Robot Rage Survivors Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

robot rage survivors rr2 rearmed

HomeLatest imagesRR ChatRegisterLog in

Miniclip doesnt have license for RR

Go down 
+2
2D4
TRON
6 posters
AuthorMessage
TRON
RR Beginner

Miniclip doesnt have license for RR Empty
PostSubject: Miniclip doesnt have license for RR   Miniclip doesnt have license for RR EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 3:12 pm

Quote :
junior Ledain, Jul 22 03:37 (BST):
Hello Joodarocks,

Thank you for contacting Miniclip support.

The reason you are not able to access the game from our website any more is that we no longer have a license to carry this game on our website or sell the super-pack for over the last two years.

Thank you for using our website. We hope you have enjoyed your visit and we are looking forward to have you back.

Sincerely,

Junior,

Miniclip Support

Miniclip SA
Case Postale 2671
2001 Neuchâtel
Switzerland

Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: Miniclip doesnt have license for RR   Miniclip doesnt have license for RR EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 4:53 pm

So who does ?
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: Miniclip doesnt have license for RR   Miniclip doesnt have license for RR EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 9:51 pm

idk, I think 2D4 should go visit Switzerland and find out though...
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: Miniclip doesnt have license for RR   Miniclip doesnt have license for RR EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 9:56 pm

Not a bad idea, I love fresh air and pine trees
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: Miniclip doesnt have license for RR   Miniclip doesnt have license for RR EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 10:05 pm

Just say your there for an interview... and then when they least expect it... RIP OPEN YOUR SHIRT TO REVEAL THAT ROBOT RAGE LOGO TATTOO THAT YOU HAVE ON YOUR CHEST! They will all gasp and realize that RR should be revived. The plan is fool proof! FOOL PROOF I TELL YOU!
Back to top Go down
RageTester
Chat Owner
RageTester

PostSubject: Re: Miniclip doesnt have license for RR   Miniclip doesnt have license for RR EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 12:06 am

Alright kinda feels bad we didn't realize Miniclip kept letting the game die, cuz no longer had license... so it must be back for sale ... but Raketspel ain't responding
However Miniclip didn't renew the license (back in 2008 for some reason) if I get it right, and so started game destruction process, no one else ever bought license... wonder how much it costs...
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: Miniclip doesnt have license for RR   Miniclip doesnt have license for RR EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 1:34 am

Hehe IGIT Smile My chest isn't ripped and impressive I don't think they will be impressed.

----------------

The same happened to the multiplayer games miniclip once had, like chess and subhunt, wich was my favorite game ever. If you google them now you can hardly find an image, perhaps if you search for trugamer (the next site that hosted these games) It's so sad to see quality games plunge into oblivion
Back to top Go down
TRON
RR Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Miniclip doesnt have license for RR   Miniclip doesnt have license for RR EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 4:40 pm

RACKETSPEL WONT REPLY

WHAT FAGS
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: Miniclip doesnt have license for RR   Miniclip doesnt have license for RR EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 10:32 pm

Did you email them ? can you give an example of the text maybe ?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
RootRanger
V.I.P.
RootRanger

PostSubject: Re: Miniclip doesnt have license for RR   Miniclip doesnt have license for RR EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 3:02 am

Well this explains why miniclip let robot rage die. They didn't have the legal rights to keep it alive.
Back to top Go down
http://rootranger@gmail.com
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: Miniclip doesnt have license for RR   Miniclip doesnt have license for RR EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 4:03 am

Then who does? Is RR legally dead forever? Sad
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: Miniclip doesnt have license for RR   Miniclip doesnt have license for RR EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 4:33 pm

Okay people I have news ..

I called Raketspel on my mobile and talked straight to the director or Raketspel and was able to ask him a few questions. (I asked him what his name was but he didn't want to say, he only said he was the boss) I also told him about us and this forum and how he can be in touch with us to let us know if there is any news. I asked him:

If Robotrage is for sale, or if they would be willing to sell it. He told me it is not, since they do not know at this point if they are going to remake the game (RR3) and also because the back end is no longer functional and compatible with modern day browsers, so he sais, he could not in good concience sell it because it doesn't work right. When I ask him for the third time if he would not want to sell it IF they decide not to make a new RR, he answers me that in that case I might just aswell build a complete new game and call it Robot Riot ( haha ) because explaining the old codes and stuff would be too difficult and trying to make it work too time consuming.

