Robot Rage Survivors Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

robot rage survivors rr2 rearmed

HomeLatest imagesRR ChatRegisterLog in

Best looking setup?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
digit
Add mint
digit

Best looking setup? Empty
PostSubject: Best looking setup?   Best looking setup? EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 1:54 am

I'm thinking of doing another remake of the rr2 robot in blender and I was wondering what might be a good setup to display on it.

I always liked the idea of the claw and power axe making a scorpion look. This would be put on a small chassi, no tower, and 4 large wheels. The only bodies I ever really liked were the large tower and the small chassi. My least favorite look would be medium chassi, small tower, and 3 small wheels.

Some other weapons I liked separately were:
-The spear gun
-any missiles
-laser gun

What are your favorite weapons and setup based on look?
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

PostSubject: Re: Best looking setup?   Best looking setup? EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 6:31 pm

A plowdozer!

Actually...small chassi, large tower with spear gun/flame thrower or claw/guided missiles (they looked the same as heat-seeking in garage and lobby but different in battle, I think Very Happy).

I actually really liked the looks of razor discs, alone on a small chassi.

And I used claw + guided missiles to flip everyone over the edge, since it was harder to do than with remote charges Very Happy ...Man if RR came back I'd do this whole day xD

I can't really say on the wheels, I used 4 large or 3 small, cause 3 small revealed the robot more and you could use more space to show off your painting skills Very Happy
4 large obviously looked cool, especially with the small chassi, honestly I think 6 small looked kind of hilarious, if you want the worst setup, it would be 6 small wheels on a large chassi with a small tower.
Back to top Go down
http://rrlobbychat.com
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: Best looking setup?   Best looking setup? EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 11:47 pm

Hm... I forgot about the 6 small wheels. They were rather hideous! The flamer thrower and razor discs are pretty cool too. I remember when I was making TANK-U, redesigning the razors was one of the more difficult things because RR made them pretty near perfect.
Back to top Go down
RootRanger
V.I.P.
RootRanger

PostSubject: Re: Best looking setup?   Best looking setup? EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 8:22 am

Claw/laser was always pretty cool. Not an awful strategy either, if you were against another claw player. You could use the laser as your main source of attack and the claw to protect yourself against their claw grabs.
Back to top Go down
http://rootranger@gmail.com
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: Best looking setup?   Best looking setup? EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 4:41 pm

Looks like I'll definitely be doing the claw then. Maybe I'll blend (no pun intended) a few weapons together if I get inspired.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best looking setup?   Best looking setup? Empty

Back to top Go down

Best looking setup?
Page 1 of 1