Robot Rage Survivors Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

robot rage survivors rr2 rearmed

HomeLatest imagesRR ChatRegisterLog in

Worth a Mention

Go down 
+5
X-Terminator32
jork
digit
2D4
NoMercI
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
digit
Add mint
digit

Worth a Mention Empty
PostSubject: Worth a Mention   Worth a Mention EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 11:30 pm

In this topic feel free to post whatever you think is worth a mention. This could be a thought you had, a question, a story, or anything else you find worthy of our attention.

poor example: I have no idea what to write about... #wam

less poor example: I'm having macaroni and cheese for dinner. get jelly

another example: Why would you have jelly with macaroni and cheese?
-example response example: He meant 'get jealous'
-alternative response example: Perhaps jelly compliments the gelatinous nature of macaronis while cooked while finding common ground with cheese since both go well on crackers.

This seems like a good idea at the time, but I'm not entirely sure how it will work out. Just thought it would be worth trying.
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

Worth a Mention Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worth a Mention   Worth a Mention EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 12:20 am

Jellous ? :)It seems I inspired someone haha

I get the notion your subconcious is trying to tell you something by the examples you make
.. that it's cheesy lol
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

Worth a Mention Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worth a Mention   Worth a Mention EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 12:29 am

Cheesy, eh? Not sure if subconscious or subcutaneous... medical humor...

Subcutaneous tissue is the fatty flesh under the skin relational to cheese due to its fattiness.
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

Worth a Mention Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worth a Mention   Worth a Mention EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 12:38 am

Well I'm not mister Jellybean myself .. very often people don't get my jokes and I am the only person laughing, lol
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

Worth a Mention Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worth a Mention   Worth a Mention EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 12:43 am

haha well the jokes can be their own reward. Better to be sophisticated in your humor than simple and bland.
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

Worth a Mention Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worth a Mention   Worth a Mention EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 1:53 am

jokes have to be stupid, so stupid people can understand them, that's the whole idea...
and on this note, I think I'm stupid...
Back to top Go down
http://rrlobbychat.com
digit
Add mint
digit

Worth a Mention Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worth a Mention   Worth a Mention EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 2:08 am

Interesting thoughts jork. A wise man may not understand a stupid joke while a fool may. In this area the fool is more knowledgeable than the wise man. On this note, I'm not sure which is worth it.
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

Worth a Mention Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worth a Mention   Worth a Mention EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 2:29 am

jork wrote:
jokes have to be stupid, so stupid people can understand them, that's the whole idea...

So your saying that jokes ARE in fact a faculty of stupidity ? I may disagree .. If you think off it, laughing is one a the
few things only humans can do, animals are foreign to it. Some jokes may be less subtle, because many people are less
refined. No judgment there. As long as you think you realise you are stupid, your fine .. trust me, ignorant people do not have the brain capacity to make such sharp mental observations

iN GOD I TRUSTâ„¢ wrote:
Interesting thoughts jork. A wise man may not understand a stupid joke while a fool may. In this area the fool is more knowledgeable than the wise man. On this note, I'm not sure which is worth it.

Don't be so sure IGIT ... truely wise understand a lot .. they may have to make an effort to engage in laughter, much like other things you have outgrown, you can still wear the sneakers you loved when you were 12, but it sort of hurts

This is getting deep, I like that. I always find myself dozing off when things are too obvious
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

Worth a Mention Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worth a Mention   Worth a Mention EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 2:43 am

2D4 wrote:

jork wrote:

So your saying that jokes ARE in fact a faculty of stupidity ? I may disagree .. If you think off it, laughing is one a the
few things only humans can do, animals are foreign to it. Some jokes may be less subtle, because many people are less
refined. No judgment there. As long as you think you realise you are stupid, your fine .. trust me, ignorant people do not have the brain capacity to make such sharp mental observations

Well, I can tell by fact that a wise joke can be misunderstood by many, that's why I said jokes have to be stupid but not necessarily, just to be available for the majority of society, think I forgot to end my thought the 1st time.
Though the smart jokes tend to be the funny ones when you finally get them Smile
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

Worth a Mention Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worth a Mention   Worth a Mention EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 4:43 am

Now that is wisdom ! easy jokes are like easy women .. easy fun until you find yourself in tears pretty soon .. and those are not tears of laughter .. I am speaking from hands on experience and so a thoughtful joke has the last laugh, for sure. All things patient and enduring are worthy, like a timeless joke never going out of style.

