Robot Rage Survivors Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

robot rage survivors rr2 rearmed

HomeLatest imagesRR ChatRegisterLog in

~ WALLS & FENCES ~

Go down 
+2
Noobface
2D4
6 posters
AuthorMessage
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

~ WALLS & FENCES ~ Empty
PostSubject: ~ WALLS & FENCES ~   ~ WALLS & FENCES ~ EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 4:30 pm

WALLS & FENCES

The reason you are here is because you can't challenge someone or get a game in the RobotRage lobby and you want to know why.This game has a system working with Walls and Fences, so you are either a Wall or you are a Fence.How do you know what you are ? On which side of the roof does your robot start ? Let's take a look.

~ WALLS & FENCES ~ Fenceso

~ WALLS & FENCES ~ Fence

Robots starting at the side of the roof near the wall are called "Walls" and those starting the game near the fence are "Fences" If you are a "Wall" you cannot connect to other Walls and Fences cannot connect to other Fences.Walls can only play Fences and Fences can only play Walls.Most people are Walls, they do not get a lot of games.There is a big chance that you are a Wall yourself, since you didn't get a game and wanted to know why.Fences on the other hand get a lot of action: they play all the walls that are waiting for a game (a game with a Fence) relatively few people are Fences.So now you know why you didn't get a challenge in the RobotRage lobby and why you can't play someone if he is the same thing you are. Note* If you are a "Wall" ALL your robots will be Walls.

* This topic does not explain how to become a Fence.That
is difficult to explain so someone else will have to try.

https://rrsurvivors.forumotion.com/t596-how-to-guide-to-become-a-fence

___ _ _ _______ _ _________ _ _

Link on Youtube video explaining Walls & Fences:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPKsYjxJ1BM

Last edited by 2D4 on Sat May 28, 2011 8:24 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Noobface
Extreme Forummer
Noobface

~ WALLS & FENCES ~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~ WALLS & FENCES ~   ~ WALLS & FENCES ~ EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 8:46 pm

I think their names are pretty self-explanitory... but to become a fence visit this page: https://rrsurvivors.forumotion.com/t596-how-to-guide-to-become-a-fence

Or GENERAL CHAT>HOW TO GUIDE TO BECOME A FENCE
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

~ WALLS & FENCES ~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~ WALLS & FENCES ~   ~ WALLS & FENCES ~ EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 9:10 pm

This little story is for all the new guys in the chat that ask me: why can't I challenge . . . u know the deal.Now I have a link to this forumtopic and I NEVER have to explain it again

(I hope)
Back to top Go down
Noobface
Extreme Forummer
Noobface

~ WALLS & FENCES ~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~ WALLS & FENCES ~   ~ WALLS & FENCES ~ EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 9:15 pm

Are you kdding me? I made that thread above for all the noobs that ask me how to become a fence... great minds think alike.
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

~ WALLS & FENCES ~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~ WALLS & FENCES ~   ~ WALLS & FENCES ~ EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 9:26 pm

? I was talking about my own little story Smile

Thank you for adding the link to the Fence guide, very usefull
Back to top Go down
Noobface
Extreme Forummer
Noobface

~ WALLS & FENCES ~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~ WALLS & FENCES ~   ~ WALLS & FENCES ~ EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 9:29 pm

Did you even read it? It had my story in it... I didn't think you read it, so I told.

I didn't think you read it because you said you didn't know how to become a fence, and didn't include it in your post.
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

~ WALLS & FENCES ~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~ WALLS & FENCES ~   ~ WALLS & FENCES ~ EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 10:07 pm

I didn't read it, you are right (I never promised you I would read anything, right) That was not the purpose of MY story, my story explains the newbees the first things they need to know about Wall and Fences (so I don't have to tell someone over and over again in the chatroom), after that they can get even more info, from you for instance.

I sense some kind of hostility, is there something wrong Noobface ?
Back to top Go down
Noobface
Extreme Forummer
Noobface

~ WALLS & FENCES ~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~ WALLS & FENCES ~   ~ WALLS & FENCES ~ EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 10:09 pm

No.. there is nothing wrong... I just... nvm.
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

~ WALLS & FENCES ~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~ WALLS & FENCES ~   ~ WALLS & FENCES ~ EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 10:11 pm

Okay thanks

I just don't see what the problem is, but maybe I am like mentally blind

or something Shocked
Back to top Go down
Noobface
Extreme Forummer
Noobface

~ WALLS & FENCES ~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~ WALLS & FENCES ~   ~ WALLS & FENCES ~ EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 10:23 pm

No, you're not blind. If you go on chat I will tell you.
Back to top Go down
Carl
RR Pro
Carl

~ WALLS & FENCES ~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~ WALLS & FENCES ~   ~ WALLS & FENCES ~ EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 5:14 am

Good job, 2D4! Smile

At least we'll get the new players up and running sooner.
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

~ WALLS & FENCES ~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~ WALLS & FENCES ~   ~ WALLS & FENCES ~ EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 9:10 pm

Hey, I learned something from this. It's spelled dummies, not dumbies...
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

~ WALLS & FENCES ~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~ WALLS & FENCES ~   ~ WALLS & FENCES ~ EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 1:38 am

Thank you guys Smile

I tried to be as simple and complete as possible but in case I left out something vital, let me know and I will mix it in creatively.

