Robot Rage Survivors Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

robot rage survivors rr2 rearmed

HomeLatest imagesRR ChatRegisterLog in

Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial

Go down 
+3
digit
2D4
RageTester
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RageTester
Chat Owner
RageTester

Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial Empty
PostSubject: Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial   Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial EmptyMon May 07, 2012 3:07 pm

Ok I have tested this for some time now, and still can't make colorful images work, but I am wasting loads of time on same boring code generation process and so I don't have time to test if some colors would work... I am making code generation process available for everyone and I'll give you the paint if you succeed to create code right... As far as I know it will be good for everyone, I'll have more codes to look through and try to understand better, and you might get a sweet paint... Make sure you download this tool for image to text conversion :http://rrfilestorage.webs.com/img2bot/VBScriptInt.hta  and you will need MS office excel, word and notepad, software versions may differ and my instructions perfectly fit only MS word and excel 2007...
So here's the tutorial:
Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial Step1
Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial Step2
Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial Step3
Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial Step4
Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial Step5
Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial Step6
Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial Step7
Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial Step8
Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial Step9
Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial Step10
Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial Step11
Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial Step12
And then you need to make HTTP request , I use a tool called Imposter, but browser add-on like request maker could do the job too, I can do this part for you if you send me a proper code...

So after I have done some magic you don't need to worry about here's result:
Without further edit image ain't good
Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial Such%20fail%201t%201st
After little color change it looks better
Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial Eagle%20head%20with%20changed%20colors
And after little edit with zooming tools it looks just awesome
Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial After%20edit%20with%20zooming%20tools

Free hosting of webs.com is supposed to end, so here is a PDF version of this post:
RRpaint-PDF

Last edited by RageTester on Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:50 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial   Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial EmptyMon May 07, 2012 7:40 pm

Impressive work
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial   Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial EmptyMon May 07, 2012 10:00 pm

Great job man! A little late in RR's life but good none-the-less Razz
Back to top Go down
RageTester
Chat Owner
RageTester

PostSubject: Re: Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial   Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial EmptyMon May 07, 2012 10:14 pm

Have to say I was too busy playing to think about doing stuff like this earlier on, eh I'll try to make some great paints while ROBOT RAGE is still there and hope such great advertise paints will make our chat more populated...
Here are some more screenies of the bot:
Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial Nosediving%20Eagle
Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial Nosediving%20Eagle%20back
Back to top Go down
RageTester
Chat Owner
RageTester

PostSubject: Re: Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial   Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial EmptyWed May 16, 2012 9:12 pm

It's not a secret I am fan of Ferrari so here's my attempt to make robot look something like the Ferrari:
Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial Ferrari%20paint%20attempt
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial   Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial EmptyWed May 16, 2012 9:40 pm

lol... i've always been a lambo fan myself. But thats a pretty decent logo job.
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial   Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial EmptyThu May 17, 2012 10:28 pm

I think that looks awesome
Back to top Go down
RootRanger
V.I.P.
RootRanger

PostSubject: Re: Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial   Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial EmptyMon May 21, 2012 5:15 am

Excellent job. VERY few people have figured this out on their own.
Back to top Go down
http://rootranger@gmail.com
RageTester
Chat Owner
RageTester

PostSubject: Re: Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial   Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial EmptyMon May 21, 2012 4:33 pm

RootRanger wrote:
Excellent job. VERY few people have figured this out on their own.
And I bet even less people had the tool for proper paint code transfer on the robot, here's a little fix edit of Ferrari paint:
Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial Ferrari
Still looks weird on medium chassi, but I don't think I'll redo it again...
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial   Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial EmptyMon May 21, 2012 9:40 pm

How long does it take you to do the whole process?
Back to top Go down
RageTester
Chat Owner
RageTester

PostSubject: Re: Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial   Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial EmptyMon May 21, 2012 10:50 pm

Hardest part was to put all together in paint, and final color changing moves also take some time, the problem is I am playing and doing paint at same time so I can't tell how much time this took...One thing I know for sure I couldn't draw a horse like that free hand and pixel painting would take a day...Also I can change color of all inner small gaps in the horse via one action, so this method is definitely worth it Very Happy

Text only cover on bot can be done in couple of minutes, harder paints can take hours to make them look perfect, I still work with pretty simple ones and I have noticed image into code conversation process inverts colors...and those inverted colors are being pasted on robot, robot rage paint palete itself has only 1 tone of black, but I have noticed other black color appearing on bot...still loads to test and loads to achieve!
Back to top Go down
Noobface
Extreme Forummer
Noobface

PostSubject: Re: Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial   Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 8:06 pm

If you want to know how to do way harder pictures, just ask AG. She learned to do it with
the simple click of a button. (IDK ofcourse.)