Why was RR taken offline ? I got the reply that they had no knowledge that RR has even been online since a few years back, so apparently, they did not take it down from jork's site, it must have been another party. The reason they cancelled RR, he said, was the many hackers, making it "unsafe" to host and making it impossible to make money off superpacks, because they were hacked. relative to many emails they had to answer about the game, it was no longer profitable. Exactly when RR was taken offline by Raketspel is not really clear.

Is there going to be a new RR ? He tells me they are seriously considdering it, because it was also one of their favorite games. It would have to be rebuild completely though, he tells me, it is no longer possible to patch it up, as they have done "back in the days" through a glitch in java, so he tell me in confidence. The complete game would have to be remade, we are in contact with miniclip to discuss the possebility, because Miniclip does the hosting and distribution part, they are an important partner.

Have people from this forum been in contact with Raketspel ? I did mention sent emails (from jork I believe) and he said, he did recieve some mails, it appeared he believed he had replied to all correspondence. yet he was clearly not aware of the existence of RRS, a group of RR fans or even the fact that RR was hosted until a few months ago ..

It seems the point bay kids game RR3, has nothing to do with raketspel, I told him about it but it seemed to me he had no idea about it at all.

I told the gentleman that I would appreciate it if he would visit our forum, drop a line and keep us posted on any new developments about Robot Rage. The replied he might do that, I also gave him the web adress of our forum, and told him what I was called on this forum.
After that I thanked him for his time and kindly answering our questions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If we here nothing from Raketspel however, we can send a real letter to raketspel or an email, maybe that way they can keep us informed on new developmemts more easy.

Kontakt
Raketspel AB
Kronobergsgatan 21
112 33 Stockholm
08 653 46 47

kontakt@raketspel.se

If you have any remaining questions that you would like to have answered, drop them here in this Topic and WHEN I will decide to send them mail, I will gladly adress them for you

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I forgot to say, I also told him we are a group of dedicated, true and honest fans and that it might be beneficial to them to ask us for suggestions if they are going to remake RR because many people here know so much about the game and might have great ideas for new features and improvements. If you have those ideas, drop them in this topic (or make a new topic) a place where we can collect all ideas and send them to raketspel, good idea ?

Last edited by 2D4 on Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

PostSubject: Re: Miniclip doesnt have license for RR   Miniclip doesnt have license for RR EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 5:22 pm

Hmm, interesting, I really hope Raketspel gets involved.
Back to top Go down
http://rrlobbychat.com
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: Miniclip doesnt have license for RR   Miniclip doesnt have license for RR EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 5:34 pm

To be clear on this: Raketspel owns the rights to RR. I asked him this specifically, I forgot to say. They decide and make the game
Back to top Go down
RageTester
Chat Owner
RageTester

PostSubject: Re: Miniclip doesnt have license for RR   Miniclip doesnt have license for RR EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 6:08 pm

So we have no RR to play at the moment for sure, the question now is who's gonna make new RR faster Raketspel or Silentbay and if it gonna be any close to the old game...
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: Miniclip doesnt have license for RR   Miniclip doesnt have license for RR EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 9:40 pm

Great work 2D4! Very Happy

Ah, I'm so glad Raketspel had nothing to do with RR3... why? Because that means that Raketspel has not gotten worse and that they could very well recreate a more stable Robot Rage. Perhaps they should sue Silent Bay and use the money to make Robot Rage again? Smile

Personally speaking... I could probably have made a game just like RR3 in less then a week (non-stop) with the little knowledge of JavaScript I have and my access to youtube. Creating a game like Robot Rage 2 would take me forever... in other words, never...

