Robot Rage Survivors Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

robot rage survivors rr2 rearmed

HomeLatest imagesRR ChatRegisterLog in

So guys I decided to take down Vairus and move to a new hoster.

Go down 
+6
Carl
RootRanger
TheHat
2D4
digit
TRON
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
TRON
RR Beginner

So guys I decided to take down Vairus and move to a new hoster. Empty
PostSubject: So guys I decided to take down Vairus and move to a new hoster.   So guys I decided to take down Vairus and move to a new hoster. EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 6:44 pm

So guys I decided to take down Vairus and move to a new hoster owned by a family member.

Anyway heres the new link

http://rebel.binhoster.com/play
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: So guys I decided to take down Vairus and move to a new hoster.   So guys I decided to take down Vairus and move to a new hoster. EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 8:23 pm

And what is the advantage of doing such?
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: So guys I decided to take down Vairus and move to a new hoster.   So guys I decided to take down Vairus and move to a new hoster. EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 10:39 pm

wait. does that mean you have been running the varius ? I didn't know it was owned privately, does this mean the other sever that keeps lobbychat.tk going is also a private server ?! so basically anyone could get this game back online in case the people in wasa knackerbrod sweden decide to kill it ??! AND NO ONE EVEN CARED TO TELL ME THIS ???

Needed to get that off my chest
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: So guys I decided to take down Vairus and move to a new hoster.   So guys I decided to take down Vairus and move to a new hoster. EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 12:59 am

I believe root clearly stated that...
Back to top Go down
TheHat
H€®Ø
TheHat

PostSubject: Re: So guys I decided to take down Vairus and move to a new hoster.   So guys I decided to take down Vairus and move to a new hoster. EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 1:06 am

i think he means hes hosting the website, not the game.
-_-
Back to top Go down
TRON
RR Beginner

PostSubject: Re: So guys I decided to take down Vairus and move to a new hoster.   So guys I decided to take down Vairus and move to a new hoster. EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 1:24 pm

Vairus was just an older client version of Robtrage which has chat. Back a few years ago I was trying to make a robotrage private server So I took all the client files from Miniclip however a few months later minilcip updated Robotrage and got rid of chat. So I decided to test something out and uploaded the old Robotrage client files on a web hoster, AND IT WORKED. You could play rr via the old client hacking and chat worked. Anyway I left the site for a few years but 2 weeks ago I got an email from my hoster saying they would be moving site to a slower server, which when I read I realised that would make the Vairus site lag alot, and instead of paying for some premium hosting I just moved host.
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: So guys I decided to take down Vairus and move to a new hoster.   So guys I decided to take down Vairus and move to a new hoster. EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 1:36 am

Thanks man,

you mean a lot to RR. Respect
Back to top Go down
TRON
RR Beginner

PostSubject: Re: So guys I decided to take down Vairus and move to a new hoster.   So guys I decided to take down Vairus and move to a new hoster. EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 4:55 pm

Tell me if you experience an Lag Issues
Back to top Go down
TheHat
H€®Ø
TheHat

PostSubject: Re: So guys I decided to take down Vairus and move to a new hoster.   So guys I decided to take down Vairus and move to a new hoster. EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 7:18 pm

Holy un-dead forum!
Back to top Go down
TRON
RR Beginner

PostSubject: Re: So guys I decided to take down Vairus and move to a new hoster.   So guys I decided to take down Vairus and move to a new hoster. EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 7:29 pm

hiiiiiiiiii
Back to top Go down
TheHat
H€®Ø
TheHat

PostSubject: Re: So guys I decided to take down Vairus and move to a new hoster.   So guys I decided to take down Vairus and move to a new hoster. EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 7:56 pm

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TRON
RR Beginner

PostSubject: Re: So guys I decided to take down Vairus and move to a new hoster.   So guys I decided to take down Vairus and move to a new hoster. EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 4:34 pm

bump
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: So guys I decided to take down Vairus and move to a new hoster.   So guys I decided to take down Vairus and move to a new hoster. EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 8:28 pm

um... I haven't really battled anyone yet, so no. I haven't experienced lag problems
Back to top Go down
RootRanger
V.I.P.
RootRanger

PostSubject: Re: So guys I decided to take down Vairus and move to a new hoster.   So guys I decided to take down Vairus and move to a new hoster. EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 12:00 am

I'm almost positive it was Dalmat who created the vairus link. Don't try to pull the alias card, because TRON acts completely differently from Dalmat. And I believe the varius version was originally created for AG, even though it benefited all of us.