Do you accept requests for a nice PJ?

Also, if there was an existing PJ, would you be able to simply take the info from the bot
and place it on another with your Imposter. Or should I ask AG?
Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial   Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 2:12 am

I wouldn't be surprised if Noobface = AG Smile I mean who can get in touch with her like that
Back to top Go down
RootRanger
V.I.P.
RootRanger

PostSubject: Re: Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial   Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 6:52 am

Hm. I wonder if Mozoid's and Spectral's "pixel painting" was just transferring images to the robot, and they covered it up by saying they copied each pixel manually.
Back to top Go down
http://rootranger@gmail.com
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial   Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 2:46 pm

I would believe either side of that story, but for some reason I'd think that Spek transfered and Mozoid copied pixel by pixel, not sure why i really think that...
Back to top Go down
RageTester
Chat Owner
RageTester

PostSubject: Re: Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial   Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 9:37 am

I am almost sure Buzzer did his paints same way I am, or had his paints done by someone same way as I do lol...I believe Mozoid is painting on his own...Spektral had hacked bots so I believe his paints were also done the tricky way Surprised
It's easy to transfer paint from robot to robot, way harder to put image on robot, as I mentioned in 1st post you can get paint on your bot if you succeed making paint code right, but please don't use images that contain too much colors, cuz that increases the time I need to fix em up on the bot after transfer...

I did little test, will let you compare my pixel painted dragon head with one I did quickly but that only has 2 colors...
Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial Pixeled%20dragon%20on%20bot
Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial Blacknwhitedragononbot
The thing is pixel painting took me about 20 hours, but black n white version took about 20 minutes...
Question remains, is pixel painting worth it? Sure if you want to edit small parts like eyes or teeth, but if you want to cover all bot, pixel painting is suicide...
In my opinion black n white version doesn't look too bad, well it lost some detail of course, but overall almost as good as pixel painted one, don't you think?

And with this non pixelling option I can do like this ahahahaha:
Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial Blacknwhiteonbot2

One last thought, I guess best way is to put image template on the robot from image and then edit it, by pixelling or any other way...
P.S. I know Juke has been working on paint code, but is there no one else willing to try?
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial   Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 11:28 pm

I might, actually I would... But my computer isn't working all too well lately. Once I get it more stable I will get one done that will solve all our problems (hopefully....)
Back to top Go down
Noobface
Extreme Forummer
Noobface

PostSubject: Re: Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial   Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 9:13 pm

I'm willing to try and get you to make me one... Razz
Back to top Go down
RageTester
Chat Owner
RageTester

PostSubject: Re: Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial   Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 4:07 pm

New paint inspired by other game I play from time to time...
Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial Tribute2Gladaitors
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial   Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 3:27 am

What program do you use to get the 256 bitmap? I did it with one program but the trash text at the beginning is different than yours and it leads me to believe that the whole thing might be messed up...
Back to top Go down
RageTester
Chat Owner
RageTester

PostSubject: Re: Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial   Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 5:56 pm

Well you save image as 256-color bmp via MS paint... and then you use http://rrfilestorage.webs.com/img2bot/VBScriptInt.hta to convert image into text bits...
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial   Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 9:05 pm

How would you like me to send the code? (so you can put it on a bot)
Back to top Go down
RageTester
Chat Owner
RageTester

PostSubject: Re: Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial   Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 12:09 am

Cool You should save the code as it is in a text (most likely notepad) file and upload it somewhere, 2 shared .com works great for that...
Back to top Go down
spektral
Sea Scumb
spektral

PostSubject: Re: Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial   Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 12:10 am

RootRanger wrote:
Hm. I wonder if Mozoid's and Spectral's "pixel painting" was just transferring images to the robot, and they covered it up by saying they copied each pixel manually.

Incorrect.
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint
digit

PostSubject: Re: Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial   Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 12:15 am

Hey Spek! Nice to see you here. I'm sure you're having as much fun as the rest of us painting our bots on the new RR... pale
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial   Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial Empty

Back to top Go down

Image To Robot Rage paint code conversation tutorial
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next