Raketspel probably knows what they did wrong with Robot Rage and they hopefully know how to not make the mistakes they did last time. This means they could probably do it relatively fast. In my opinion there is no need for a interface change so they could salvage any images they already have. Glitches such as the money glitch are very strange, and would probably be nearly impossible to repeat.
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: Miniclip doesnt have license for RR   Miniclip doesnt have license for RR EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 1:11 am

Thank you Smile

Well I think the way to go now is not to get lost in details but to see what our role can be and how we can further our course, which is to bring back robot rage. I think I would be helpfull to write to this gentleman explaining him that we have hosted RR without their knowledge and consent because we are die hard fans and that we never had the objective to make any profits in any way. Also that certain members have even engaged in counter-hacks on hackers, in an attempt to restore fairness and order in the game.

As I said, I have some ideas about what I want to suggest to Raketspel and so do we all, let's gather all these ideas in a Topic and the summary of all that info will be sent to Raketspel, as our contribution to a possible revival and a token of our good intentions. I know RR can be made into a popular money making game for them and they have the resources - as igit said - to build this complicated game. I think, being the boss, he knows what he is talking about when he claims that they would have to build it from scratch. I have ideas for them to create additional earnings besides the superpacks, like sponorship and adds inside the game that could add to the game experience and make them good revenues. Is everybody agreeing with me that we should send those ideas to Raketspel ? It is a good idea to develop friendly correspondence with them, I believe and it might also put an end to the years long dragging on of mistrust and misinformation about RR and it's future.

Do not get your hopes up too high .. all we can do is encourage them, let them know this game is so great that even after years it still has fans. I also think it is a great idea to point out to them silentbay is making that drone game, IGIT perhaps you could make screenshots and combone it with some info on that RR3 version, so we can send it later, as an example of what we don't want lol
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: Miniclip doesnt have license for RR   Miniclip doesnt have license for RR EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 1:20 am

lol, ok. I might do that tomorrow. But if any of you want to take some screenshots go ahead. One idea I had for advertisements would be to have a billboard sign on one of the buildings advertising an actual product or company. If the game gets popular again I think that would be pretty decent income.
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: Miniclip doesnt have license for RR   Miniclip doesnt have license for RR EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 1:26 am

Indeed .. I had the same idea ! and also .. like in football matches, making billboards alongside the walls of the roof with rentable add space. even so, adds on bots, give people that are willing to have printed adds or company logo's on their bots, benefits , like good engines or credits. Also, much like in facebook , the borders of the workshop and garage could contain small adds, as long as they are not moving too much or have pop ups. This could create them loads more then just superpacks. They could sell stuff also though, they could make new features like neons (like in nfsw) or prefab paints of all kinds of themes and sell those for real money.

There is no hurry .. let's just brainstorm and gather ideas for now, in about a month we can send an email their way
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: Miniclip doesnt have license for RR   Miniclip doesnt have license for RR EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 1:39 am

Eh.. Not sure about the benefits part, but I like the idea of being able to place vynils of companys logo on your bot. People love going around with a Nike swoosh on their shirt. They even pay extra. It may not be much different to them if it was on a bot. If there's one thing I hate it's adds being shoved in your face. With the border around the walls of the arena and the billboard its fine. I'm not so sure about the garage. Companies could even sponsor tournaments and give the winners free such and such. Like if eBay hosted one, the winner could get like $5 off their next purchase?
Back to top Go down
RootRanger
V.I.P.
RootRanger

PostSubject: Re: Miniclip doesnt have license for RR   Miniclip doesnt have license for RR EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 1:42 am

Wow. 2D4, that's amazing. Thanks for the effort, and I appreciate the Raketspel boss for offering his time. I think I'll make a huge RR idea post over the next few weeks and see what people think.
Back to top Go down
http://rootranger@gmail.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miniclip doesnt have license for RR   Miniclip doesnt have license for RR Empty

Back to top Go down

Miniclip doesnt have license for RR
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Robot Rage Survivors Forums :: Robot Rage :: Robot Rage - General Talk-
Jump to: