Robot Rage Survivors Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

robot rage survivors rr2 rearmed

HomeLatest imagesRR ChatRegisterLog in

About Rules / Ranks / Groups

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Noobface
Extreme Forummer
Noobface

About Rules / Ranks / Groups Empty
PostSubject: About Rules / Ranks / Groups   About Rules / Ranks / Groups EmptyMon May 02, 2011 10:21 pm

I was looking at 2D4's statistics when I noticed to come upon his rank as HERO. I don't believe he has the post requirement that is needed to be a HERO.
Did the rank numbers drop/change after the updates?

https://rrsurvivors.forumotion.com/t1-rules-ranks-groups

The link clearly says that you have to have 2222 posts, but 2D4 doesn't have that many posts, nor that many points.
If you do not believe me you can visit his statistics (https://rrsurvivors.forumotion.com/u98stats) by clicking on his name and clicking "Statistics," or you can look at my screenie:
About Rules / Ranks / Groups Vda
Back to top Go down
NoMercI
RR Novice
NoMercI

PostSubject: Re: About Rules / Ranks / Groups   About Rules / Ranks / Groups EmptyMon May 02, 2011 11:58 pm

the new counter has something to do with the points instead of the number of posts.

~NM
Back to top Go down
Noobface
Extreme Forummer
Noobface

PostSubject: Re: About Rules / Ranks / Groups   About Rules / Ranks / Groups EmptyTue May 03, 2011 12:04 am

Noobface wrote:
I was looking at 2D4's statistics when I noticed to come upon his rank as HERO. I don't believe he has the post requirement that is needed to be a HERO.
Did the rank numbers drop/change after the updates?

https://rrsurvivors.forumotion.com/t1-rules-ranks-groups

The link clearly says that you have to have 2222 posts, but 2D4 doesn't have that many posts, nor that many points.
If you do not believe me you can visit his statistics (https://rrsurvivors.forumotion.com/u98stats) by clicking on his name and clicking "Statistics," or you can look at my screenie:
About Rules / Ranks / Groups Vda

Still the points don't even add up to 2222.
I just want this fixed...
Back to top Go down
BEASTY
The Creator
BEASTY

PostSubject: Re: About Rules / Ranks / Groups   About Rules / Ranks / Groups EmptyTue May 03, 2011 12:44 am

points and post are completely different things i have changed the amount of posts needed to get to the ranks. updated..

About Rules / Ranks / Groups EastpjeditedAbout Rules / Ranks / Groups Eastbe10About Rules / Ranks / Groups Newrr

Thanks IGIT <3
Back to top Go down
https://rrsurvivors.forumotion.com
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: About Rules / Ranks / Groups   About Rules / Ranks / Groups EmptyTue May 03, 2011 2:48 am

I really don't need to be a hEr0 Smile but treat me fairly please, do not vote me down when there is no reason. Thank you

About Rules / Ranks / Groups 234510
About Rules / Ranks / Groups 0VCms
About Rules / Ranks / Groups Untitl26
Back to top Go down
NoMercI
RR Novice
NoMercI

PostSubject: Re: About Rules / Ranks / Groups   About Rules / Ranks / Groups EmptyTue May 03, 2011 11:31 am

i even dont really care about ranks. i am here because i like RR

~NM
Back to top Go down
Noobface
Extreme Forummer
Noobface

PostSubject: Re: About Rules / Ranks / Groups   About Rules / Ranks / Groups EmptyTue May 03, 2011 10:07 pm

2D4 wrote:
I really don't need to be a hEr0 Smile but treat me fairly please, do not vote me down when there is no reason. Thank you

Ranks are for the post amountage that you have... not reputation.

----

East, if possible, you should make it so that we can make our own ranks.

ADMIN EDIT : "No"

Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: About double posting   About Rules / Ranks / Groups EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 10:06 pm

I want to express my dissatisfaction with the issues around the double posting rule. While in itself the rule is good and just, when applied too rigid it can complicate forumlife and offer a cold and burocratic shoulder. I will motivate why. First of, I think when there is a 24 hour time gap between two posts it cannot be marked as a doublepost/ spamming because spammers do not keep to any rules or timetables. If you think about it logically you will come to the conclusion that no spammer can effectively do his spamming and keep to this 24 rule at the same time. When we have to haphazardously mix our new message in with a previous one it not only feels unnatural and stilted, it also takes away our opportunity to later see when we posted what, since the timestamp is on top of the message. It also creates the problem that the new message does not show up as a new message on the mainpage, attracting no attention. This is suposed to be resolved by posting another double message on top of that saying: DELETE X, so the moderator can delete it. Personally I think it's nice gesture, but not a solid way of fixing the problem at all. The thing is, when you are posting a new message, you want it to look like a new message and not be dependant on someone else having to post something inbetween quickly, so you can say: Look, I didn't doublepost ! I think that there is another reason for doubleposting we should tolerate. When someone makes two posts in a row but they contain something new and meaningfull like a video, a set of random paints, a drawing of a kitten sitting on frodo's lap, etc. These messages are purposefull and actually add value to the forum, we should not punish someone for making an effort, right ? So, I have decided to no longer anxiously try to avoid an accidental "doublepost", I hope the people in charge of keeping order on this forum will respect my point of view. I will however keep to the 24 hour rule since I think that really makes sense (you can keep me to it !), especially in the case of posting double. I heard someone say the reason for spamming is that the number of posts go up and you get another status or something. I can garantee you that, even though I noticed I am the number one poster, this is not even meanfull or interresting to me. You have my permission to change my post-count into anything you want it to be.

Note*

We are not the only forum that deals with this problem, on other forums people can
really get in eachothers hair about it and often, keeping to this rule too strictly leads
to disputes, disharmony a bad atmosphere and people being demotivated and leaving
the forum as a result, all becouse we avoided spamming ! This raises the question if
the cure isn't worse then the thing we want to heal ? Clear rules need to be established
offcourse. I would like to suggest to officially include exeptions to the doubleposting
rule in the forum rules.

Back to top Go down
TheHat
H€®Ø
TheHat

PostSubject: Re: About Rules / Ranks / Groups   About Rules / Ranks / Groups EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 3:57 am

Double posting in the rules is so stupid. There are about 10 members on this effing forum, and posts are quite rare. So the person posting the most and keeping the forum alive (2D4) gets shit for it.

About Rules / Ranks / Groups Lolfad10
Back to top Go down
BEASTY
The Creator
BEASTY

PostSubject: Re: About Rules / Ranks / Groups   About Rules / Ranks / Groups EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 5:12 am

im not complaining long as posts are decent.

About Rules / Ranks / Groups EastpjeditedAbout Rules / Ranks / Groups Eastbe10About Rules / Ranks / Groups Newrr

Thanks IGIT <3
Back to top Go down
https://rrsurvivors.forumotion.com
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
2D4

PostSubject: Re: About Rules / Ranks / Groups   About Rules / Ranks / Groups EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 11:08 pm

Thanks Smile

I will keep to the 24 hour time gap between posts tho, otherwise even I am afraid I will post too much !

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: About Rules / Ranks / Groups   About Rules / Ranks / Groups Empty

Back to top Go down

About Rules / Ranks / Groups
Page 1 of 1