Yes please do use this link to inform the new player

* and yes, please do correct any possible spelling mistakes, by all means ! haha IGIT
Back to top Go down
Noobface
Extreme Forummer
Noobface

~ WALLS & FENCES ~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~ WALLS & FENCES ~   ~ WALLS & FENCES ~ EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 2:07 am

2D4 wrote:
WALLS & FENCES

The reason you are here is because you can't challenge someone or get a game in the RobotRage lobby and you want to know why. This game has a system working with walls and fences, so you are either a wall or you are a fence. How do you know what you are? Which side of the roof does your robot start? Let's take a look.

~ WALLS & FENCES ~ Fenceso

~ WALLS & FENCES ~ Fence

Robots starting at the side of the roof near the wall are called "walls" and those starting the game near the fence are "fences." If you are a "wall" you cannot connect to other walls, and fences cannot connect to other fences. Walls can only play fences and fences can only play walls. Most people are walls; they do not get a lot of games. There is a big chance that you are a wall yourself since you didn't get a game and wanted to know why. Fences on the other hand get a lot of action: they play all the walls that are waiting for a game (a game with a fence) relatively few people are fences. So now you know why you didn't get a challenge in the RobotRage lobby and why you can't play someone if he is the same thing you are. Note* If you are a "wall" ALL your robots will be walls.

* This topic does not explain how to become a Fence. That
is difficult to explain so someone else will have to try.

aybe you could add in my link.
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

~ WALLS & FENCES ~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~ WALLS & FENCES ~   ~ WALLS & FENCES ~ EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 2:26 am

Your message with that link follows right after my post so I think they can find it

Edit: Okay sure why not
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

~ WALLS & FENCES ~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~ WALLS & FENCES ~   ~ WALLS & FENCES ~ EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 1:15 am

Right now people that are not signed in or not a member yet (newcomers to RR) cannot see this Thread, [Highscores and Helpfull things] It is the very thing they should be able to read, for instance about Walls & Fences. Can you please change that setting East, so I can pass that info on to any new RobotRage players. Thank you
Back to top Go down
BEASTY
The Creator
BEASTY

~ WALLS & FENCES ~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~ WALLS & FENCES ~   ~ WALLS & FENCES ~ EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 1:22 am

no prob ill change it. i just thought some of the things that where in here sould only be seen by members but idont even know why i did that Razz changed..
Back to top Go down
https://rrsurvivors.forumotion.com
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

~ WALLS & FENCES ~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~ WALLS & FENCES ~   ~ WALLS & FENCES ~ EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 1:27 am

Thanks Smile and read ur PM's with a kind heart okay ?
Back to top Go down
BEASTY
The Creator
BEASTY

~ WALLS & FENCES ~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~ WALLS & FENCES ~   ~ WALLS & FENCES ~ EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 2:11 am

i did. and replied already .
Back to top Go down
https://rrsurvivors.forumotion.com
RageTester
Chat Owner
RageTester

~ WALLS & FENCES ~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~ WALLS & FENCES ~   ~ WALLS & FENCES ~ EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 12:16 pm

This is latest information I have obtained, please use this information in 1st post of this thread.

ROUTERS(use anthena)

Wireless Routers

* if 1 computer connected = WALL
* if more than 1 computer connected = can't play anyone except same network users

Wired Routers

=WALL

MODEMS(use phone lines)

DSL(ADSL/SDSL) modems

* if only computers connected = FENCE
* if computer and some other device connected = can't play

USB modems

=FENCE (if connection is fast enough)

CABLE modems (use cable TV lines)

No Data

DIAl UP(uses phone lines)

* if user's computer uses an attached modem =FENCE
* if router is used =WALL

IMPORTANT!

If you use modem and router at same time, you can't play.
(Computer connected to Router that is connected to modem)
However Computer connected to modem via wire and to wireless router will be able

to play, but may not be FENCE anymore.

Avoid using multiple networks at same time!!!
Disable every VPN (Virtual Private Network) through Control Panel.

To disable unneeded network connections you must open:

* if you have windows xp
Control Panel\Network connections
and disable network by right clicking on it

* if you have windows vista
Control Panel\Network and Sharing Center
and then click manage network connection from the left menu

* if you have windows 7
Control\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center
and then click change adapter setting from the left menu
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

~ WALLS & FENCES ~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~ WALLS & FENCES ~   ~ WALLS & FENCES ~ Empty

Back to top Go down

~ WALLS & FENCES ~
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Robot Rage Survivors Forums :: Robot Rage :: Robot Rage - HighScores and Helpful Things-
Jump to: