Robot Rage Survivors Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

robot rage survivors rr2 rearmed

HomeLatest imagesRR ChatRegisterLog in

I love the glue spreader.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
RootRanger
V.I.P.
RootRanger

I love the glue spreader. Empty
PostSubject: I love the glue spreader.   I love the glue spreader. EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 7:54 am

I love it. I LOVE IT! Before I always used remotes. Which is good for anti-claw. And thats it. But glue can do everything! It started with my Root Reborn bot. My goal is to try to get to 4+ without credit glitching or super hacking. (and obviously no armor hacks or kami) By the way, read all of this, you won't regret it. I actually found it kinda funny.

Right now I am at 3+ with Medium/Large, Spears/Flames/glue, and 2 alks. My original plan was to go with glue until I had enough credits to save up for razors. I think I'm going to stick with glue. I have been playing RR for, oh, 3 years? I just now realized the power of spears/flames/glue.

So how is glue good you ask? If you are fighting claws, shouldn't you use remote charges? And if you aren't fighting claws you should use rear razors/spears, mines, or minibots...right? Well you could. But allow me to tell you about the tactics of the amazing weapon: the glue spreader.

Part I
Claw battles : Glue vs Remotes

Many players think remotes are the way to go. After all, you could be facing someone capable of reverse driving/clawing. Or you could be facing Madseason. Whats so special about Madseason, you ask? Well TONS of things. I'll make a whole thread about Madseason's creepy habits later. But if you are facing someone like Madseason who can claw you through walls with ease you will want the quick, always working remotes, because they can live the short turn to the wall. Wait, hold on here Root, you've just advertised the use of remotes. What are you doing? This thread is about glue, remember? Hehe, forgot about that. Razz Well the reason remotes don't work so perfectly is because, first, they damage yourself as much, if not more, than your opponent. Wait, hold on here. Hang on its coming. OH YEAH, we're supposed to damage them! Forgot about that for a second. The next reason is, remotes don't really work when they claw you, declaw you, and repeat. I mean you only have ten remotes. Hah! Theres another reason glue is better than remotes! You only get ten remotes, haha! Anyways, if they keep declawing you and doing cool tricks your remotes will get wasted. Something like this: I love the glue spreader. Wastedremotes

I think I'm going to use that picture as my avatar.

Plus if they have regen, they can force you to use your remotes, then run and regenerate health. And if its Bazigudino they can use glue to slow you down while they regenerate. I'll get to that later. Hold on Root, all you've done is post random pictures and make a terrible attempt to tell us why remotes are bad. Even after two tactis masters, Mozoid and AG recommended remotes. Well they don't post random pictures and make terrible attempts to tell us why remotes are bad. So they are just like, out of the debate. OK, back on topic. Glue is good, it just takes some time to learn. If your camera is set on angle 3 you can get near a wall, position yourself at an angle, then, if they are in the open, you can see them and they can't see you. This means you can anticipate their attack. What that is, is waiting near a corner. Then when they pass the corner immediately go back. Most of the time they will chase you. This puts a small distance in between you, but not too much. When you are convinced they aren't going to randomly stop, it is a good time to drop a double glue patch. Then you can get them stuck. Not even Dalmat can get people stuck in place using remote charges Very Happy Correct me if I'm wrong, old timers.

So once they are stuck in the glue, you like, win. I'm seroius. You just gotta unleash all your flames or razors. That does 200 damage out of 249. The last 49 armor points can be acheived with spears (if you used flames) or laser (if you uses razors). I mean, how easy can it get. You have to hit them TWICE when they are ALREADY stuck, then use a laser fall. No seriously. You have infinite shots on a stationary target. How hard is it to hit them twice? Not even ClawerRR could lose that- lose tha- oh screw this, I can't even say that with a straight face. OK, but maybe someone like scootz couldn't lose that poition. There ya go. So glue is pretty easy isn't it. Well no, but if you get them in the right spot it is not a hard win. It will take practice, but if you can backward-drive well you can even beat regens. Even with credit. That, scootz couldn't do, but with some skill you will be beating regen-claws in no time. So there you have it. Glue is cooler than regen when you face claws and does not get drunk as easily. Still not convinced? Read part II.

