Robot Rage Survivors Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

robot rage survivors rr2 rearmed

HomeLatest imagesRR ChatRegisterLog in

Rereading Robot Rage original help file

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
RageTester
Chat Owner
RageTester

Rereading Robot Rage original help file Empty
PostSubject: Rereading Robot Rage original help file   Rereading Robot Rage original help file EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 2:09 pm

From official RR game help file:

"
THIS GAME ONLY ALLOWS PEER-TO-PEER CONNECTIONS. PEOPLE BEHIND DIFFERENT ROUTERS CAN NOT PLAY AGAINST EACH OTHER. PEOPLE BEHIND THE SAME ROUTER (THE SAME OFFICE, SCHOOL ETC) CAN PLAY AGAINST EACH OTHER. IF YOU USE A FIREWALL, ALLOW TRAFFIC OVER PORT 1626.

If you are behind a router, you can not challenge other people behind other routers. You can however challenge people behind the same router or firewall, for example your friends at school or the office plus everyone connected directly to the Internet.

If you use a personal firewall - allow traffic over port 1626 and you will be able to play everyone.
"
I wonder what that personal firewall really is... and wikipedia tells the answer, the question remains can you get one free and is it really that good?

from wikipedia:

"
A personal firewall is an application which controls network traffic to and from a computer, permitting or denying communications based on a security policy. Typically it works as an application layer firewall.
A personal firewall differs from a conventional firewall in terms of scale. A personal firewall will usually protect only the computer on which it is installed. Many personal firewalls are able to control network traffic by prompting the user each time a connection is attempted and adapting security policy accordingly. Personal firewalls may also provide some level of intrusion detection, allowing the software to terminate or block connectivity where it suspects an intrusion is being attempted.
"
Back to top Go down
TheHat
H€®Ø
TheHat

PostSubject: Re: Rereading Robot Rage original help file   Rereading Robot Rage original help file EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 8:24 pm

Sounds like i have that, its called "network magic"
Im not sure...
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: Rereading Robot Rage original help file   Rereading Robot Rage original help file EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 12:14 am

SOMEONE FIGURE IT OUT AND TELL ME!
elephant
Back to top Go down
TheHat
H€®Ø
TheHat

PostSubject: Re: Rereading Robot Rage original help file   Rereading Robot Rage original help file EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 12:39 am

http://personalfirewall.comodo.com/

Free trial, if it works 5 dollars for a year??

Smile
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: Rereading Robot Rage original help file   Rereading Robot Rage original help file EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 1:25 am

Have you tried it? DUZ ET WORKZ?
Back to top Go down
TheHat
H€®Ø
TheHat

PostSubject: Re: Rereading Robot Rage original help file   Rereading Robot Rage original help file EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 11:00 pm

well i have no idea what to do, so
Back to top Go down
Carl
RR Pro
Carl

PostSubject: Re: Rereading Robot Rage original help file   Rereading Robot Rage original help file EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 4:35 am

Would opening port 1626 to TCP traffic on Windows Firewall with Advanced Security work?
Back to top Go down
Noobface
Extreme Forummer
Noobface

PostSubject: Re: Rereading Robot Rage original help file   Rereading Robot Rage original help file EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 9:06 pm

Carl swoops in and saves the day.....
I<3U

If you say it, it probably works.....
I, on the other hand, cannot actually prove that since I have no idea what it means!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rereading Robot Rage original help file   Rereading Robot Rage original help file Empty

Back to top Go down

Rereading Robot Rage original help file
Page 1 of 1