But the rest of his story makes sense, and I know there are only a few people around that can re-upload RR to a new site.

My question is this:

Do you have the ability to change the robot rage files? Or are they encrypted to the point that it is too difficult to make any changes.

Would some things be easier to change than others?
Back to top Go down
http://rootranger@gmail.com
Carl
RR Pro
Carl

PostSubject: Re: So guys I decided to take down Vairus and move to a new hoster.   So guys I decided to take down Vairus and move to a new hoster. EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 7:26 am

This is a surprising development. I will soon test the new host.

As Root asked, did you actually change any of the client files? How did you ensure it connected properly to the server?
Back to top Go down
TRON
RR Beginner

PostSubject: Re: So guys I decided to take down Vairus and move to a new hoster.   So guys I decided to take down Vairus and move to a new hoster. EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 1:46 pm

RootRanger wrote:
I'm almost positive it was Dalmat who created the vairus link. Don't try to pull the alias card, because TRON acts completely differently from Dalmat. And I believe the varius version was originally created for AG, even though it benefited all of us.

But the rest of his story makes sense, and I know there are only a few people around that can re-upload RR to a new site.

My question is this:

Do you have the ability to change the robot rage files? Or are they encrypted to the point that it is too difficult to make any changes.

My aim is to create a Robotrage private server. But first I will need to assemble a team.
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: So guys I decided to take down Vairus and move to a new hoster.   So guys I decided to take down Vairus and move to a new hoster. EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 7:42 pm

This carries my genuine approval
Back to top Go down
RootRanger
V.I.P.
RootRanger

PostSubject: Re: So guys I decided to take down Vairus and move to a new hoster.   So guys I decided to take down Vairus and move to a new hoster. EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 1:38 am

TRON wrote:
RootRanger wrote:

My question is this:

My aim is to create a Robotrage private server. But first I will need to assemble a team.

Good luck. I can speak for us all when I say we will help wherever we can.
Back to top Go down
http://rootranger@gmail.com
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: So guys I decided to take down Vairus and move to a new hoster.   So guys I decided to take down Vairus and move to a new hoster. EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 12:37 am

so with a private server, would it automatically transfer the people that play RR normally to this private server or would it be hosted on a completely different website?
Back to top Go down
Noobface
Extreme Forummer
Noobface

PostSubject: Re: So guys I decided to take down Vairus and move to a new hoster.   So guys I decided to take down Vairus and move to a new hoster. EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 3:42 am

Probably a different site. Hmmm...
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: So guys I decided to take down Vairus and move to a new hoster.   So guys I decided to take down Vairus and move to a new hoster. EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 10:37 pm

yeah, thats what i was thinking.
Back to top Go down
TRON
RR Beginner

PostSubject: Re: So guys I decided to take down Vairus and move to a new hoster.   So guys I decided to take down Vairus and move to a new hoster. EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 8:24 am

A private server would be a completely new game so you would have to make a new account for it ect
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: So guys I decided to take down Vairus and move to a new hoster.   So guys I decided to take down Vairus and move to a new hoster. EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 4:23 pm

I think making a new account would be the least of

our problems
Back to top Go down
Noobface
Extreme Forummer
Noobface

PostSubject: Re: So guys I decided to take down Vairus and move to a new hoster.   So guys I decided to take down Vairus and move to a new hoster. EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 6:55 pm

Yes, the biggest problem would be making it, then advertising it to people of the world. It
would hopefully be a success, if ever completed.

But, seeing that the last post was on Dec 14, 2011, I don't know that you're even trying...
Is anyone trying anything, TRON?

Or is everyone just playing Need For Speed World and totally stopping all efforts on RR?
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: So guys I decided to take down Vairus and move to a new hoster.   So guys I decided to take down Vairus and move to a new hoster. EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 7:07 pm

Even tho people are playing nfsw a lot I feel a new vibe has

emerged and people with skills are looking into the possebillities, we will

need to give it some time, as long as we always keep moving foreward,

- no matter how slow - we will get there, just hope you are wrong and this

initiative to renew RR will not come to a grinding halt !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So guys I decided to take down Vairus and move to a new hoster.   So guys I decided to take down Vairus and move to a new hoster. Empty

Back to top Go down

So guys I decided to take down Vairus and move to a new hoster.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next