Robot Rage Survivors Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

robot rage survivors rr2 rearmed

HomeLatest imagesRR ChatRegisterLog in

So what's the latest then?

Go down 
+6
RageTester
X-Terminator32
digit
-Max
ItIsMarc
Anonymous1
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous1
RR Minus
Anonymous1

So what's the latest then? Empty
PostSubject: So what's the latest then?   So what's the latest then? EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 12:36 pm

On Thu Aug 30, 2012 at 4:33 pm, 2D4 posted that he had contacted Raketsepl, who as we all know own the rights to Robot Rage, enquiring about what happened with Robot Rage and the future of the game.

One thing that 2D4 posted was that they were 'seriously considering' making a new Robot Rage. He also mentioned that 'we are in contact with miniclip to discuss the possibility'. So years later, when a version of the game appeared on Miniclip, was that what they were talking about? Considering that they were talkig about the rebuild to be completely different, I suspected that this version of Robot Rage is the one they were talking about.

I contacted Raketspel a while ago myself and they distanced themselves away from the version that Miniclip made. They told me that it was a poorly constructed game and it was a poor version of their inital creation. Raketspel want to make a new version of Robot Rage. Yet we still see nothing.... (I do wonder why Raketspel still haven't found another company to work with if they really wanted to create Robot Rage again, for sure Miniclip is a massive gaming website but they're not the only one in the world).

Does anybody know of any progression/news since?

Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

PostSubject: Re: So what's the latest then?   So what's the latest then? EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 2:55 am

Haven't heard of any news since then, maybe someone should suggest them making a project on kickstarer or some similar platform if they are lacking funds or sponsors.

Last thing I heard was that miniclip didn't want to work with Raketspel on the new game, that's where the silentbay came in, the game itself is not that bad for a 3 year old to play it, which apparently was the audience miniclip was looking for. Let's hope Raketspel comes back with a new game one day!
Back to top Go down
http://rrlobbychat.com
ItIsMarc
R.I.P. Wayne
ItIsMarc

PostSubject: Re: So what's the latest then?   So what's the latest then? EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:33 am

I just want to play the old game as it was for nostalgia's sake Sad
Back to top Go down
Anonymous1
RR Minus
Anonymous1

PostSubject: Re: So what's the latest then?   So what's the latest then? EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 12:33 pm

Someone should call Raketspel again and ask for an update! For some reason, they don't respond to E-mails... The Miniclip game, to be frank, is abhorrent.

ItIsMarc - Totally agree with you. I went on YouTube last night and flicked through some Robot Rage videos. The sounds of entering the lobby, the glitches, the floating to outer space, the multiple weapons glitch (Claw/Dagger together), the challenge requests, the Paint Jobs.... What I would give to get that game back. I spent ages playing that game. It's so sad to see it being reduced to the pathetic version that Miniclip have given out.

Might be a bit ambiguous but what do people think about creating a private server?
Back to top Go down
-Max
RR Novice
-Max

PostSubject: Re: So what's the latest then?   So what's the latest then? EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 4:02 pm

There is no money to make with the good old robot rage. Unfortunately, I doubt they will throw money for some OLD Robot Rage Fan.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous1
RR Minus
Anonymous1

PostSubject: Re: So what's the latest then?   So what's the latest then? EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 4:13 pm

I'm sure people, who are more inventive then I am, will find ways in which you can make money from Robot Rage.
Back to top Go down
-Max
RR Novice
-Max

PostSubject: Re: So what's the latest then?   So what's the latest then? EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 4:27 pm

The only way to make money out of robot rage would be to start from scratch. Making a high quality game with a great dev team. But the thing is: where do we get the $ to fund the project? If someone thougt RobotRage had a good potential, RR3 wouldn't be on miniclip.