Part II
Fighting lasers with Glue Creditbots

Think you read part II? What Root? No, I didn't read part II. You haven't written it yet! Ahhh...but you did, you read the words "Part II" Hah. There is an advantage to glue users. They are stupidly witty and look like fools. Back on topic. There are tactics you can use with glue. If you a a credit bot fighting super bots with lasers, then you are probably Bonsai. But if you aren't Bonsai, or if you are Bonsai and you want to learn something new, read on. The advantages flames have against lasers - ok nevermind. Let me rephrase that. The only way flames aren't completely screwed when facing a laser - ok nevermind. Let me rephrase that again. You can ONLY beat a good laser user with credit if you have glue. You use the same tactics you used against claws. Just get them stuck and ambush them. Flames can actually dish out damage faster then the laser, its just their range reaches just past the tip of the front of you chassis. So you can only really beat a laser user if they get stuck. Then flames do 200 damage and you finish them off with spears. Onto Part III

Part III
Fighting other superbots with superbots. Oh, and you have glue.

Well its best to use Razor/Laser with the glue. Cause you can use the razors for a quick 200 damage and finish them with lasers. Now lets face it. No one here is that good with front razors. Me? I get about 4 times as much damage by geting lucky after a razor has bounced off walls about 8 times than direct hits. Most of you manage to get a few direct hits, but still, razors do maybe 100 damage on a good day? If you get them with glue you can do like, double that. Just try it. Its +100 damage. The minibot gets, what, 50 damage to them and 100 damage to yourself? Come on. Glue isn't even that hard to use. Just needs a bit of backwards driving to get them stuck. So come on use glue now!

Plus, Chuck Norris uses glue!

I love the glue spreader. Glue

Last edited by RootRanger on Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:04 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://rootranger@gmail.com
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
jork

PostSubject: Re: I love the glue spreader.   I love the glue spreader. EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 9:12 am

I haven't read all yet, but spears/flames/glue is one of my favorite setups, I used dagger/flames/glue before rearmed and was undefeatable, I even beat people with claw laser and mines. If your opponent claws you and you put glue he can stay in glue and shoot you far away so it's the glues only lack, so I love to use it too because it can do much cool things like if you are driving backwards you can shoot your opponent with flames and spears while glue makes opponent immobile for some seconds, it's like EMP.
Back to top Go down
http://rrlobbychat.com
RootRanger
V.I.P.
RootRanger

PostSubject: Re: I love the glue spreader.   I love the glue spreader. EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 4:01 pm

Indeed, very similar to the EMP, but it is a surfire way to immobilize them if they are stuck.
Back to top Go down
http://rootranger@gmail.com
hitech
RR Beginner
hitech

PostSubject: Re: I love the glue spreader.   I love the glue spreader. EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 11:56 pm

mhm, my mix, drill & glue pwns.

Glue is the best weapon in history
Back to top Go down
LYCANTHROP
RR Beginner
LYCANTHROP

PostSubject: Re: I love the glue spreader.   I love the glue spreader. EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 10:53 pm

its true Ive been experimenting and I find glue very rewarding!!Its gotten me out of some messes!
Back to top Go down
UR2GOOD4ME
Sea Scumb

PostSubject: Re: I love the glue spreader.   I love the glue spreader. EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 2:45 pm

me,hah! any way i dont face ppl with lasers or claws so i just use spear flame
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I love the glue spreader.   I love the glue spreader. EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 4:59 am

Good strategy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I love the glue spreader.   I love the glue spreader. Empty

Back to top Go down

I love the glue spreader.
Page 1 of 1