon...

Great Distroyer Smile Are you going to join the beta panel ? You are the right person for fine tuning and technical details

Very nice feedback Beasty, many nice ideas I had not even thought off. I am happy about the way things are moving, thanks again Miss Morris. Even if the game turns out very different from for instance my ideas, it is worth much for everyone to know they had a real chance to voice their opinion.
Back to top Go down
RageTester
Chat Owner
RageTester

Testers for RR3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testers for RR3   Testers for RR3 EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 7:19 pm

Another suggestion, showing game logo after each fought battle might get annoying after while, so when you leave the match on rooftop you should return to lobby no to the game loading screen...
I already had other guy complaining about this on our robot rage lobby chat...

About beta panel, I am informed it's not connected with miniclip, what makes me feel better, I have given my e-mail to missmoris and am waiting for invite to accept and so become part of beta panel...
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

Testers for RR3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testers for RR3   Testers for RR3 EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 9:59 pm

Hmm... well, let's hope they can actually fix things up a little. What I'd really like to see is silentbay joining up with Raketspel. And then Raketspel kicking silentbay out of the project... lol. Well the last part is optional... but maybe if someone informed missmorris about raketspel's interest then something could arise.
Back to top Go down
BEASTY
The Creator
BEASTY

Testers for RR3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testers for RR3   Testers for RR3 EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 10:30 pm

There are a few things.... Shocked

Spoiler:

Last edited by BEASTY on Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://rrsurvivors.forumotion.com
RageTester
Chat Owner
RageTester

Testers for RR3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testers for RR3   Testers for RR3 EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 11:33 pm

Some new print screens and idea, I remember why robot rage had "Call it a draw" button now...imagine both or all robots if more than 2 are on roof get flipped or run outta battery and can't move and so damage eachother, it shoudln't be patience game only, till last who doesn't click quit button in that case... add "Call it a draw" button please...
Spoiler:

Last edited by Distroyer2 on Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Noobface
Extreme Forummer
Noobface

Testers for RR3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testers for RR3   Testers for RR3 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 12:25 am

I have recently noticed the game and have found this project
to be a very great success even in such early stages of the
actual game developing. I have enjoyed RobotRage for many
years, and this project you are working on instills hope into
me.

I hope you will take some suggestions:

1 -- Ranking System and Weapons:
-----You would get different weapons according to you wins, rank, or points, etc.
-----This would be more fair, since in the Robot Rage Rearmed, people would deliberately lower their ranks and kill the noobs.

2 -- Different weapons:
-----#1 doesn't matter as much, but to give more fun to the user's experience, adding more weapons, adding a paintshot,
-----adding a training ground (unlike the Robot Rage Rearmed, this would have the ability to have targets, moving or not).
-----Also, I believe that the users would enjoy having a scoreboard. I know that these would make it very similar to RRR,
-----but it is only what the users would like (or my idea of it). I think that many people would try to race to the tops of the
-----scoreboards and have challenges with other players. The points system RRR had was a great one, but I think that you
-----should use a different points system. I think that the more of a Win - Loss ratio you have, the lower the rank you are,
-----or something like that.

3 -- Customizable Painjobs:
-----I know in #1 that I spoke of this, but I wanted to expand on this topic. These paintjobs can distinguish other players'
-----bots and would greatly affect the users' interest. Some people would simply show off their paints, and some may paint
-----and kill, and some may just kill. But, paintjobs are essential for this game's interest levels to get higher. People might
-----have paintjob contests, and people might deem each other the paintjob (PJ) boss.

4 -- Tournaments:
-----I know that on 8-Ball Pool and whatnot there is the tournament way like that. That is an acceptable way to do it.

5 -- Game:
-----I think that it would be better if the game wasn't made with your Miniclip account. Actually, that would be good, but I
-----think that you should be able to customize your robot's name, since many names on Miniclip are taken.
-----Allowing customizable names would greatly increase my satisfaction, because my MC Username is loser-like.

This is not regarding the new RR, or RR3, but I have been banned on MCF and accept their claims against me.
However, their claims were over RRR glitching, and since RRR is now gone forever, I think that I should be unbanned.
Back to top Go down
RageTester
Chat Owner
RageTester

Testers for RR3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testers for RR3   Testers for RR3 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 10:27 pm

We don't want robots to be flippable like this, however I like how robot looks upside down Laughing make the top flat plz, and tower removable...
Testers for RR3 On%20the%20roof
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

Testers for RR3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testers for RR3   Testers for RR3 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 3:52 am

Hey Noobface, are you sending that feebdack out to Missmorris ? I hope so ! her email is in this Thread
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

Testers for RR3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testers for RR3   Testers for RR3 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 12:48 pm

I hope he isn't, there are many missing links in his suggestions.

1. Ranking System and Weapons:
If the weapons were given by wins game would be boring since you would always play against same strength opponents, where is the challenge?

2. Different weapons:
More weapons...sure.
Targets? Seriously? That would be lame.
Scoreboard - not the one miniclip uses on their games please, should be specific on this one, miniclip always deletes old scores which shouldn't be done in RR, it doesn't matter when you set the score, the only thing that ever matters in RR is that your points always change and when you gain them you don't have to start from zero again. You know what I mean...

You honestly expect miniclip to know what the score system for RR was? Only Raketspel probably knew the system, miniclip didn't suspect a thing and all those players playing it neither, they thought it was 20% from point difference, but it's not, actually it was 25% + 10 points. I'd like them to keep that system.

3. Customizable Painjobs:
Yeah, fine...

4. Tournaments:
Tournaments like in 8 ball pool? The whole 8 ball pool point is: "God, I'm bored and have nothing to do, I'll just go and waste my time on this game". That's nothing you would want for RR. They would have to change the whole structure, because RR is a complicated game, the one we know, RR would be too complicated for those tournaments, because they are simply made to connect 2 exactly same things while in RR your bot shouldn't be the same as your opponents, if it of course was RR with all the weapon choices. If they were ever going to make tournaments they'd have to arrange the available weapons for the event list, which probably sounds cool and might actually work, continuing with this idea, I think if they are ever going to make tournaments they totally shouldn't make just one kind of tournament where only certain weapons would be allowed, weapon choice should be refreshed every once in a while.

5. Game:
For that they would need to make a new database, but I support this suggestion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Testers for RR3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testers for RR3   Testers for RR3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Testers for RR3
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next