The only thing I'd say is that we, the real survivors, are going to play it no mather what but I doubt many others will. Maybe some Robot Wars fans could be interested. But still, need the money to fund the project.. (http://www.robotwars.tv/live)

You do not want to invest on something too risky. When you invest your money into such a big project, you want to have a low % of risk. Robot Rage is, IMO, a 50/50. Could be absolutly awesome and could be terrible such as RR3..
Back to top Go down
Anonymous1
RR Minus
Anonymous1

PostSubject: Re: So what's the latest then?   So what's the latest then? EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 4:39 pm

The thing is though we don't know why exactly Raketspel haven't been as active in developing a new Robot Rage. It's been a couple of years since it has been down and we've heard little peeps about progress but aside from that, nothing.

The fundamentals of Robot Rage are there. If people stopped hacking the SuperWeapons I daresay that the game would still be active. But how about putting more sponsors on the side of the webpage? Or Sponsors in the game itself (like how Football does it, perhaps sponsors on the side of the wall and stuff). Put in some competitions, I know that Robot Rage actually did some:

So what's the latest then? 43326-RobotRage

Or like how 8 Ball Pool do it, we could have 1 Spin and Win/Scratch Card every day and that would encourage people to buy more of them, spending real money.

People who want to start developing this game could point to the peak of the game itself. At its peak, the game was definitely top 50 in the world. All it needs is some serious time and money invested into it. The past suggests that the game would succeed but without the drive to make it succeed it is nothing but an idea. Someone, whether at Raketspel or anywhere else, needs to want to have the same drive as us survivors. And they'll come, I'm sure of it. There are plenty of ways in making Robot Rage successful (in terms of making money). The concept is there. The history shows that it can work. All we need is someone willing to take the risk of making it a success. But I agree, if this is so appealing then why has nothing been done?
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: So what's the latest then?   So what's the latest then? EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 2:58 am

I agree with there being a potential to place adds around the arena. I also think that companies could host tournaments which would be great advertisement for them.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous1
RR Minus
Anonymous1

PostSubject: Re: So what's the latest then?   So what's the latest then? EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 2:45 pm

Well I think the Companies idea would only really take off it the game really did balloon up in terms of activity but it's a nice thought!. But little things like that can aid the process of it. But we really need someone to contact Raketspel again. Can anyone here do that?
Back to top Go down
-Max
RR Novice
-Max

PostSubject: Re: So what's the latest then?   So what's the latest then? EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 5:38 pm

We contacted them so many time... You have to be prepared.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous1
RR Minus
Anonymous1

PostSubject: Re: So what's the latest then?   So what's the latest then? EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 7:08 pm

Prepare your......
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: So what's the latest then?   So what's the latest then? EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 3:14 am

...checkbooks?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous1
RR Minus
Anonymous1

PostSubject: Re: So what's the latest then?   So what's the latest then? EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 12:53 pm

What a Face

Anyway, I suppose that the best we can do is wait and find out.

But what I would do to rewind back and play the game. The sad thing is that the game collapsed because of the community. I think that if the Super Weapon hack has was never leaked and the Credit Glitch was patched the game would still be alive and kicking today. Too many dumb people via YouTube knew how to cheat the game (although it certainly wasn't hard to exploit the game, there were many glaring bugs and loopholes within the game).

Hacking a game will always be of the interest to many people, and there'll always be bugs to exploit in the game itself. But the games that prosper and survive are the games that fight back. For example, one of the most popular games on the Internet right now, 8 Ball Pool on Miniclip, has upgrades every single month which patch up the bugs. Of course, it's not foolproof but it's super effective and works to a highly credible degree. But that takes time and money, something seemingly the developers had neither of.
Back to top Go down
-Max
RR Novice
-Max

PostSubject: Re: So what's the latest then?   So what's the latest then? EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 5:52 pm

Do we have any idea of how much they actually want for the files and the rights?

EDIT: well, miniclip owns the rights for robot rage now right?
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: So what's the latest then?   So what's the latest then? EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 3:51 am

I've heard anywhere from $5,000 to simply not interested.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous1
RR Minus
Anonymous1

PostSubject: Re: So what's the latest then?   So what's the latest then? EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 1:23 pm

When I called them they simply said that they weren't selling them.