But all of that is rather serious talk about jokes .. a bit of a paradox, and when it comes to women, my advice is to go for the easy girls when you simply need the experience. Wisdom is for old age, and parts of my beard are slowly turning grey. Don't make the mistake I made .. and take women too serious when it comes to your first fling and fall in love deeply and hang on to that first girl for 7 years because it will probably end in tears and some women are masters at manipulation, you will wake up one day and wonder where you left your balls .. So keep it light and fleeting like a bright remark at the dinnertable, such is the wisdom I can share. Don't let a joke become a yoke Smile
Back to top Go down
NoMercI
RR Novice
NoMercI

Worth a Mention Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worth a Mention   Worth a Mention EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 6:02 am

You know what is not funny? Thinking about it. I never realized that there is so much behind humor. So what defines a good joke then, one that is understood by many, or the sharp one only a few get?

And 2D thanks for your dating advice, which is somehow related to humor. Although men always tend to make the same mistakes no matter how many experienced men tell the they should to otherwise.
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

Worth a Mention Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worth a Mention   Worth a Mention EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 6:50 am

In my school we learned there was a humor chart, where all possible types of humor were related to colors, shifting in a spectrum like you would see in a rainbow, all the way from a white, witty comment through esprit, Irony, sarcasm to black humor, which I favored being a teenager :)for some reason. There is no such thing as good or bad when the jokes in themselves are not flawed or poorly put together, because the world is composed of all colors, it would be odd if some color was missing.

I am always happy to give advice, which I also gladly do in my daily life. I will tell you a few things from my personal experience, since this is the topic. I met a guy last week, 33 yrs old and he told me he was still a virgin. Everytime he met a girl they left him suddenly and he was troubled. He is a little out of shape now but has a handsome face and a few years back he was body building fervently and had impressive looks. He then told me his father had always said to him : women are in charge ! never forget that !! and he was afraid he might hurt or do something "bad" to girls, I could tell. Very peculiar, because I myself am not at all very goodlooking but have a hard time counting how many relationships I had, not including one night stands and such. But I am not saying this to be bragging, I met a young girl some 5 months ago and had a weekly secret affair with her, that escalated into her being my gf and she broke up 2 weeks ago. I was so devastated and in so much pain I felt like I might lose my sanity. She kept in touch, putting me in the "friend" zone little by little, everytime I saw a message or something that reminded me I had panic attacks. I finally asked her not to contact me until I felt my nerves were suficiently healed and I'm still working on figuring out what happened .. how this 'sweet' girl managed to hang me out to dry and how this liason that started out light changed into a nightmare and I am 40 yrs old .. so I ought to know better. This is why I said, keep it light, and never feel guilty to distance yourself or walk away, even if she makes you feel like a bastard, and will tell you you are taking advantage. Women are superior in this game and not as honest as men are in my experience. So, if you keep it light, it has 2 advantages. You get the girl, because women do not like serious men and if you are a little elusive and make jokes, they really like that and secondly, you will not end up like me, when it turns out she wasn't everything she made out to be and she was just playing a very cruel game. The fact that this happened to me 10 times before apparently did not make a difference .. If you are smart and interrested, watch and read about women, personality disorders, like narcism on youtube, educate yourself so you can level the advantage that women have when it comes to mindgames
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

Worth a Mention Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worth a Mention   Worth a Mention EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 3:11 am

Thought this was worth a mention...
In the movies when the bad guys have a chance to finish off the good guys they usually start talking some nonsense (so to say, they have mercy), therefore they lose time and let the good guy(s) escape, unlike the good guys who don't wait and just kill...who are the good and who are the bad guys after all?
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

Worth a Mention Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worth a Mention   Worth a Mention EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 3:25 am

Very good point ! Life can be confusing, so they try to make it easier in movies, and offcourse, the so called mercy is always portrayed as the bad guys simply being sadistic or overconfident, like a cat playing with a mouse, the cat acting like it might give the mouse a chance to escape, so when he finally kills the mouse he feels even more powerfull. Quick executions are for the desperate .. right and the bad guy believes he is in total control. In that sense Hollywood is feeding us the idea that to be good is to be weak (and miraculously excape) and to be bad is to be strong. Think about it, in movies where the hero is strong and the villains are weak and simpleminded, you will feel very bored. Nobody wants to be weak, but everybody says they want to be good, there seems to be a conflict there
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

Worth a Mention Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worth a Mention   Worth a Mention EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 5:22 am

Yes, you got my point, but I think they do that in movies cause they need to make the good guys win, cause a movie with an ending where all the good guys die wouldn't have much success Very Happy
Those out of the ordinary escapes happen very rarely in real life, that's why many policeman die everyday, cause there is an "instinct" - if we can call it like that, to survive by any means necessary, no one can be that sadistic in real life to enjoy the win b4 actually winning...so that's why I mentioned mercy, I think movies secretly show this, and good guys sometimes have mercy too, anyway there is probably no point of trying to search for some sane sense in something made purely for entertainment.
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

Worth a Mention Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worth a Mention   Worth a Mention EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 10:53 pm

Glad to see this topic has spawned into something good (or maybe it's just mercifully bad?)