However, I think if I pressurized him he would've given me a price.
Back to top Go down
X-Terminator32
V.I.P.

PostSubject: Re: So what's the latest then?   So what's the latest then? EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 4:02 pm

A while ago (maybe a few months back in 2014) I personally called Raketspel and had a 10 minute conversation with him about the game. They said they would consider making a new version of the game and I asked him why the old one would not work anymore. His response was that the way the old game was designed used an older glitch that doesn't work or isn't fully supportive in modern browsers. It was the way the P2P connection was structured and I guess it didn't work anymore. He also said that they couldn't modify the coding to change that because the software they used to build the game was "too old" which I think is B.S. (why not update the older files to the newer version of adobe?). Anyways, I also asked him if it would be possible to fund money for the game and his estimated range was somewhere in the thousands, I'd estimate between $1,000 -10,000 but I can't truly remember. So it kind of seems as if funds are the problem to making the new game OR that they don't want to do it. Because meanwhile they've been putting in all their effort for the crappy Swedish mobile apps when they could've been putting it in for the best game they ever made.
Back to top Go down
http://rrlegacychat.com
Anonymous1
RR Minus
Anonymous1

PostSubject: Re: So what's the latest then?   So what's the latest then? EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 2:15 pm

Yeah when I called them they gave me the same answer and I'm not convinced that's right. Just simply update the files, it's not that hard.

I've had a look at their website, it seems that they are really pushing the boat out in the App Market but I'm puzzled that the most popular game they've ever introduced, Robot Rage, is seemingly in the back of their minds. Bizarre.
Back to top Go down
-Max
RR Novice
-Max

PostSubject: Re: So what's the latest then?   So what's the latest then? EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 4:31 pm

The app market is getting so big that its more profitable to them. Even tho RR is the best project they have ever done, I am not quite sure they could make as much money out of it as they can from apps and stuff. There's a reason why they are going in that direction as a company. Unfortunatly, I think they are doing the right move for their company. Sad thing but as a company you have to do what is more profitable.

And I am not sure if they still have all rights for Robot Rage. It is kinda tricky since Miniclip was publishing the game.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous1
RR Minus
Anonymous1

PostSubject: Re: So what's the latest then?   So what's the latest then? EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 10:24 pm

True but I'm sure that if they made a new Robot Rage they could create an app version of it. Incidentally, I've had a look at their apps and it's not very good.
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: So what's the latest then?   So what's the latest then? EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 1:57 am

I'd just as soon not have a new RR than have a mobile RR...
Back to top Go down
Anonymous1
RR Minus
Anonymous1

PostSubject: Re: So what's the latest then?   So what's the latest then? EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 2:24 pm

Very Happy

I actually think a mobile version of Robot Rage could be decent, to be honest. It would definitely increase awareness, and whatever you may think, it would be a bad decision to not create an app for it (assuming Robot Rage was really remade).
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: So what's the latest then?   So what's the latest then? EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 5:07 pm

I just can't imagine it being as immersive as it was on a legit computer. Besides, you have to control 3 weapons, 3 camera options (4 with spy cam, not to mention zoom and unzoom), and be able to move at the same time. Not to mention that your fingers would definitely get in the way of making a decent paintjob.
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

PostSubject: Re: So what's the latest then?   So what's the latest then? EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 11:47 pm

digit wrote:
I just can't imagine it being as immersive as it was on a legit computer. Besides, you have to control 3 weapons, 3 camera options (4 with spy cam, not to mention zoom and unzoom), and be able to move at the same time. Not to mention that your fingers would definitely get in the way of making a decent paintjob.

Make it 6 with rear view camera's standard view and static view.
Back to top Go down
http://rrlobbychat.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So what's the latest then?   So what's the latest then? Empty

Back to top Go down

So what's the latest then?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next