I don't want to ignore your thoughts jork, but I'd like to say something about the previous topic of humor first. In response to 2D4's response to my response: I wasn't being completely serious with my statement but you brought up some good points. In recent years I have found that laughter is becoming more of a form of communication than an honest response to something that I genuinely find humorous. In that aspect, there is a spectrum of laughter that is just as wide as humor's spectrum. At times, my own seem to be a bit infrared or ultraviolet... I'd also like to point out that the conversation went in sort of a loop. I mention that sophisticated humor is supreme, jork rebuttals, I concur, 2D4 expands, and jork finishes by saying sophisticated humor is worth it more in the end.

As far as women go, I have no idea. In stark contrast to 2D4, I have had no relationships with any. I simply don't see the need for a romantic relationship. Maybe I'm color blind.

On jork's topic: In most movies I find myself rooting for the bad guys. In particular, I found the Joker from The Dark Knight to be one of my all time favorite characters. He himself sort of explains the reasoning behind his mercy towards batman. He was the unstoppable force, and Batman was the unmovable object. They completed each other. Without Batman, the Joker would have no fun. Without the Joker, Batman would have nothing to do (although Bruce Wayne may have stuff to do). It is rare for the villain in a movie to feel absolute contempt towards the hero. When they do, they show no mercy. However, since they feel a special bond towards the hero, they really don't want to kill them.
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

Worth a Mention Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worth a Mention   Worth a Mention EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 2:03 am

I just played BAZIGUDINHO on RR3, lmao!
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

Worth a Mention Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worth a Mention   Worth a Mention EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 4:11 am

I agree IGIT. When you look on a surface level hero's and villains do not seem to make sense but there is a world of meaning when you look deeper and the spectator .. he gets a chance to indentify with the joker, that means, with all the chaos and frightening en seemingly pointless terrifying aspects of himself that he stuffed away, just be be able to live a decent life. This is redeeming and liberating for us, that's why we all secretly marvel at the joker, the darkly magnificance of the terror that seeds inside all of us and secretly we may hope the rather unsurprising and bland batman will be killed, but these veiled hopes are never realised .. and so we applaud the predictable ending with a sense of disapointment we will never admit to. Maybe next time .. lol

In this "light" it is rather odd that the batman is far from exiting .. bats usually remind us of hidden things, moving in the dark. A total reverse
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

Worth a Mention Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worth a Mention   Worth a Mention EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 4:00 pm

jork wrote:
Hmm... that is rather amusing. Who won?

@2D4, I guess there is darkness in us all. As the Joker said, all it takes is a little push.
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

Worth a Mention Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worth a Mention   Worth a Mention EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 6:19 pm

iN GOD I TRUSTâ„¢ wrote:
jork wrote:
Hmm... that is rather amusing. Who won?

It took me some 3 minutes to notice his name, he lasted that long cause of health pickups, but those pickups only made him last a few min longer. I'm pretty sure it's the same person, he was spamming cloak all the time and he was also using a claw, kind of strange to use a normal claw on the venom instead of venom claw, no? Idk... Unlucky for him there is no EMP xD
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

Worth a Mention Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worth a Mention   Worth a Mention EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 2:40 am

Hmm... went to load RR3 today but I gave up after a couple of minutes. Didn't seem worth it and I forgot my Miniclip account for the 10th time...
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

Worth a Mention Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worth a Mention   Worth a Mention EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 2:52 am

I can give u my account anytime, 5 bots maxed out...meh
I actually like to fire lasor on that bolt bot
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

Worth a Mention Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worth a Mention   Worth a Mention EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 3:16 am

hey jork can you tweak my RR3 acount sometime ? if you feel like it. I want some more levels and gold to upgrade basically just the one bot I use. I found my account details
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

Worth a Mention Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worth a Mention   Worth a Mention EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 3:22 am

Ok, If that thing still works I'll give it a go, not promising much though
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

Worth a Mention Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worth a Mention   Worth a Mention EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 5:28 am

Thanks Smile There is no hurry, whenever it's convenient for you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Worth a Mention Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worth a Mention   Worth a Mention Empty

Back to top Go down

Worth a Mention
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Robot Rage Survivors Forums :: News, Rules and Important Things :: Miscellaneous-
Jump to: